I like how..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by za gophar
    hey spidermage, you read a thread about someone whining about weasels, suck it up. if you dont like it, dont use these forums.
    Apparently you can't read. I read your bitching about Weasels, just like everyone else's bitching, muled it over for half a second, "sucked it up" and told you to stop bitching. So where, in any of my posts, was I whining?

Bottom line, stop complaining about Weasels, they are fine, if you get killed by them, too bad, so sad, boo hoo, cry me a river and get fucking over it.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
    .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

hey spidermage you run into people who cant read, suck it up. if you dont like it, dont use these forums.
      Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
      apt>yes u can wtf
      apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
      apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
      apt>so i dont miss the toilet
      Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
      apt>na
      apt>ill show you pictures
      apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
        Maybe people are trying to improve the zone. Maybe this isn't bitching, maybe we should stop anylizing view points and considering each word that ZA and others posts. Anyone who wants to make the zone better is only met with idiots like you who would rather without reason just say "just leave it, it works fine, go play DSB or MG!!". If you have an idea, a seperate opinion then fucking go with it but don't drone it up here. I'm getting tired of these threads but not for the same reasons you guys would be. Nothing is being done here, no one is focusing on the issues or trying to present their opinions.
        thank you, i appreciate that.
        apt>yes u can wtf
        apt>na

Comment

Originally posted by za gophar
          hey spidermage you run into people who cant read, suck it up. if you dont like it, dont use these forums.
          For one, kindly stop acting like a child.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
          .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
            Maybe people are trying to improve the zone. Maybe this isn't bitching, maybe we should stop anylizing view points and considering each word that ZA and others posts. Anyone who wants to make the zone better is only met with idiots like you who would rather without reason just say "just leave it, it works fine, go play DSB or MG!!". If you have an idea, a seperate opinion then fucking go with it but don't drone it up here. I'm getting tired of these threads but not for the same reasons you guys would be. Nothing is being done here, no one is focusing on the issues or trying to present their opinions.
            You don't really read a lot of my posts. 'm all up for changes, evolution of the game to make it better is all gravy to me, so kindly don't infer that all I want is the status quo. If all I wanted was status quo, 'd be like the people who want Weasels banned from ?go base because it "disrupts" their precious cramming.

There have been people who have made valid points and opinions about Weasels, how they could be balanced out, though I believe balance is already their's. Also, 've never told anyone to go to a different zone, I say if they can't suck it up and play, then they should leave. There are dozens, hundreds, if not thousands of players that play Continuum everyday, who get killed by Weasels, spawned, strayed, "lamed", camped, sniped, etc etc and don't breathe a word of it, they don't complain, they just play the game and realize that sometimes you die in ways you don't wish to.

If 'm coming off as a prick or jerk 'm sorry, but patience for the samething over and over and over and OVER has waned thin. That coupled with the fact he used the spawn zone as an example. If you stay in spawn, you deserve to die in whichever way an enemy player sees fit. The pubs have a flag for a reason, if you hunt spawn zones, while a very valid move in terms of offense, it's common sense that sooner or later someone will take you out, be it in a Jav or the stealthy Weasel. What he DIDN'T do was make any valid arguements for change. He said simply, "take away stealth or something". That's not trying to get the zone changed, that's not trying to better the zone, that's on the level of saying to Spiders "why do you get to have rapid fire?". Weasels over years of this game have been built to be one thing, an assassin. Weasels were made more powerful yes, but if you look back to before the change, they were weak as hell. Before the change, not including Levis, no one ship ever had total dominance over another except for Terrs over Weasels. If a Terr saw you before the changes, you were basically a dead ship. Now with the changes a Weasel can take a Terr and there is no more full one sided dominance. In the process Weasel has now become a more effective killer yet is still not in any of the other ship's league in terms of killing power.

But here is perhaps a valid point ZA could have made:

A lot of people have said make cloak drain energy. This would be a good idea except it really takes away what the Weasel is meant to do, UNLESS, you did it in this way, taking a page from Halo 2. As the Arbiter, you can cloak. Slowly it drains your energy and if you get hit or fire, you decloak and can't recloak again until you have full energy. That would make it so, hit or miss, the Weasel would be open to attack from anyone, and if it happened to get hit when going for a kill, it would be open for anyone. This inturn could bring out a different strategy for Weasels, instead of cloak, shoot, recloak and run.

.Halo.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim
              How about getting inside base and fight for flagroom instead of hanging around in spawn? EH? EH? Thought so.
              haha.... too much talking shit about weasels....
              I'll have to agree with Za that the weasel is LAME, ESPECIALLY when some dude loves to lame you and ONLY kill you as the target...... that is just ... gay
              but taking stealth away from them is just horrible.... UNLESS you give them a faster recharge time and more energy cuz right now a lan bullet can kill a weasel in 1 shot.... stealth / cloak is the only "defense" they have against non-radar'ed ships....

