No announcement yet.

?go base sportsmanship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes I say gg and with that I feel kinda smug..

Sometimes I say gg and with that, I am just like... ah well I won/lost good game tho lads.
    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

gg galleleo

Comment

I just say gg on the NOTICE: Game Over by habit.
        USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
        ---A few minutes later---
        9:cool koen> you scorereseted
        9:Kim> UM
        9:Kim> i didn't
        9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
        9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
        9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
        9:pascone> lol?

Comment

i usualy say gg even when i lose

unless it has been a dire 10-0 game or i was sharked then blamed for my lack of sharking ability and lag whilst good sharks refuse to shark and others refuse to shark too.

I don't feel smug when saying gg when win or loose as i play internet board games, where they are actualy polite and its the etiquette to say gg when the winning move is about to be made.

In saying that i've also noticed that alot of ppl have stopped it and i've stopped it a bit too in those games, as i'm not going to be the only person saying gg :P
          In my world,
          I am King

sigpic

Comment

Seriously, saying gg is like shaking hands with the opponent. At least that's the way it used to be. I seriously couldn't give a damn what people think nowadays. If you get offended when someone ggs you after you lose, lock yourself in a dark closet and think happy thoughts, or something. It's a compliment for sure and I type gg in the end every time I play, regardless of how the game went. If you get offended, sue me. Subspace is a game (or sport - it should be played seriously but not taken seriously. Be a good sport - congratulate your opponent first, tell him he's a lagass after that. Ok?
            Veni Vidi Visa - I came, I saw, I did some shopping.

Also did some game development. Check out this horror adventure game if you like point'n'clicks.

Comment

I got maize to post!

But seriously, it's not really smug it's just like: GOOD GAME WOW! And I use it in a smug way when talking to people I know, but more as a joke then anything else. And Usually always say it.
              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

I say 'GG' after every base game, and it is meant with sportsmanship sincerity. I also say 'GL all' before every Base game, also meant with sincerity.

But I guess it's because I am old school (or just old) and actually put value in quaint, old fashion things like sportsmanship. Ah, the good ol' days. B)

Comment

i say gg when it was really a good game... most of the times the matches suck much so there is no point saying it, and to mvp most of the time i say it when it is clear he was it
                  Code:
                  1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
                  1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
                  1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
                  1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
                  1:lnx> kk
                  1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

Only game I say "good game" on is Halo 2 when the games are really close or really competetive. 'd say "good game" here... except there are far too many people that say "ez newb laggot camper etc etc" to make it worth while.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
                    .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

I would have to agree, "sportsmanship" has gone down lately. I usually end a game w/ a "gg" if it was just a boring old game, but if it was truely a good game, i will say "Great game guys" or something.

Not sure how somone can be offended by someone saying "gg", but whatever <_<
                      k8> (both my dad's are gay :( )

Comment

Working...
                      X