Ever play for $$? well here's yer chance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1ight
    Ohh, so you know latin? Tbh, the only latin I know is -> Ego sum resurectio, Ego sum veritas.. as in I'm the ressurection, I'm the truth.. don't know what -> way is on latin. So I guess you could call me a copy cat too!
    via, viae would be the latin noun for way, or road.
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

• Originally posted by xSliderx
      1) Ive contacted staff and Dock> to get the $$ bonded with them. Im waiting for a response back at this time.

2) Trying to get a little more staff support on this

3) At least 1 <ER> that I have spoken to has agreed that he will host the even for me, but is speaking with a few more of the staff at this time.
      so what your saying is so far.. you have only 1 <ER> who has agreed to host the games... u have no bot, no staff permissions and as far as the players know, no organisation of the actual event so far..
      if this is going to work and be respected, you will need to show that you are serious about it... websites usually do the trick
      04.07.05 08:59

Comment

• Originally posted by Copy!?!
        I don't have a paypal(and can't get one either). Is there a way I could get the $$ anyway?
        ehh win first ? :P Then ask for $$.
        AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

• Originally posted by xSliderx
          hmm? Lost cred? wont ever work?

yea...27 signups in less then 24 hours really shows that...haha

Hasta!!

at least 4k people play tw per week. you got 27 singups. Whippy

EDIT: good on PL for trying to get this to work. He saved you, remember that.
          Last edited by Nickname; 01-26-2005, 10:57 PM.
          The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
          All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

• Tibro...
            1) I dont need staff permission to host a tournament.
            2) 1 <ER> is all that I need
            3) Website isnt gonna do jack to sway all the overtly negative people about this tournament. Respect it or dont respect it its your choice. More people respect this idea then dont, so im NOT worried about it.

Arikel
            Im working on getting the duelbot in there, but im currently working on the arena and hearing back from staff. Im pretty confident we'll have one by the time the tourney is up. One of the reasons I set it so far in advance

Copy
            Worry about winning first. Trust me whn I tell you theres a million ways I can get the winning player paid without having any of his/her personal info.

Nickname
            Yea...whippy is right..considering thats 43 players in 2 DAYS! LOL. At this rate I would have over 200 signed up before March 1 rolls around. If I was to accept that many people.

The more negative people are about this...the more it makes me wanna gut it out and keep going on it. You guys should REALLY relax and realize that this is supposed to be fun, and isnt really worth bitching, whining, and moaning when yer not even gonna play to begin with.

The sloution to your problem is VERY simple:
            Dont play if you dont think it will work, or you think its a scam.

The other players or me wont give a shit....you will be one less player they need to worry about on the road to $200.

GG

Hasta!!

Marshmallow Marines
            "Arguing is like running in the special olympics...even if you win yer still retarded."

Comment

• maybe it has something to do with the fact that you sound 12, have no staff support (well, pl sorta bailed you out there) and apparently have a history of doing this sort of thing. People have nothing to lose as long as they are smart and don't give your forum the real password they use, but i'm sure somebody has alreayd fucked up there.
              The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
              All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

• As always, bonding the money to Dock (or me) would make things much smoother. It would give your tournament credibility... make it so that people who are actually good may play, as opposed to people who just see "WIN 200" and are like "OMG IM ELITE EZ $$$$$ GG".
                - k2

Comment

• Rofl, your talking like $200 is a lot... sad.

They gave out $1000 at the DDR tourny.
                  Thrashing> "That'll be 25.99, thank you for buying, please come again"
                  Thrashing> "LET'S FUCK!"
                  Thrashing> Like that, Ott?
                  Catgirl> rofl
                  Missy> o.O im so leaving this chat

Kim> hal, say fit of rage sucks ballz
                  fit of r> here, i'll do it for you
                  fit of r> I SUCK BALLS
                  Kim> loool
                  fit of r> I LOVE BIG HAIRY MAN BALLS

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickname
                    maybe it has something to do with the fact that you sound 12, have no staff support (well, pl sorta bailed you out there) and apparently have a history of doing this sort of thing. People have nothing to lose as long as they are smart and don't give your forum the real password they use, but i'm sure somebody has alreayd fucked up there.
                    1) 45 signups in 2 days = Credibility. Im actually timing you to see when you figure it out. Yer not doing so good :\
                    2) I dont have a history of doing this...this is first time I am giving away $$ to the winner. My past tourneys...I gave out game consoles, DVDs, games, and other such prizes.
                    3) Yer paranoid about passwords. Most forums dont give u access to a password database as an admin. I know cuz im admin on many boards. Yer password bullshit is just that...Bullshit.

