No announcement yet.

People care too much about this game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People care too much about this game...

So often I see people post things about how other people 'care' too much about this game and community. It is a interesting position to take, telling someone that they care too much about something.
    Firstly, isn't it presumptuous to tell someone this? How can any of us tell someone else what they should and should not care about or what level the caring should be at? I restore old cars, my wife teases me about caring too much about them (she is jealous). Wouldn't anyone who looks at old cars as simply pieces of rusty old iron say something similar? But does this mean that I shouldn't care about it? If I enjoy turning a wrench, occasionally getting another person interested in the old car hobby, isn't this alone worth me caring about old cars?
    What about someone who picks up a musical instrument with little chance of every really making it profession? Do we tell them that they care too much about playing? Who the hell am I to tell someone they care too much and shouldn't care so much as to play the thing so much? If they want to pour 15 hours a day into, more power to them.
    My wife cares about astronomy, gardening, and knitting. I have little interest gardening or knitting. Occasionally she gets upset when a lot or work she has put into the gardening gets ruined by a hail storm or something, I sure as hell don't put my arm around her and tell her that she 'cares too much', it just some stupid flowers or plants. It's something that I recognize that she has put a lot of time and effort into, regardless if I think it is important enough to care about myself. Saying it's just a plant, it's or SS is just a game, or telling me one of my cars is just a hunk of old metal is inane.
    Isn't the fact that someone gets intrinsic value out of something enough for everyone else? We have to be critical of that too? And act all God-like by passing these judgments, acting like we know what people should or shouldn't care about?

I think it's the idea of sitting infront of a screen being anti-social that provokes these people.

Comment

I've already come to the conclusion that: people are dumb

Comment

Generally, the people who make those statements have lost interest in the game, or are unable to play it, and now they think that everyone should.

Comment

you are thinking too much. as the staff says at the end of a hosted event, just relax and have fun in trench wars! :up:
          thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

caring is creepy

oh look at me i am trendy and hip

Comment

people care to much about this game.... true it is one's own opinion in how much is too much. that's not what gets me going.. What pisses me off is "people that've played longer and are on better squads" or "vets" call kids that are actually trying to make it in the game noobs, newbs, new, DEA> lucky noob, go to hell, or just harrasing them period.. and what's worse is people that were "new" to ss when i started playing are doing it too. I started playing in early 99'. I just don't see why the experienced ss players talk so much shit about the new players b/c without them there would be no subspace. gg.
              Farm> jd = reason i had to buy new monitor

Comment

Originally posted by Verthanthi
                caring is creepy

oh look at me i am trendy and hip
                This new slang provokes my interest!
                Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
                i just wish it was longer
                Originally posted by Cops
                it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

Mortal you registered for these forums just so you could put that quote in your signature before i could, didn't you!?!?!

That's it, you care too much, axed!

Comment

hey eph

what's up bud?
                    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

People who say "you care too much" in a negative way( your wife's teasing is just teasing ) are blindly trying to grasp for insults. So fucking what if people spend 12+ hours on this game or any other video game or anything for that matter, if it's important enough to spend 12+ hours on, it must mean something to the person, unless they are truly downright bored. But people who attempt to put you down on this game, with the ez and lame and newb and all that pathetic bullshit are stupid and need to be shot, or at the very least, really need to lighten up. I laugh at the people who think they are all big and bad for making a kill in the game, whoopie you killed me, want a cookie?

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
                      .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

Double post, sorry, read below.
                        Last edited by Voth; 11-01-2004, 08:25 PM.
                        7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                        Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                        TWLJ Champion Season 11
                        TWLB All-Star Season 10
                        Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Ephemeral,

Stop making this game into more than it should be. Reality is, it is just a game, and many people enjoy it, yes. I don't really understand the point of this thread, because obviously you care enough about the people that play this game to take up your time composing a thread about them. I don't mean to be harsh, but if you have a wife and family, I wouldn't be playing this game as much as you do, if at all. So my question to you is: Why did you compose this thread? Why did you take up space on the TW Forums for a worthless mosh of words that convey no message? What exactly are you saying? Good lord, sometimes I think people make useless threads for the fun of it.
                          7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                          Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                          TWLJ Champion Season 11
                          TWLB All-Star Season 10
                          Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

meh this game is my life, i have nothing else to do with my time
                            Big Chill

Comment

I got cross country, basketball, track, community service, homework, and a little bit of socialize time

Your life must suck aos

Comment

Working...
                              X