Maybe make a.... ArilouBot or something... for a 3rd PurePub (Priv freq disabled, levi disabled, weasels disabled.) It'll be nice, dont you think so ? :P hehe
              AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderMage
                'm all up for changes, evolution of the game to make it better is all gravy to me,
                Originally posted by SpiderMage
                stop complaining about Weasels, they are fine, if you get killed by them, too bad, so sad, boo hoo, cry me a river and get fucking over it.
                I hate going over this again kids but attack his opinion not his right to say it here. You're for change but you're against modifying a unbalanaced ship because it never rivaled effect and sound tactical defense in ?go base and on more then one occasion disrupted games. If you think ZA's ideas suck tell him to Shut the fuck up and move on, give us what you think about the entire situation. If you only address his posts then you'll be contributing nothing.

Take the one hit kill away from the weasel and they'll still be effective in public. This does not change the problem for ?go base but reverting the size (changing the map seems a bit extreme for such an annoying and useless ship anyways) and maybe changing the settings there to make it either an effective and balanced bomber or an effective support ship, I dont see the speed changing so a fighter class/dueler wouldn't be right for it. Problem solved.
                Last edited by Kolar; 01-14-2005, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Why??????

Why was the size of the weasel reduced?! Just make them big again and it will stop a lot of the bitching and, in my opinion, balance things out. If they are made normal size again terrs will have a chance when they're basing, warbirds in the spawn zone of pubs will at LEAST be able to hit them without having to hit them dead on, and less people will play as weasel which wil reduce the number of them back to normal. Everytime I go into the purepub to base there are at least 2 weasels trying to get into the damn flag room to hunt me down b/c I'm base terr, when did the weasel start hunting the terr?! it's madness!.
                  (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

Some ships are stronger on their own outside of base and some ships are just very weak for use outside of base. An average shark will always lose it to the average wb 1on1 outside of base. While in base if just one team uses a shark, they will win the flagroom.
                    Pub is intentionally a teamgame in which we try to get the flag. The job of the weasel is to sneak in. You are however free to play the game and use the ships in any way you want. If you decide to duel other players outside of base, fine. However don't expect the zone to change in the favor of those who decide to play pub differently then intended. It's a teamgame, you can't expect to have an equal chance when playing individually against any other ship in whatever ship you were playing in (you didn't bother to tell us what ship you were in). If you do want that try to go to another arena or zone.

Comment

Ok i'll post here what i think about the weasel and its diferent roles in Pub arenas...
                      Well lets check how does the weasel works outside the base area.
                      If you are playing with an uncloaked weasel you will have probably lots of your atentions on by all those whiners that think weasels shouldnt exist so you will be wanked real hard... u must have some skills to dodge all the bullets...secondly u dont have the speed to dodge the bullets from a lancaster and all u can do is die when one shots against you...they also only need one shot to kill you... about the spidersthey also need very few shots to kill you and they can do it easely...now if we are going to talk about the warbird ... well ... all he as to do is to stay and shoot from afar... he will end up itting you... not much you can do...unless you can dodge all the crap that comes flying against you... thats why i think playing with uncloaked weasel is rewarding as u must dodge all those bullets and stuff... about the cloaked weasel... well... you are as slow as hell... u cant go after your pray u just have to sit and kill people passing by or ppl that are sitting there... its easy to get a huge bounty but is not All funny althoug i like to do it a few times...

About basing with a weasel... well just forget it... you will have to dodge a terr in a closed space so you will have to get uncloaked... after that you will get killed by all spiders and lancs and all those ships... and even if they cant see you well a jav bullet will get you killed sooner or later even if it explodes at the corner of your screen...

Conclusion... how can this be the strongest ship???
                      The weasel is just another ship with a function... its good at it but it sucks at the rest...
                      A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

bram, weasels that duel outside of base arent doing their "job" either. it is not in favor of anyone.

what gets me is this: it would be so easy to change the weasel to something that is not quite as lame but still just as effective. please, just change it so warbirds and spiders and such can have some sort of way to defend themselves against weasels. it was a problem; now it's an even bigger one. just freestyle in pub for a bit with a warbird or spider, you will see.
                        apt>yes u can wtf
                        apt>na

Comment

On that note, I'd like to request something so that sharks have a decent chance against spiders. As of right now, a spider can just snipe away and sap the shark's energy, preventing it from mounting any kind of counter-attack. Yes, sharks have three reps, but spiders can fire long after those reps are gone. The only way that a shark can counter the spider is if the spider decides to chase it around. Change it so that sharks have some sort of way to defend themselves against spiders.

Actually, I'd like to request that they DON'T do something about that because I accept that as a limitation of playing as a shark.

Comment

Finally someone stands up and accepts the strengths and weaknesses of their ship.
                            Originally posted by vubinspiran
                            I hate X very hard.

Comment

you are quite a moron za gophar!

Comment

you are part of the problem i am talking about being sick of bram. you cant say shit about this if you never pub. you never pub. you have gotten less than 200 kills in pub in the last month, unless you use some alias i dont know about. so please, SHUT THE FUCK UP FAGGOT.

i am gonna hatch a plan, and take matters to a new level with this weasel problem in pub. i dont know if it will work, but i think it could. just wait.
                                apt>yes u can wtf
                                apt>na

Comment

Working...
                                X