Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cash prized tournaments? what do u think?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cash prized tournaments? what do u think?

Just like Ut my friend diesal who is ranked #2 in ut and undaunted {+NTF+} ranked #13 in ut was talkin to me about cash prizes. Their squad in Ut made 45,000 dollars, of course tw prizes would not be nearly this much but i thought it was an interesting concept to consider. Each player could be assigned a 5-10$ entry fee and players would make their own teams. Some of the entry fee money could go to cash prizes, some to staff, and some as a trenchwar fund raiser.

Tell me ur ideas on this? - Mystics

One team would just stack their team and would be easy winners.
    I dont think everyone agrees with you that tyf is a vet.. eeeeh? (2 tired to type the rest)

Pred

Edit: btw.. did you just compare raspi with tyflias? (roflmaoroamroamroam ramroamr amroaomroamraofmlamomarmlol)

Comment

Then you better get a better stacked team. I dunno how many people would hop on board for this tho.
      DELETED

Comment

I don't think it'd be a great idea. Because alot of extremely good players would all just join 1 squad and control the whole thing.

Edit: Unless, its just a 1 person thing

Comment

This should be individual entry or partners at the most.
          5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
          5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
          5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

I know I wouldn't be comfortable if someone else knew my address, from a online game.

Comment

Nice idea except well, those massive UT tournaments, are usually supported by major players in the gaming community( see: game developer/publisher, 1up.com, etc ) so they can be handled very professionally.

If a tournament in Trench Wars would be held, first you'd have to implement rankings so a mass team of 20:1 players didn't form, because then it would just be over kill of everyone else. Then you'd need to do a lot more like setting rules, making sure there's little to no lag, deciding ship types, areas, handling of entry fees, payment of winners, etc etc

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
              .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

45,000? Thats alot. Well anyways I like this idea alot. If everyone who wanted to enter the tournament would pay 5-10$ like you said it would be ok. And yeah it should be individual or partners at most like fit said, otherwise all players would just bunch up in a squad and win all tournaments.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonscale
                  45,000? Thats alot. Well anyways I like this idea alot. If everyone who wanted to enter the tournament would pay 5-10$ like you said it would be ok. And yeah it should be individual or partners at most like fit said, otherwise all players would just bunch up in a squad and win all tournaments.
                  it'd be good if there were people of equal skill, or any skill at all, entered the tournament....but you know that would never happen *cough* piston *cough*

Comment

i see what your saying about individuals or partners. However, we could also limit the teams to an amount of players. For example limit the teams to 8 players that way there are not as many stacked teams. Besides the less ppl on ur team the more cash prize per person. Just a thought to solve that problem

Comment

I don't like the idea.

Comment

wow thats an awesome idea Strid3r.. I think we should further consider the topic

Comment

Make a massive tournament for individual wb, jav, spid etc. and base with excisting teams (or countrys, perhaps). This could be annualy or whatever, and would be great fun to be a part of and watch. Give the winners T-shirts, honours, groupies and special ships in public or something to further boost their egos. And keep the 10$ entry fee for server costs. :up:
                          Last edited by Bloody Walls; 10-09-2004, 09:18 PM.

Comment

1: Organising such tournaments take a LOT of time and thus money which last time i checked TW doesn't have a great deal of.

2: Lag is a huge problem within TW. At least compared to UT which handles the packets alot better even considering it's packets are much bigger (being 3d)

3: It needs to be properly backed by the community.. i doubt many will enter a tournament they think they cannot win, which therefore raises the dillema of proper player rankings.. I.E an arena/arenas in which it logs kill:loss ratio / personal flag captures etc in order to rank people and assign them to different difficulty boundaries... therefore only players with high ability can enter the high difficulty tournament etc etc...

These are just points that need saying some have already been said i know... don't go flaming me if you think i'm wrong lolz

i got more things for and against this but personally i think it's a lot of work and i'm unsure if our lovely admins have the time to deal with all the entrants and money etc lol

So uhh... what do the gods think?
                            lol
                            STARKITTY
                            A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

yep money is a factor but i figure its an investment. Put money into the project to start it. Then you will get a lot more out at the end.

3 groups Elite Middle class Newbs

3 categories so everyone feels they have a chance

Comment

Working...
                              X