Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay I'm getting a little concerned / annoyed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deluxe host
    100mb
    300gb bandwith
    free mysql, php

nuff said.
    thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

I have an idea, why don't you buy three or four of them, use all 300 gb on each, and see what he says. :P

Bandwidth doesn't go on trees, and neither does server resources. What you have there is called overselling, and people do that because people are dumb enough to believe they will actually get what they are promised. And of course service quality is pretty low, because they don't usually take it seriously.

Go ahead and ask them, "If I buy four of them to host my large site do you mind?" Of course he'd only be losing money becuse the server he has is now useless.

Not everyone deserves to be a web host out there. It takes a lot more than just a commodity webserver and a cpanel license to run a serious web hosting business.
      Last edited by DoCk>; 01-04-2005, 10:26 AM.
      TWSites.com - TWSites.com Web Hosting Services
      qan> dock's raw animal magnetism and sheer ability to reboot bot cores inspires lust in all genders :P
      3:wadi> no yawning on the internet.

Comment

Thanks DoCk> if it's out of your hands then thats fine. And I actually wanted to help the TW Server Fund by buying this hosting that's why I didn't go elsewhere Rab.
        EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
        cool koen> :)
        PRiMORDiAL> pfft
        cool koen> not because of a bug
        EvoLd> Lol
        Treachery> meh
        EvoLd> why then?
        PubAceR> women in power dont last
        EvoLd> LOl
        toaster oven reviews

Comment

Same here, and I can bitch directly at the CEO when the sites are down
          Originally posted by Facetious
          edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

yea thats one good thing about haveing twsites is u get "free live help chat" or "SS and pming dock" :P

maby u could do that for people that have the hosting and dont play tw? like

"Buy this hosting and get this free live chat software to get help if needed and there is a game on it that you can play while u wait"
            Cat: You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? 'Hey man. You threw the stick, you go and get it yourself, I'm busy. If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?'

Comment

Got a response from ThePlanet engineering:

Here's the RFO:
              RFO 1/3/05 car11-X outage

Summary:
              On Jan 3 2005 at approximately 10:30am CDT Planet engineers in order to
              mitigate issues being caused by HSRP flapping removed the redundant router
              from the path. This caused Total Control customers who are routed through
              CAR11-1.DLLSTX2 or CAR11-2.DLLSTX2 to experienced degraded performance and
              connectivity loss. The situation stabilized for all connected customers by
              11:30am. Planet engineers will be bringing the redundant router back online
              in a few days during a scheduled outage to be announced.

Future Mitigation:
              We are migrating this pair to multi-spanning tree to reduce the chance of an
              outage like this recurring.

----

Quite honestly I have no idea what they're talking about, but it sounds good. It looks like there was an hour of downtime, and that means a 10% refund, so that makes dock happy.
              qan> dock's raw animal magnetism and sheer ability to reboot bot cores inspires lust in all genders :P

Comment

Originally posted by Bigyin
                yea thats one good thing about haveing twsites is u get "free live help chat" or "SS and pming dock" :P

maby u could do that for people that have the hosting and dont play tw? like

"Buy this hosting and get this free live chat software to get help if needed and there is a game on it that you can play while u wait"
                lol :P

Some TWSites customers get to have me on their AIM, hint hint.

Comment

ooo some customers pfft im not good enuf pfft, AIM sucks anyway :P msn is better :P
                  Cat: You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? 'Hey man. You threw the stick, you go and get it yourself, I'm busy. If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?'

Comment

Originally posted by DoCk>
                    Got a response from ThePlanet engineering:

and that means a 10% refund, so that makes dock happy.
                    do we get a 10% refund too? only fare if u get a refund for downtime we get the same

Comment

A 10% refund would come out to 50 pence in your case. If you really want it I'll send it to you but I'm not sure if it's worth your time.

Comment

Wait? Did DoCk> just say he didn't understand something to do with computers?
                        EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                        cool koen> :)
                        PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                        cool koen> not because of a bug
                        EvoLd> Lol
                        Treachery> meh
                        EvoLd> why then?
                        PubAceR> women in power dont last
                        EvoLd> LOl
                        toaster oven reviews

Comment

Originally posted by DoCk>
                          I have an idea, why don't you buy three or four of them, use all 300 gb on each, and see what he says. :P

Bandwidth doesn't go on trees, and neither does server resources. What you have there is called overselling, and people do that because people are dumb enough to believe they will actually get what they are promised. And of course service quality is pretty low, because they don't usually take it seriously.

Go ahead and ask them, "If I buy four of them to host my large site do you mind?" Of course he'd only be losing money becuse the server he has is now useless.

Not everyone deserves to be a web host out there. It takes a lot more than just a commodity webserver and a cpanel license to run a serious web hosting business.
                          ah.

i didn't mention the extensive terms of service that the creator of dhost made that must be followed or site would be deleted.

- your site must be in a european language (e.g. english, german, french, spanish...)
                          - you must update your site regulary (inactive sites will be deleted! less than 1 hit/week)
                          - No adult content allowed!
                          - massive hotlinking is not allowed!
                          - your page coming from the index, must have a relation to the rest of the files
                          - Pure downloadsites are prohibited!
                          - You're allowed to have downloads on your website, but the website must have real content!
                          - DeluXe Host reserves the right to delete any page it deems unacceptable for any reason without prior notice.
                          - DeluXe Host makes no guarantee as to the availability of service.

also, what would u expect from a free service? people just use it for forums anyway.
                          thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Hey DoCk>, 116-117 coming on thursday =) be ready!

Comment

Working...
                            X