Hasta!!

Marshmallow Marines
                    "Arguing is like running in the special olympics...even if you win yer still retarded."

Comment

• Originally posted by kites
                      Rofl, your talking like $200 is a lot... sad.

They gave out $1000 at the DDR tourny.
                      Please go play DDR then. When was the last time you won a cent in Trench Wars? Don't downplay free money. You're not rich enough that $200 is lunch money for the afternoon, and even if I'm wrong, THEN YOU'RE GETTING FREE LUNCH. Get off your high horse and stop bitching.

Seriously, what does anyone have to lose? Every Saturday, 40-80 people sit in ?go tourny with no incentive but "Game Over. Winner: __________" Just sign up, and you'll be doing what you would normally do. If you get money for it, then that's just an added bonus.

Thank you to Pure_Luck for helping to organize this. I would like to see a large scale tourny happen whether money is awarded or not.

Slider... You can't protect a staff member who can check aliases. It's pretty easy to pull server logs and see who's been using the command, and if someone's checked around 100 aliases, then it will be pretty damn obvious who it is. Trying to cover only creates suspicion. Just cooperate and this will all run smoothly, which is what you keep saying you want.

Hasta!!
                      3:PEGASiS> double u tee ef?
                      3:Spirit> ar oh ef el

MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis if I catch you hiding again I will ban you -Da Farmer!
                      MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis, If you do not stop killing your own team <yellow ships on radar> You will be banned from this zone!! Thank you. -YoMama!!!

Hal Wilker> hal likes pegasis to cumshot in his eye.

Comment

• Just for the record I dont play TW anymore. And why should you get paid in a 2d spaceship game anyway, not like it takes much skill.
                        Thrashing> "LET'S FUCK!"
                        Catgirl> rofl

fit of r> I SUCK BALLS
                        Kim> loool

Comment

• Originally posted by kites
                          Just for the record I dont play TW anymore.
                          Get off our forums then.

Originally posted by kites
                          And why should you get paid in a 2d spaceship game anyway, not like it takes much skill.
                          You quit because you're not any good.

MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis if I catch you hiding again I will ban you -Da Farmer!
                          MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis, If you do not stop killing your own team <yellow ships on radar> You will be banned from this zone!! Thank you. -YoMama!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickname
                            maybe it has something to do with the fact that you sound 12, have no staff support (well, pl sorta bailed you out there) and apparently have a history of doing this sort of thing. People have nothing to lose as long as they are smart and don't give your forum the real password they use, but i'm sure somebody has alreayd fucked up there.
                            This is a pretty far-fetched way of stealing people's passwords. There's no risk involved in this at all and at the very least it's a fun little tourney. I don't get why there's so much negativity around this.

Comment

• Originally posted by PEGASiS
                              Get off our forums then.

You quit because you're not any good.
                              Quit because after 4 years it gets BORING AS HELL.

And theres no rule stating that I have to play TW to be on the forums.

Play a game that requires more skill, thx.
                              Thrashing> "LET'S FUCK!"
                              Catgirl> rofl

fit of r> I SUCK BALLS
                              Kim> loool

Comment

• Originally posted by Troll King
                                This is a pretty far-fetched way of stealing people's passwords. There's no risk involved in this at all and at the very least it's a fun little tourney. I don't get why there's so much negativity around this.

Set em straight TK. I'll play in this tourny. I have a small chance of winning, but even if I do win, and it is a hoax, I'll still have boasting rights, and that's all anyone has in TW at the moment any way. No sacrifice there.

Comment

Working...
                                X