Do any of you play in window mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Epinephrine
    I find it better, because 1280x960 wasn't an option on my cont for a while, and I didn't like playing not in 4:3 ratio (1280x1024 things are slightly skewed).
    Thank you a shitload, I've tried for hours and hours to explain that a circle isn't a circle when using max res in TW but they don't believe me

O and I posted in here already about the fact that you can have a separate chat window in windowed mode also and something else too but I forgot.
    5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
    5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
    5: Da1andonly> =((
    5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
    5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
    5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi
      Thank you a shitload, I've tried for hours and hours to explain that a circle isn't a circle when using max res in TW but they don't believe me

O and I posted in here already about the fact that you can have a separate chat window in windowed mode also and something else too but I forgot.
      Yah I know you can turn it on, it's just annoying for me for it to pop up whenever I minimize Cont in windowed mode

And yeah, stuff isn't correct in full res, makes it hard to aim.
      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
      www.animeslice.com

Comment

Fullscreen. 1024-768. LagCheat.exe. Yep that's it.

Comment

I am trying out Windowed mode now... see how I like it. I had no idea you could use the chat window in fullscreen.
          sdg

Comment

Windowed mode is really handy for people who are online alot and also do alot of stuff in windows next to it, or even during it.
            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Damn i didn't know about enabling chat for windowed mode, sweeet.
              ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
              Failure teaches success.
              . â–²
              ▲ ▲

Comment

I never played windowed always fs
                help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

I always play windowed mode, everything is just so much more accessible on my desktop n' stuff.
                  Originally posted by turmio
                  jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                  Originally posted by grand
                  I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Agreed. This is a great thread-I'm a convert to windowed-mode from now on. It's just so much more handy to be able to tab in and out of the game/chat/whatever instantly, or watch the game and so something else at the same time. Thanks for the info Galleleo.
                    sdg

Comment

So, you guys accually PLAY in windowed? Or do you just chat with people in windowed?

I just tried playing in pub in windowed, and it was a no-go, resolution is way too small for that shit.

Not sure how somone could possibly play like that, of course, im used to playing w/ TWs max res.
                      k8> (both my dad's are gay :( )

Comment

there shouldn't be much off a difference in resolution when playing windowed or full screen, I mean windowed only means you lose like an inch (I think less even, not really at home in english measures) at side and bottom, atleast that with me and my 15 inch screen, resolution stays the same with me, ok my playing field is a wee bit smaller, but thats to be neglected.
                        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Roggan, if you play in 1280x1024 windowed, it is no different than fullscreen. The window is slightly smaller, but you can see no less of the action than in fullscreen. Actually in fullscreen, like mentioned earlier in this thread, the picture is stretched slightly to make it fill the entire screen.

Yeah, I play in windowed mode. If it's a serious game, I just make the taskbar go away so it's doesn't bother me. It's not much different.

There has been one small problem, though. In windowed mode, if you hit any of the special Windows keys on a keyboard, it will popup infront of the game or minimize it. I'm sure there is a way to disable those keys, though, and I rarely ever use them anyway.
                          sdg

Comment

You shouldn't be hitting them in the first place :P

Comment

I would play in window mode if my monitor/graphics card wouldn't support fullscreen mode. But sadly I can play in fullscreeb mode.
                              Endless space, endless exploration.

Comment

I only play in window mode if i'm recording something (because it's the only way I can do it ) Other than that I can't stand doing it and play full screen.
                                Mmmmrrrrrow meow meeeeowww mew meow. ~swishes tails~ =^.^=

Comment

Working...
                                X