Do any of you play in window mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
    I get a lot of links from chat. With windowed mode I can't copy/paste from chat. Fullscreen is better.
    I play windowed, and you can make that alt+tab chat appear when you play windowed too, by minimalizing the window, and prob changing something in your options, so your argument is out the window buddy :P.

I like playing windowed because I do so much other stuff in windows while I am online, and many people coming in and out msn, it just soo much easier then constantly alt+tabbing. Besides I can see way easier who comes on msn then when I am fullscreen. Only downside is those damn msn windows popping up over my radar. But I love windowed, for me it's way easier.

Edit: didn't see jerome gave the answer already too, his posts are just annoying to read, so I mainly just skip them
    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

how do you do it?
      audit> and btw, im your fan!

DeeZ NuTs> time to own
      DeeZ NuTs> got my fedex hat on
      Azreal> LOloL
      cook> ROFL

R.I.P VENOM

Comment

Open Continuum, go up to Resolution, select windowed. Or something very similar to that.
        Save a tree; eat a beaver

1:Mefesto> king let me say you something
        1:Mefesto> you are a soon of a biatch with retarded face like nostra damus and you got a hump on your dick

WHY TALK SHIT WHEN YOU ALREADY MAKE IT?!

Comment

no I mean, how do you have the chat when you minimize?

DeeZ NuTs> time to own
          Azreal> LOloL
          cook> ROFL

R.I.P VENOM

Comment

Oh, then I mean it's magic.

When you alt+tab from full screen it comes up by itself. Or at least it should... if it doesn't then you're s.o.l. Don't have chat in windowed.
            Save a tree; eat a beaver

1:Mefesto> king let me say you something
            1:Mefesto> you are a soon of a biatch with retarded face like nostra damus and you got a hump on your dick

WHY TALK SHIT WHEN YOU ALREADY MAKE IT?!

Comment

erm, 2 people have said that you can open up the chat box in window mode. Im not asking about regular full screen alt+tab.. Anyways, I'll ask again. How do you get the chat box when youre in window mode?

DeeZ NuTs> time to own
              Azreal> LOloL
              cook> ROFL

R.I.P VENOM

Comment

I use windowed mode because it's much, much better. Who doesn't like to chat on Aim while watching a basing game? eh?

Cook:
                Go into the options menu.
                Click on Chat.
                Go to the Chat window option and pull it down to "always show"
                Last edited by Heatha; 12-27-2004, 04:33 PM.
                ()_()
                (0.o)
                (")(")

Comment

I was about to say that, thanks heatha

Edit: I don't like to chat in aim.. BECAUSE AIM SUCKS! those stupis aim smilies are driving me frikken crazy.. msn is way better.
                  Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Heatha
                    Cook:
                    Go into the options menu.
                    Click on Chat.
                    Go to the Chat window option and pull it down to "always show"

Appreciated heatha, ty very much.

DeeZ NuTs> time to own
                    Azreal> LOloL
                    cook> ROFL

R.I.P VENOM

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo
                      I was about to say that, thanks heatha

Edit: I don't like to chat in aim.. BECAUSE AIM SUCKS! those stupis aim smilies are driving me frikken crazy.. msn is way better.
                      I used to be an MSN addict, but then I found out that less of my friends have AIM and more have MSN. I made the switch 3 or 4 years ago and haven't turned back.
                      -winipcfg

HAY GUYS

Comment

i play on regular mode in one of my parents house, i like clicking links and alt+tabbing just to chat. at my other parents house for some reason full screen doesn't work so i play in windowed mode (anybody know why? the bottom about 3/4 of the screen just flicker between all black and what should be showing). personally i like full screen mode better but windowed doesn't effect my playing imo
                        Gun remembers.

Comment

in windowed mode u cant minimize and still show the chat. unless u have subchat, which no one i know uses. i need it to minimize and show chat because of unexpected visits from mis padres.
                          thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Originally posted by Edify
                            in windowed mode u cant minimize and still show the chat. unless u have subchat, which no one i know uses. i need it to minimize and show chat because of unexpected visits from mis padres.
                            please read above, it will help you refrain from what you just did.

DeeZ NuTs> time to own
                            Azreal> LOloL
                            cook> ROFL

R.I.P VENOM

Comment

Originally posted by winipcfg
                              I used to be an MSN addict, but then I found out that less of my friends have AIM and more have MSN. I made the switch 3 or 4 years ago and haven't turned back.
                              K, MORE of your friends have MSN, and LESS have AIM, could be me, but why would you then switch from MSN to AIM?

Comment

I've played in windowed mode for the last 2 years. Don't even remember the last time I played full screen (excluding when I install cont on another computer and forget to tick off 'windowed').

I find it better, because 1280x960 wasn't an option on my cont for a while, and I didn't like playing not in 4:3 ratio (1280x1024 things are slightly skewed). Also I used to have 1600x1200 res, and it was nice to have Trillian (ICQ/MSN) on the side while playing SS. Besides, it's easier to 'tab out' and chat and browse the net and stuff. Makes things hard when I need to type out links, but the chat window appearing is too annoying, so I just bare with it
                                Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                                www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                                www.animeslice.com

Comment

Working...
                                X