No announcement yet.

Player vs. Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the guy who went 20-10 is better.
    Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
    i just wish it was longer
    Originally posted by Cops
    it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

if a guy is getting 20 kills, how the hell is he not teamming. He's getting 20 people off your back at different times, and even if he keeps killing the same guy, he's still helping you in the overall outcome in the match. Have you ever tried to play for a team where there isn't a guy who can just blow up and get a ton of kills. It's really hard cause it puts so much pressure on everyone else to keep a consitent rec and keep up with the kills. If you dont have to worry about gettin all the kills cause some guy racks up 20, it makes the game alot easier for you. There are still 4 of you who can team with each other, let him go off and get 20 kills while you 4 stay alive. Now, if you're on a team with 5 guys who go out and try and get 20 kills, you'll lose, cause nobody teams when they attempt to mvp, it's a fact. If you sit back, team, and let the kills come to you,thats fine, but 5 aggressive rushers who don't team will usually end up with 5-10 recs, not the 20-10 they set out for.

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
      Asia Minor> maybe not
      Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
      bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
      bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
      bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
      bloodzombie> seriously

Comment

depends on the situation, and what zeus said, haha
        the price is right, bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by HellzNo!
          if a guy is getting 20 kills, how the hell is he not teamming. He's getting 20 people off your back at different times, and even if he keeps killing the same guy, he's still helping you in the overall outcome in the match. Have you ever tried to play for a team where there isn't a guy who can just blow up and get a ton of kills. It's really hard cause it puts so much pressure on everyone else to keep a consitent rec and keep up with the kills. If you dont have to worry about gettin all the kills cause some guy racks up 20, it makes the game alot easier for you. There are still 4 of you who can team with each other, let him go off and get 20 kills while you 4 stay alive. Now, if you're on a team with 5 guys who go out and try and get 20 kills, you'll lose, cause nobody teams when they attempt to mvp, it's a fact. If you sit back, team, and let the kills come to you,thats fine, but 5 aggressive rushers who don't team will usually end up with 5-10 recs, not the 20-10 they set out for.

I agree with everything you said except for the part where u said "but 5 aggressive rushers who don't team will usualy end up with 5-10 recs"

Shriek was basicaly that and they did very well in every LJ they were in (till they died/dq'd/something) But i guess they had a little bit of teamwork too.
          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

I think the 20-10 dude deserves more credit. If he can account for almost 50% of the kills needed to win a match, and his other 4 squaddies can't get the remaining 30 between them..

Even though the dude with 20-10 may deserve more credit, it doesn't mean that he's better then the guy with a 10-9. Maybe he was spawned 4 times, and thats why he's not 10-5.
            7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
            7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
            7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
            7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
            1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

Not to be a prick knockies, but 20-10 isnt 50% of 50 kills
              _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
                Not to be a prick knockies, but 20-10 isnt 50% of 50 kills
                If he can account for almost 50% of the kills needed to win a match, and his other 4 squaddies can't get the remaining 30 between them..
                Read it again
                7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
                7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
                7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
                7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
                1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

Imo

I like some of your responses. Some of you get it, some don't. The point is the question really can't be answered accurately. The only real facts we can take from this matter is that the 10-9 guy didn't mvp and won't be noticed by really anyone, and the 20-10 guy probably will mvp but he'll be either praised if he just did great and his team didn't or put down if he just went solo. So, to me they are equal without anything else to go on. It's all about the motive.
                  -Dave

Comment

Hey if the 20-10 guy was able to solo like that and the other 4 could play as a team the 20-10 is better. I tend to try to play a bit soloed in dds picking off people, vulching and such.
                    TWLB Champion Season 1 (Light)
                    TWLD Champion Season 6/7 (Elusive/Syndicate)
                    TWLJ Champion Season 7 (Syndicate)

1 of the first 2 to get all 3. (Fireballz is other)

Comment

Some people (like me) tend to do better when people are teaming you than you and two other teammates teaming one person.

Comment

teaming

It's okay if you're good when being faced with multiple opponents, but your team should never be off chasing people 4v2 or anything like that unless you have one of the aforementioned people on your roster. If you go off and chase 2 people that means the other 3 are going to be chasing your guy around the map. There's not much advantage to it. If you have one us people who gets more kills when people are chasing him around, then you just let him do his thing while you as a team pressure the rest of them. Usually the guy running ends up with a lower score though, since the other team spends too much effort trying to kill him and overlooks the fact that they are outnumbered where it counts.

Here's another question? Is it okay/respectable to snipe when your team is rushing? rush when the team is sniping? etc? I've found that when I'm with an aggressive team and I'm the only one backing off I rack up a great record. Sometimes this can leave you alone in the end though since you're like 7-0 and all your teammates are dead already. Countless times last season on Melee we would be twdd'ing sk8 and i'd end up 1v3 unless i played aggressively.

That said, lots of times I think it just comes down to the environment. If you're familiar with your team it's okay to be creative; no certain "team" style is necessarily the best. My advice is to do what works for you as an individual, but try to mold that to fit in with the team. If you're a rusher, you can bail people out who are in trouble by flanking or you can make the swarms more solid. If you're a passive player, you draw off people from the other team giving you're teammates a man advantage on the main front. If you play midrange, you can provide great cover fire for the rushers. Main point: don't change your style to fit with your squadmates unless your current style of play just sucks in general. If what you do works, use it to the team's advantage.
                        -Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Capital Knockers
                          Read it again
                          Knockies i luv u!!!
                          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

The rec is important but the only thing.

You should catch bombs for your terr, serve as human shield for your terr and distract enemy fire away from your terr.

Conclusion?

Terr is more important than rec.
                            My Blog
                            I'm looking for a basing squad. Hit me up. Caim E.X.

Comment

cig, shriek rushed, but they still did it together. Ever notice that if you're in a lj against shriek, and you're off on your own, you'll be 1v4 within seconds. They are easily the best teamming jav team even tho no one realizes it. you'll never fight one shriek guy by himself, unless you've taken out the other 4 already.

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
                              Asia Minor> maybe not
                              Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
                              bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
                              bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
                              bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
                              bloodzombie> seriously

Comment

Working...
                              X