Elim spawning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elim spawning

Hmm...If spawning in tourny can be controled with "no counts" why can't it be controled in elim?

In tourny, don't you get warped back into your little cramped box if you die? (I havent played it in a while.) If so, there is no little box in elim.

Comment

Yes you do get put into a box and then warped out of it, if you are shot after being warped out the kill does not count. The same goes if you kill someone right after being warped out of the box. (really a triangle)

Comment

the whole elim spawning issue could be solved with a bot that does this:

when you respawn, the bot doesnt allow you to shoot or die for 3 seconds.

problem solved.
        top 100 basers list

Comment

How to avoid spawning:

1. Dodge
          2. Spawn them before they spawn you
          3. If they do spawn you, spawn them back.
          DELETED

Comment

Or high tail it out of the spawn zone.

Comment

The fact is no matter what you do: dodge, run, spawn first, ect. spawning is going to happen. To make it not count is the only way to stop spawning. Even if everyone was fair (yeah right), strays are still going to spawn at times. So why don't we have the bot recongize this and let the person respawn without a death on the record?

Comment

Who cares...spawning is part of the game..next thing we'll need it for TWL
                the price is right, bitch.

Comment

Anyways, it's just a game so you don't need to get so worked up over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
                    How to avoid spawning:

1. Dodge

$$

WELCOME TO TW AKA SPAWN ZONE
                    Originally posted by Kolar
                    My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
                    ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse
                      the whole elim spawning issue could be solved with a bot that does this:

when you respawn, the bot doesnt allow you to shoot or die for 3 seconds.

problem solved.
                      top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
                        How to avoid spawning:

1. Dodge
                        Exactly.. If you get spawned alot your a newbie and you get spawned because u can't spawn.. I never.. never get spawned unless i try spawning someone. (In baseelim) just elim is harder i get spawned more but still.. GET over IT

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
                        1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
                        1:Freeze> LOL FAR
                        ---
                        5:waven> freeze
                        5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
                        5:waven> you state your business with sanji
                        5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
                        5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
                        5:waven> and i will talk to ease
                        5:Freeze> LOL
                        5:waven> that's how things work around here
                        --
                        1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

Originally posted by IceStorm
                          Exactly.. If you get spawned alot your a newbie and you get spawned because u can't spawn.. I never.. never get spawned unless i try spawning someone. (In baseelim) just elim is harder i get spawned more but still.. GET over IT

why? especially when the solution is so simple and viable.
                          top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse
                            why? especially when the solution is so simple and viable.
                            The solution is neither simple or viable. Programming a bot to not allow a person to shoot nor die isn't the easiest thing (I've tried it.) The solutions that can be created to do that rely on some sort of prizing system (shields, negative green) or (prize bullets, negative prize energy) something like that, just rediculous and a lot of work, and even then there will be times when it doesn't work. So not simple.

If you take a look into a simple approach (TWEL spawning system), well yeah that's pretty easy to work with and works fairly decently, however the new problem is you have to modify the bot which runs elim for these changes (Robo Ref.) That solution is not viable because only Priit can modify the bots and that takes time & effort where it is not necessary. Live with the spawning.
                            TWLB Champion Season 1 (Light)
                            TWLD Champion Season 6/7 (Elusive/Syndicate)
                            TWLJ Champion Season 7 (Syndicate)

1 of the first 2 to get all 3. (Fireballz is other)

Comment

yes, and PriitK is also the only person that can start up the bots...which is why the roboreplacements are still up in belim2 and elim...there should be another person (DoCk>?) that has access to the ref's so when they get knocked off and need a restart they won't be down as long as they have been the past couple times
                              Ban Ikrit

Comment

Working...
                              X