People going afk in ?go base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People going afk in ?go base

Ok, there is still a load of people that go afk in ?go base and are too lazy to use the !notplaying-command.
    Especially in the afternoons when basing isn't that full there is a load of people that are afk and keep being picked over and over again. It shouldnt be too hard to at least prevent that from happening. And it shouldn't be that a captain has to waste time on checking for afks every game.
    My thought is that there are 3 solution that alternativly could be used.

1. !remove <playername>
    Whenever a captain used !remove a certain player is set to the !notplaying freq and will have to use !notplaying command to get back on the play frequency

2. !sub <playername>
    When someone is subbed out, (s)he will automaticly be put on the notplayfreq and has to use !myfreq to get back on the frequency of their "team" or use !notplaying to be pickable again.

3. !afk <playername>
    This could be an command only used by staff or at least by people with botpower. If they notice someone is afk they can use this command to put that player on the notplaying-freq.

Neither of these commands really discourage people to go afk, if staff is really interested in discouraging this (I wonder if they care) the third solution could be adjusted to this:

3. !afk <playername>
    This could be an command only used by staff or at least by people with botpower. If they notice someone is afk they can use this command to put that player on the notplaying-freq. The player can't use !notplaying to get off, but will have to ask a staffmember to take them off. (There could be a penalty time added, but might not be needed)
    Abuse of the !afk command would be just like any other abuse of this command would be just like any other abuse.
    You ate some priest porridge

sounds like a plan.. too many times you see games start with only 50% of the players moving.. i cant see any problems with this myself so far. although i think the very last solution is a bit drastic.

only problem is.. are staff going to want to sit in ?go base all game watching for afk'ers?
    04.07.05 08:59

Comment

I agree.
      1:PaulOakenfold> thunder doesn't have a map;... gonna join nc17
      1:PaulOakenfold> it's been real
      1:Vitja> thunders map is ?go twlj
      1:Vitja> afk
      1:Underground> haha vit
      1:Kian> LOL VITJA

-Sk8 site and forums: www.sk8squad.org

Comment

Like I've said before, when a game is started, all players should be set to a notplaying freq & would need to use a !play command to be eligable for picking that round.

Simple & effective.
        Hello Denon it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several days, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Comment

Originally posted by Denon
          Simple & effective.
          I think I shouldn't have to typ a command to the bot every single game because some people don't leave the arena when they go afk.
          And I wonder what it will do to a bot when 30 people typ !playing at the same time when a new game starts.

And that last solution being drastic? You can leave the arena or do !notplaying when you aren't going to play.. so it shouldnt have to be used anyway.

Comment

When I am captain, after I picked 7 people, before I pick myself I go through all my picks and if they are not moving I ask them if they are there, if they don't answer me withint a couple of min, I !remove.
            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Some good ideas. Now you need a programmer to do it. I'll see if I can get someone to work on it for ya. Thanks

Pure_Luck

Comment

:up: PL Approved.
                this is a dated signature

FREE GHB, PH
                (:3=

Comment

I have the feeling that publicly available commands like these would be abused.
                  sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
                    Explain?

Imo Zerz's and/or Denon's idea should be introduced
                    I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

I agree completely, games will be much easier to start and much more faster

:up:

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
                        Yeah, basicly by anything you make up you have to keep in mind that someone will try to abuse it. But then again, if you add someone and sub him when the game starts the other team is already unable to sub that player in (the bot will say that the player is already in the other team, and !myfreq still works)
                        I think there is not much to abuse, only if you'd use the !afk command where someone with botpower could "lock" someone in spec.
                        It's very hard to secure this, because if you punish someone for abusing the !afk command, you give someone a tool to try and "frame" someone with power on bot. (IE: you can pretend to be afk and be locked in notplayfreq and then say you weren't afk but the person with botpower abused on you)
                        On the other hand there is no way people will stop going afk in ?go base unless there is some sort of light punishment for, or inconvience about, doing so.

Comment

Originally Posted by Zerzera
                          And I wonder what it will do to a bot when 30 people typ !playing at the same time when a new game starts.
                          Good point, I suppose it could lag/crash the bot.

If it were possible though, it's not exactly going to strain anyone to use such a simple command. It's just an idea, some people will like it, some not; it might work well, it might not.

/me shrugs
                          Hello Denon it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several days, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Comment

i like Denon's idea

i will get talking to some ppl see what can be done
                            04.07.05 08:59

Comment

Originally posted by Tibro
                              i like Denon's idea

i will get talking to some ppl see what can be done
                              I don't think you have to change something for the mayority when you only want to stop a few fuckheads fucking things up.
                              It's really stupid if you are hanging out in base all day and you have to do !play to bot every time it starts. It just doesn't make sense to me.. if I'm in ?go base it means I want to play base.. otherwise I wasn't in the arena.

Comment

Working...
                              X