Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long can we go without having anyone retire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long can we go without having anyone retire?

Ok, were going to have a contest to see how long we can go without having anyone retire. So if you sick of TW or you think you need a break, or your getting a social life now or something don't leave. Or atleast dont post. So here it goes. One day. :turned: Gosh I'm bored
    -Bubbles
    Phillie> lag isnt skill btw F-35
    Kthx> yes it is, newbie.

I'm retiring. Goodbye everyone.
    3:PEGASiS> double u tee ef?
    3:Spirit> ar oh ef el

MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis if I catch you hiding again I will ban you -Da Farmer!
    MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis, If you do not stop killing your own team <yellow ships on radar> You will be banned from this zone!! Thank you. -YoMama!!!

Hal Wilker> hal likes pegasis to cumshot in his eye.

Comment

I'm back. Decided real life is just not as exciting as I hoped it would be.

MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis if I catch you hiding again I will ban you -Da Farmer!
      MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis, If you do not stop killing your own team <yellow ships on radar> You will be banned from this zone!! Thank you. -YoMama!!!

Comment

Can some1 actually give me a good definition of retiring?

Comment

Noone ever does, they only imagine a utopian universe where there is no Subspace.
          DELETED

Comment

It's when you notify Trench Wars staff that you will no longer be using the server, and submit a request for the disbursement of your 401k / pension plan. The staff of Trench Wars will then send check to the bank twice a month in the form of a direct deposit, and you will live off of this fixed income for the rest of your life.

Seriously though... It means you have all intentions of leaving the game and not coming back. But statistically... that's impossible. No one has ever left. Every person who has ever retired on the forums (save for those being dispatched by the military) has come back (and often they come back too soon). No one leaves this game. Ever. Even if you are sent overseas on military duty, you will come back.

As long as Trench Wars is up, no one will ever retire.

Comment

It is quite nice to come back to when youre bored :turned:

Comment

Originally posted by PEGASiS
                It's when you notify Trench Wars staff that you will no longer be using the server, and submit a request for the disbursement of your 401k / pension plan. The staff of Trench Wars will then send check to the bank twice a month in the form of a direct deposit, and you will live off of this fixed income for the rest of your life.

Seriously though... It means you have all intentions of leaving the game and not coming back. But statistically... that's impossible. No one has ever left. Every person who has ever retired on the forums (save for those being dispatched by the military) has come back (and often they come back too soon). No one leaves this game. Ever. Even if you are sent overseas on military duty, you will come back.

As long as Trench Wars is up, no one will ever retire.
                Sorry for breaking my 999 posts and going up to the 4-digits

But I have a question. If no one leaves trenchwars, err, actually retiring, then why do people say it was better when the cooler people were here. That might not make sence, http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=15288 Thats the thread about "Our zone is at an all-time level of suck" They say that they don't recognize any1 because all the good people retired.

Comment

Those people just play less. Maybe even rarely. But they're not gone.

Comment

I'll bet you that a lot of them also have other circumstances that doesn't allow time for ss(Like starting a family for instance)

Comment

Originally posted by Gemfire
                      I'll bet you that a lot of them also have other circumstances that doesn't allow time for ss(Like starting a family for instance)
                      I can honestly say that I have never seen a "I'm retiring to start a family" thread. Fact is, I think most people start these when they buy a new game or something like that. I don't think anyone who has real life circumstances starts one of these threads. I think those people just slowly fade out of the game... I base this on my own playing patterns. I've had things come up before, and I've taken breaks (my longest was about 3 months). If this break had come about because of new family responsibilities, I probably wouldn't have come back to play as often as I do, and in no case would I have started a "retirement" thread before I left.

Comment

Maddawgtress basically did, like within the last month?
                        DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by PEGASiS
                          Those people just play less. Maybe even rarely. But they're not gone.

Or get banned :whistling
                          Greets,
                          Roger

Comment

lol, 'or you're getting a social life'
                            EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                            cool koen> :)
                            PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                            cool koen> not because of a bug
                            EvoLd> Lol
                            Treachery> meh
                            EvoLd> why then?
                            PubAceR> women in power dont last
                            EvoLd> LOl
                            toaster oven reviews

Comment

Thats the one I dont understand. I think it is possible to have a social life and play lots and lots and lots of SS. I do it. B)
                              -Bubbles
                              Phillie> lag isnt skill btw F-35
                              Kthx> yes it is, newbie.

Comment

Working...
                              X