Pub is impossible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pub is impossible

Pub is full of egos that are pre-pubescent, newbish, and immature. You walk in there with a warbird and kill a guy, he calls you lame or something. He kills you, and goes on about it for minutes about how good he is. It's full of: 'Ez, noob, u suck, my dick is larger!'. Suddenly, killing a warbird iwth a burst is considered lame and noobish, and killing someone while they are recharging is lame. What is with this new generation, everyones so immature and trying to start up fights. 10x worse then elim.

Well, if everyone had their way, it'll be played something close to what is .... like any battle with the British army pre-revolutionary war period.

Everyone sits in formed lines, facing eachother, and firing at eachother, and then watching everyone die, reload and fire again until 1 side stands.

But then, it probably will still be fucked up somehow.
    DELETED

Comment

I find it hard to believe that it's worse than elim. That's like saying more anti-semitic than Hitler.
      The pleasure's all mine.

Comment

It's pretty bad, lol.
        DELETED

Comment

I got ur solution. ?nopubchat :turned: Personally, I enjoy a little argument over who eats more and such every now and then but for when I dont...
          -Bubbles
          Phillie> lag isnt skill btw F-35
          Kthx> yes it is, newbie.

Comment

?nopubchat and ?ignore are a pubber's two best friends. I always suit up before entering pub. For elim, it's too much trouble and I usually just do ?lines=0 or 1.
            5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
            5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
            5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

just ignore it. i actually like defending myself against people who call me new, i like the rivalry it starts. when you argue with someone and then you see them later on, everything else gets put aside and the main objective becomes killing each other, but in a way that doesnt show that you are obviously going out of your way to kill them. im sure you know what i mean.
              Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
              apt>yes u can wtf
              apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
              apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
              apt>so i dont miss the toilet
              Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
              apt>na
              apt>ill show you pictures
              apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

I think people are forgetting what kind of people play this game in general, especially pub. No, it's not adults... it's... _____________ <-- insert revelation here

Comment

The world is full of stupid people... and ever since the invention of the internet and online games, the stupid people seem to flock and florish. Just look at AOL. However, it's strange, out of all the online games I have played, from Yahoo games to FFXI, Ragnarok Online, Tribes,Halo 2, CS and Diablo II, Continuum is the only one that I have seen at this level of stupidity. I have no idea why it is, but it seems that there is almost 5x more of the bullshit about newbs and stuff in this game. Incidently, I don't think I had ever heard/seen "ez" or "luck stray" until I came here.

No one uses common sense when playing the game, well I shouldn't say no one, there are intelligent people playing. But seriously, what in the name of fuck does lag have to do with someone being new? And how in the hell can you call someone a newb when you get killed by a stray bullet?

Online game players really boggle the mind, I sincerely hope no future world leaders are playing them, 'd hate to see our like 80th president look over at the losers and go "HA HA PWNED NEWB!!!111one!!111"

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
                  .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

That's it, I'm hosting a round of 'Revoutionary War' one day...
                    DELETED

Comment

I only say "newb, newblet" once or twice a day (if not at all!) , I may say "wtf or omg" once a day (if not at all).

When I play Tribes:vengeance I toss out more trash, since the taunts are so funny. Voice commands are hilirous!

I like this combo =>
                      "How did that feel?"
                      "Loser!"
                      "That's right!"

The best taunt is ( I don't know with what voice setting, every voice have different ways of saying them )

Anyway it goes like this "*person yawns* Ohh sorry, were you shoting?".
                      Or an other one "Where's your head..? Eww, don't tell me!"
                      Endless space, endless exploration.

Comment

Originally posted by Send
                        Pub is full of egos that are pre-pubescent, newbish, and immature. You walk in there with a warbird and kill a guy, he calls you lame or something. He kills you, and goes on about it for minutes about how good he is. It's full of: 'Ez, noob, u suck, my dick is larger!'. Suddenly, killing a warbird iwth a burst is considered lame and noobish, and killing someone while they are recharging is lame. What is with this new generation, everyones so immature and trying to start up fights. 10x worse then elim.

true.
                        Originally posted by Kolar
                        My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
                        ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Originally posted by 1ight
                          I only say "newb, newblet" once or twice a day (if not at all!) , I may say "wtf or omg" once a day (if not at all).

When I play Tribes:vengeance I toss out more trash, since the taunts are so funny. Voice commands are hilirous!

I like this combo =>
                          "How did that feel?"
                          "Loser!"
                          "That's right!"

The best taunt is ( I don't know with what voice setting, every voice have different ways of saying them )

Anyway it goes like this "*person yawns* Ohh sorry, were you shoting?".
                          Or an other one "Where's your head..? Eww, don't tell me!"
                          The difference between Tribes: Vengeance trash and Continuum trash is, Tribes has those cool little character animations when you do the voice commands, so it makes it actually cool. Nothin like having a female light armor shaking her ass at you and tapping it with her gun when she insults you

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
                          .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderMage
                            ...However, it's strange, out of all the online games I have played, from Yahoo games to FFXI, Ragnarok Online, Tribes,Halo 2, CS and Diablo II, Continuum is the only one that I have seen at this level of stupidity. I have no idea why it is, but it seems that there is almost 5x more of the bullshit about newbs and stuff in this game. Incidently, I don't think I had ever heard/seen "ez" or "luck stray" until I came here...

there is a simple reason why this happens. In a Diablo II game you have to do like 10 things at the same time. its a constant click click click game. whenever you type an enhanced monster comes to beat u up. however subspace is a click, wait 3 seconds to respawn, click, wait 4 seconds to reload, click and move backwards than get shot and wait 3 seconds again game. now you cant just wait and let those seconds go waste.

i say you sit at least 10% of the time in spec, unless u play like a retard and or terr. however a player that uses those 10% to show dominace over some1 else is 10% better than him. the only way you can do that is the chart window. i am sure if it would be possible to launch a bullet at his killer from spec no1 would ever talk again after he dies.

Comment

Fuck you it was the Roman's who perfected the whole "standing still and let them run at us" thing, we were just better than them at it eventually
                              Originally posted by Facetious
                              edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Working...
                              X