Trivia Format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trivia Format

Greetings, people of Trench Wars, lend me your ears.

I think that the current format of "Trivia" hosted in ?go trivia has run its course. I think that maybe a system with a winning score of 50 should be implemented, where everyone playing would have at least 10 seconds to submit their answer to triviabot. If this is possible, please materialize my suggestion, for only this would end the unfair competition. It truly is a competition of typing, and not knowledge. Trivia face to face can be played like this, since people can yell just as quickly as one another, but when we're dealing with peoples' typing skills, we should consider a better method.
    Subspace - Best kept secret in the video gaming world. Let's keep it that way.

its more like a competition to see who can cheat the fastest, no way someone can read the question , think about the answer, and type it all under 2 seconds.
    Like, there was this ninja who got
    ticked off at some people who kept
    talking while he was trying to rock
    out on his guitar, so the ninja totally
    flipped out and sang at them till
    they all exploded!!! (true story.)

Comment

hmmm....like...

Triviabot> What is the term refering to killing someone with a bounty lower than 40?
      :triviabot:!buzz
      <bpm-dogbert !buzz's the bot>
      Triviabot> You have <answer.length() * .5> seconds to answer.
      :triviabot:noobing
      Triviabot> Jacen Solo missed, BPM-Dogbert you have <answer.length() * .5> seconds to answer.
      <bpm-dogbert pm's bot w/ negging>
      Triviabot> BPM-Dogbert has got the correct answer, "negging".

that shouldn't be too hard of a change
      Ban Ikrit

Comment

umm....my way would need a slight modification to make it so it isn't like super long games
        Ban Ikrit

Comment

Well, what I was thinking, was more like, everyone at the same time had about 10 seconds to answer each question, and the same amount of time between hints and the time up. Like, say someone answered correctly within the first two seconds, the question would remain active, but would close to answering at the same time that it usually says "No one has answered with..."
          Subspace - Best kept secret in the video gaming world. Let's keep it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Overburn
            its more like a competition to see who can cheat the fastest, no way someone can read the question , think about the answer, and type it all under 2 seconds.
            you don't understand much
            Originally posted by Ward
            OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

explain

Comment

i do that regularly, and i don't cheat. neither does nockm, or jacen, or qyll, etc. etc. etc.
                Originally posted by Ward
                OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

BPM, Ganon, and Melufa don't cheat either...we just have highly trained brains that respond to the questions faster than the average joe...(aka we play more than most people)
                  Ban Ikrit

Comment

What I do, at night, when I wanna host something, but don't wanna play a game I do manual trivia. I just ask random questions, it's kinda like Jeopardy.
                    DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Jacen Solo
                      BPM, Ganon, and Melufa don't cheat either...we just have highly trained brains that respond to the questions faster than the average joe...(aka we play more than most people)

it takes me atleast 2 seconds to realsize the question has been asked and to read it, then another 2 seconds to think about the answer, then another 2 seconds to type it.

man, Im slow

Comment

well, I also do academic challenge (aka quiz bowl) and some other crap so I have basically trained myself to respond and think about things fast
                        Ban Ikrit

Comment

Originally posted by Vykromond
                          i do that regularly, and i don't cheat. neither does nockm, or jacen, or qyll, etc. etc. etc.
                          OR EWAN

I'm all for it becoming more of a pub-quiz style, where everyone gets the same amount of time ot answer. As long as that time stays at 10 - 15 seconds so people can't google.
                          USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                          ---A few minutes later---
                          9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                          9:Kim> UM
                          9:Kim> i didn't
                          9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                          9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                          9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                          9:pascone> lol?

Comment

agreed cc, and maybe change up the questions every week or two, so ppl who play 24/7 cant memorize the answers and have them macro'd

Comment

I think there are over 500 questions so you cant macro it. Memorizing all those questions would be hard. I think they just know a lot of useless crap and bring it up really quick in there heads and type really fast. It's like Ken on jeopardy. He brings up the answers so fast.

Comment

Working...
                              X