the ?squadmessage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the ?squadmessage

I've seen this thread about 231 times but I'm making it again just to stress that I want it..

The ?squadmessage command is so needed.. If a captain has something important to say to all squad he should be able to give em all a message.. Throw it in to the next continuum client version
    Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Originally posted by Noah
    I've seen this thread about 231 times but I'm making it again just to stress that I want it..

The ?squadmessage command is so needed.. If a captain has something important to say to all squad he should be able to give em all a message.. Throw it in to the next continuum client version
    AKA # command
    Originally posted by Kolar
    My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
    ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

:: is to #
      as
      ?message is to ?squadmessage

Comment

agreed, you need a command that will message an entire squad. messaging them all one by one is long and timewaste.

Comment

I agree. :up:
          7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
          Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
          TWLJ Champion Season 11
          TWLB All-Star Season 10
          Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

command should be restricted to squadowner only tho.. same as the other squadcommands.. the abuse would be mad if every1 could do it to any squad
            Last edited by Noah; 08-09-2004, 05:27 PM.

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

i think trench wars should shut down
              can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Well, some time ago, Rifleman wrote a Message_Bot which allowed you to send squad-wide messages. It had a few other features such as announcements and what have you. Last I knew he had taken the bot down for what he hoped to be the last few bug fixes and tweaks. I haven't seen it back up for a helluva long time though, so maybe he abandoned the project or he himself is afk for awhile. If people really, and I mean really want this, I'll try to make it happen if the TWCore has the capabilities. I'm not 100% sure it does. You guys really have to want this though, 'cause it's going to take quite a bit of work to write such a bot, only to have it become obsolete as soon as a ?squadmessage command is implemented in subgame (the biller TW uses).
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

I'd be happy for it Jason, but if you got lots of work doing it, it's up to you..

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
                    Well, some time ago, Rifleman wrote a Message_Bot which allowed you to send squad-wide messages. It had a few other features such as announcements and what have you. Last I knew he had taken the bot down for what he hoped to be the last few bug fixes and tweaks. I haven't seen it back up for a helluva long time though, so maybe he abandoned the project or he himself is afk for awhile. If people really, and I mean really want this, I'll try to make it happen if the TWCore has the capabilities. I'm not 100% sure it does. You guys really have to want this though, 'cause it's going to take quite a bit of work to write such a bot, only to have it become obsolete as soon as a ?squadmessage command is implemented in subgame (the biller TW uses).
                    Would be great if you could get this option on a bot! I remember ?messaging each single squadmember before about TWLB games coming up.
                    Only the loyal count.

Comment

Okay, I know you can PM a squad by doing #Squadname, can it work with ?message?

?message #warpath:Hey
                      DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
                        Okay, I know you can PM a squad by doing #Squadname, can it work with ?message?
                        Sumpson> ?message #BasingCrew:test

Non-existent recipient
                        Only the loyal count.

Comment

Just make a squad website and post news there.

Comment

Whats more easy?

?squadmessage:Guys blahblahblah

or?

Create a website, get everyone to check it as often as they check game.

I think maybe the small pub squads would benefit the most of this tho, and that's a very neglected issue..

Comment

dont think this is a continuum upgrade but a server update look at http://www.subspacenetwork.com/Bcommands.php
                              i think the notifysquad command would do this but meh i dont know the SSN comands well so maby does something else, but shit lot of commands that we cant do in tw on that sever so im sure if notifysquad does not does this they could add it in without useing bots and continuum upgrade but meh i might be wrong
                              Cat: You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? 'Hey man. You threw the stick, you go and get it yourself, I'm busy. If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?'

Comment

Working...
                              X