X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=15284
    http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=14592

The links in these threads probably have something to do with the influx of no-name assclowns. So stop fucking voting. I can't even go into a pub, which is supposed to be a relaxed arena, and sit for two minutes without some fuckhole like Omikroni spewing some "ez" bullshit. The secret of TW is already out; let's at least try to fucking preserve some of our dignity by ceasing to invite these dickweeds to ruin the game we know and love.
    Originally posted by Tone
    It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
    Originally posted by the_paul
    Gargle battery acid fuckface
    Originally posted by Material Girl
    I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

you bring up a good point pure hatred, albeit indirectly

i've always wondered how new blood finds its way to our little niche in the online gaming world. i realize we're a community that grows via word of mouth and solely via word of mouth, so i'd like to tell whoever's inviting these shitty new people to stuff a sock in it.

still though, how the hell do people find this game? i remember finding it on a list of, at the time, "hot" online games at UGO (does that site still even exist?)
      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Generations come and go and this one that has come just sucks the big one that's all.
        it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Perhaps it isn't the game that changed (in essence, the people that play it), maybe it's you? You aren't 16 years old anymore, so not only does this mean that your knowledge and wit may not be on the same level as theirs, but also those that are on your level have mostly passed on. I mean, when you played this game back when you were 16, you could relate to others because they were your age but since then it's gone downhill for you because the basic age demographic is under 16 for subspace. Therefore, there isn't really anything you can do to fix it, and by thinking about it, you're only making it worse (because nostalgia's a bitch).
          Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
          i just wish it was longer
          Originally posted by Cops
          it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

I partially agree, but Jason...don't you think you are generalizing new players a bit too much? Sure theres asshole newbies, but in my experience (newbies tend to talk to ERs alot as you probably know) a lot of them are actually quite nice. And it's not like we don't have 'veteran' assholes either is it? DEA, Eeks, Ruby I could go on.
            EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
            cool koen> :)
            PRiMORDiAL> pfft
            cool koen> not because of a bug
            EvoLd> Lol
            Treachery> meh
            EvoLd> why then?
            PubAceR> women in power dont last
            EvoLd> LOl
            toaster oven reviews

Comment

I'd like to know where I can fill out the forms and apply to become one of these no-name asshole newbie people. It's only a change upward in status, and it sounds like a happening crowd.
              "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

i thought of that cy

that's not my problem, although i can't speak for others and it does make sense logically

dim, i don't like ass smooching either, or cutesy shit like "HANDS SOME DUMB MOTHERFUCKER A COOKIE", which is all you get with the newer players outside of the ez'ing and pwnd'ing

i'm crying myself a river and drowning it

throw me a fricken bone here
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

you were born groovy, leon B)
                  jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

I'd just like to point out that anyone playing this game and actually gets a rise out of being a complete idiot is either a nobody IRL or between the ages of 10 to 12.

And btw i agree that, new players just dont know their place. And some of the older ones as well.

Its a matter of just taking a more relaxed view. Why get stressed over this game?
                    "I call upon all nations to do everything they can to stop these terrorist killers. Thank you. Now watch this drive"

George W. Bush, POTUS

Comment

I have never had this problem. When I enter the game I never 'expect' anything really. I don't recognize a lot of the regular players but I don't see how that isn't to be expected. It's just pure 'look at me I'm vet' bitching you got here. Yes they may say l33t-speak insults but this is a game, kids play games and kids will be kids.

Everyone seems to want to whine about something, be it 5-spider basing, this, staffing, or whatever. I don't know how I do it but I just manage to have fun, everytime. But when I don't have fun I just ESC Q. This doesn't help your situation and I see where you're coming from Jason, but this I feel is just my relevant opinion.

Comment

I think that what Jason points out is the goal of the staff of the zone, get new people in. It might not sound like a good thing, but your old friends that played with you 6 years ago will disappear. And that you recognise less and less players only proves that the zone would have died if it wasn't for the new people.
                        In elim and other it doesn't matter how new players are really. They are just nice cannonfodder for the people eager to get an assload of kills and their verbal abuse is easily ignored.
                        In base on the other hand it's harder, because you have to play together with these guys. A load of these players won't accept the fact that you played an assload of games and will rant you for telling them they do something wrong, but there are also enough talented people without the attitude.
                        You ate some priest porridge

Comment

elim and the use of "l33t-talk" ..

funny, after having had a two years break from the game.. now coming back and trying out elim again it feels more like its the more experienced elim-players that complain/whine ( /QQ!) when they get killed by someone they dont know/respect.

the other day 2 out of 3 kills resulted in a comment about my skills, not their own. No one else around visible on radar and yet they get "newbed".

Could it be that the new players learn from the old ones?

I have been playing some in the public areas and it is sad to see the excessive use of "ez" "newb" etc.. however these terms have been around for as long as I've been playing (granted I didnt play beta, but I did play when it was payware...). They just appear to be more widely used now than before.

oh and is "gg" a bad thing now? I only use it when I've actually had a good duel vs. someone, I guess I need to find something else to type not to be misunderstood.

please no "who are you?" replies. It doesn't matter.
                          -sjetil

Comment

I'm new (playing 1 year now)
                            When i play base games, (I'm not bad at spidering) I get quite upset if someone lags harder than I.
                            I might whine and call him newb or laggot, it's just something I can't help.
                            In TWBDs I hardly whine tho, i do get whined at alot in TWBD.

The bad attitude of newer players really gets caused by older vets. When you guys started there basicly was no one to call you newbie.
                            But yeah, newer players are immature too, older players got mature.

On a side note: don't bother these comments, I wasn't there when TW was 'better', I like tw as it is, eventhough it might suck
                            Cig Smoke> He spelled since "sinse" LOOOl

YTRE> i wish newbs likes you who think they are vet like hazuki wouldn,t talk like necro

Comment

you're super-chill-out-never-get-angry-man, nockm

i'm not :<

the zone has last it's flavor and my love of the game is starting to waiver (it was time for a rhyme... or two)

that's that

but i don't want that to be that. i just don't know what to do or where to go from here. and i probably don't know because there really isn't much to do but accept what's what and move on.

zerz, it's great that our game is hanging in there, but at what cost? i'd rather it go out in a flash of glory than live on with an ever-increasing amount of shittiness. i'm just one tiny voice in the crowd though. i should just stop playing the damn thing, but we all know how hard it is to do that. rock and a hard place dudes, and so it goes!
                              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

oh, and yeah, i think i put too much focus on the ez/gg/newb stuff. what bothers me far more is the fact that the new guys seem to have little to no personality. they're a bland crew. where are the CoL's? the annux's? the digitalwave's? i'll put up with the other shit if only we had more cool dudes to replace the old cool dudes who've left. (fuck you WoW. you keep snatching people right out of their spaceships.)
                                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X