No announcement yet.

TW and privacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why don't you write the tourny scripts for me and we'll get it on the road?
    TWLB Champion Season 1 (Light)
    TWLD Champion Season 6/7 (Elusive/Syndicate)
    TWLJ Champion Season 7 (Syndicate)

1 of the first 2 to get all 3. (Fireballz is other)

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
      I seriously doubt this game is monitored that cloesly and I think you're being a little over-excitable there
      I agree with Zues....no one cares about a bunch of chat logs....of a bunch of loser Nerds who waste there life on a 2D Spaceship game....they want the big money issues
      Originally posted by Tone
      Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Originally posted by 2dragons

$$
        Originally posted by Kolar
        My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
        ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

I agree

Originally posted by Ephemeral
          Eek!!!
          So if I understand, all chat log files are reviewed for possible hacking issues. This means that no chats are really private. If the log files are stored on USA servers they are also subject to subpoena and legal action (there isn't anything that Dock could do about that).
          Given this, I would say that if someone wanted to bring TW down, all they would have to do is start making terrorist or other legal threats. At some point, the others would become become involved, subpoena log files, shut servers down. Since this stuff isn't listed or enforced as unacceptable or 'bannable' behavior, there might also be some liability on the part of the company being kind enough to host the servers and any TW administrators.

Additionally, there is legal exposure without having a privacy statement published. If I have assumed that a private chat was just that, private. If a person said something in a private chat, there is an implied responsibility to keep it private. I happen to have a co-worker who plays. We have, in the past, discussed business matters that are strictly private. For purposes of an example, these discussions might have included intellectual properties that could be patentable. If someone one else then shows up with these ideas, it would be possible to bring legal action. Although no one (TW admins and hosting company) might be found culpable, this would definitely cause an interruption to TW as servers are 'frozen' and log files retrieved.

Seems to me that all of this could be easily avoided with a Privacy statement and adding a few rules regarding making threats in the game. It's the right thing to do, to inform people that private chats aren't really private and that anything that is said could be read/published by others. It's also the right thing to do in terms of protecting the hosting company, admins, and the game itself.
          If you guys want some help in writing this up, let me know. (I am not a lawyer, but I have access to some renowned corporate lawyers. I am willing to help at no cost to anyone, just in the interest of protecting everyone and keeping the game/community up and running).
          It doesn't hurt to be more cautious. I think this is a good idea Epi.

Talking in a gaming zone isn't private. I always figured that if you have something private to say, use something that you know is private. Not some gaming zone.
          "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong" -Mahatma Gandhi

-FLaBiN
          flabin@trenchwars.org

Comment

When I click on the banner link to the website, it gets me there fine, but when I click the links in the site, it doesnt show any banners. It just shows how many people have worn a certain banner.

Comment

Originally posted by Twerp
              When I click on the banner link to the website, it gets me there fine, but when I click the links in the site, it doesnt show any banners. It just shows how many people have worn a certain banner.
              That's because the web site isn't done.
              "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong" -Mahatma Gandhi

-FLaBiN
              flabin@trenchwars.org

Comment

Why don't you write the tourny scripts for me and we'll get it on the road? - 2dragons

Two seasons have already gone by without horrible results. If you are incapable of implementing particular new features like the playoff mode due to time constraints or whatever it may be, then at least start up a season and then let it run a few months longer, until you either get the playoff thing going..or maybe even just have someone host it manually. Cylor did a pretty good job with the 1st annual warbird tournament that way.
                Awesome> i'm 20.. and definately bigger than you... where do you live, if i ever take a vacation there i'll come beat you up 7:Ripper> hahah
                7:destroy> he'll come to smash you with his keyboard
                7:death row> lol keyboard. must be thug =(((
                7:LofTy> Rofl Drow

Sika> 5:Rich> i went bowling with lofty irl

death row> just throw in a disclaimer: drunk lofty, cannot be responsible for drunk lofty's opinion.

Comment

lol, privacy, you have no privacy over the internet... staff see's all conversations ^_-

so that means no talking dirty!
                  Krazie_Killer

DoCk> I'm a wittle girl!
                  I Knew it!

The joys of TWBeta ^_^
                  2:Shas'la T'au Kais> .
                  2:Krazie_Killer> .
                  2:epor> .
                  2:IcER> .
                  2:H0blin G0blin> ..
                  2:Shas'la T'au Kais> quit copying me.
                  2:Krazie_Killer> damn it hoblin!
                  2:epor> lol
                  2:Krazie_Killer> you had to ruin it!

Comment

No, no they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Verthanthi
                      No, no they don't.
                      but I sure as hell do.
                      -Dave

Comment

shit

Comment

Originally posted by FLaBiN
                          It doesn't hurt to be more cautious. I think this is a good idea Epi.
                          You said Epi and not Eph.
                          5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                          5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                          5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
                            You said Epi and not Eph.
                            he just quoted eph to distract newbies not paying attention.
                            5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                            5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                            5: Da1andonly> =((
                            5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                            5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                            5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

when i wasnt banned yet

i was rly pissed with tw and asked someone a way to get a long ban

then the person said "pm dock> saying you gonna hack tw"

i did it but i guess he was afk cause i didnt get banned or an answer

then i told lk and he said i could get a 1 year ban for that

so i was LOL

well i hope that for saying that i dont get banned too.

lolz

just to point all this shit is shit, dock> has better things to do instead of reading how many times you went to a gls/gay disco on your priv chat
                              8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
                              8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
                              8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
                              8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
                              8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
                              8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

Originally posted by 2dragons
                                way to bash ungrateful bastards, 2d :up:

Comment

Working...
                                X