Spider Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spider Question

'm bored at work so I thought 'd bring up something that caught my eye, at least from a strategic stand point...

In Pub 0 the other day I saw something that I hadn't ever seen before in pub( maybe I haven't been paying attention or this person was just skilled enough to catch my eye ) but I saw someone playing a spider in a very different way than I normally see. S/he were using slow and percise shots, instead of just spraying red bullets everywhere by holding down the fire button. They made the rapid fire aspect of the spider secondary, giving it an almost lancaster/warbird feel( maybe this is where they got the idea for the new lanc from? ). They took time to aim and made every shot count, I actually don't think they missed any shots at all out of 10 or so fired. They took down the enemy terr and two warbirds with ease with the slow and steady fire, while the other spiders had trouble taking down the second terr because it kept dodging their rapid spray.

So the question is, I guess, why don't more people, in pubs at least, no idea if you do this in leagues, play in this fashion when it seems to work far more effectively? Anyone on here play the slower spider version?

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
    .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Originally posted by SpiderMage
    'm bored at work so I thought 'd bring up something that caught my eye, at least from a strategic stand point...

In Pub 0 the other day I saw something that I hadn't ever seen before in pub( maybe I haven't been paying attention or this person was just skilled enough to catch my eye ) but I saw someone playing a spider in a very different way than I normally see. S/he were using slow and percise shots, instead of just spraying red bullets everywhere by holding down the fire button. They made the rapid fire aspect of the spider secondary, giving it an almost lancaster/warbird feel( maybe this is where they got the idea for the new lanc from? ). They took time to aim and made every shot count, I actually don't think they missed any shots at all out of 10 or so fired. They took down the enemy terr and two warbirds with ease with the slow and steady fire, while the other spiders had trouble taking down the second terr because it kept dodging their rapid spray.

So the question is, I guess, why don't more people, in pubs at least, no idea if you do this in leagues, play in this fashion when it seems to work far more effectively? Anyone on here play the slower spider version?
    ?go spidduel
    Originally posted by Kolar
    My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
    ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

that's how you win in a spider, spraying might work sometimes (... When you've got a few spiders backing you up) but conserving and aiming is a superior strategy for pub and basing overall. I don't know why pubbers wouldn't test it out, try changing things up (i'm assuming the person you saw was a WR or an alt nick of a baser) I guess they're more comfortable using a warbird or terrier.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderMage
        Pubs: People don't do this because it takes more mental energy. Players here just want to have fun mostly.
        Leagues: A lot of the time it's killed or be killed due to close-quarters combat. Otherwise you are known as a camper which is another thing altogether.

Most decent people will use it whenever necessary. Sometimes it has to be done (e.g. you are low on energy and can only shoot after waiting for recharge, meaning you have to make each shot count). Sometimes you'll want to do it to keep enough defense energy when doing 2v1 or more.

It is a smart way to play, but the key thing is not the quantity of the bullets you use, but the quality of the aim. So if you shoot 3-4 bullets instead of the 1 you are talking about, if they are precise enough, they'll be better than just 1 precise shot.

Sometimes the enemy is too far away to ensure 3-4 precise shots, then that is when you can play the 1 precise-shot tactic.

So there you go.

Comment

ROFL you just figured out the key to good spid tactics? (i like to call energy management)

And your name is SpiderMage? I hope your name is from the 8-legged crawly and not the ship The spray and prey is for newbs (you?) controlled 3 shot burst then a short recharge then 3 more shots can keep you firing all day long in a base situation, flying around laming in the spawn area with spid is more effective with 1 or 2 aimed shots then thrusting/ dodging like a wb will keeep you alive. Are you gunna tell us next that a cloaker seems to have more luck when fully cloaked? We need you to realize the obvious .....quickly!
          sigpic

Comment

Lunch3 uses that.
            this is a dated signature

FREE GHB, PH
            (:3=

Comment

Every leaguespider uses it, lunch just ignores a bit more bullets than the average player.
              You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by bounty*killer
                ROFL you just figured out the key to good spid tactics? (i like to call energy management)

And your name is SpiderMage? I hope your name is from the 8-legged crawly and not the ship The spray and prey is for newbs (you?) controlled 3 shot burst then a short recharge then 3 more shots can keep you firing all day long in a base situation, flying around laming in the spawn area with spid is more effective with 1 or 2 aimed shots then thrusting/ dodging like a wb will keeep you alive. Are you gunna tell us next that a cloaker seems to have more luck when fully cloaked? We need you to realize the obvious .....quickly!
                Oy idiot.. I don't play Spider, I play terrier/weasel and it's something that caught my eye. Don't be such a shit head, I usually don't see spiders conserve energy in pub, because the ones I usually see fire nonstop over the entrance to flag room when an enemy hasn't even flown high enough to be anywhere in range.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
                .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

Out in the open it is a must, unless you can land every single shot in a longer burst on the opponent.

In basing it's sometimes ineffective because it reduces the ability to push. If you push and don't shoot, your dead. If you push AND shoot, your dead but might take a few opponents with you.
                  5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                  5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                  5: Da1andonly> =((
                  5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                  5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                  5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by Bounty*Killer

Why do you have to bitch at him just cause he only just noticed? There was a time once when you didn't notice this either.. just cause someone doesn't know as much as you doesn't mean it gives you right to bitch at them...
                    Be kind and share your knowledge

Omg too much hostility nowwa days
                    STARKITTY
                    A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

<3 B*k

Comment

I am kinda harsh now-a-days heheh. Good point you have there.

ALSO <3 Goldie
                        sigpic

Comment

hehe
                          i almost thought i was just gonna get flamed back for that comment lol oh well

In the end it is nicer to help people than it is to bitch at people.. In "real" life and over the net ...
                          Wow now i sound like some sad pro-life campaigner =/ heh
                          ... but still it is good to bitch every now and then... just not over simple things like not noticing a different tactic basers use

I'm getting really paranoid now.. someone told me i use too many smileys in my posts on another forum.. do you think i do? lol
                          STARKITTY
                          A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

I like to be nice here and bitch at people in rl.. or is it the other way around.. hmm..

fu
                            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by StarKitty
                              Why do you have to bitch at him just cause he only just noticed? There was a time once when you didn't notice this either.. just cause someone doesn't know as much as you doesn't mean it gives you right to bitch at them...
                              Be kind and share your knowledge

Omg too much hostility nowwa days
                              Ok, I'll bitch at him for it. Because if you didn't notice it you're stupid. I've never gone around mindlessly spraying spider bullets. And if someone doesn't know as much as me I most certainly DO have the right to say, "Hi, I know more than you."
                              7:Randedl> afk, putting on makeup
                              1:Rough> is radiation an element?
                              8:Rasta> i see fro as bein one of those guys on campus singing to girls tryin to get in their pants $ ez
                              Broly> your voice is like a instant orgasm froe
                              Piston> I own in belim
                              6: P H> i fucked a dude in the ass once

Comment

Working...
                              X