Music in SS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music in SS?

I was wondering if you were able to go into your sounds folder and replace sounds like %15 (example) with converted media files of your favourite songs or something. So if I replace %15 with lets say Lat Them eat War by The Empire strikes First, then can I go into game and do %15 and listen to the song? I don't know if this is possible, if so please tell me how.

First you have to convert said sound into a .wav file. Search on download.com or google for mp3 -> wav converter.

You'll then need to rename the file from blaablaa.wav to bong15.wa2.

If the name of the file is only blaablaa. You'll have to go Tools -> Folder Options (In Windows explorer, not I.E.) and then go to the View tab and untick "Hide extensions for known file types". Then you can simply rename blaablaa.wav to bong15.wa2 and stick it in your continuum/sounds directory (Of course backing up the original bong15.wa2).

There may be a file size limit, I don't know.

Only problem being, whenever a host uses %15 in an event, you'll hear your song.

Why not just use Winamp to listen to music?
    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
    ---A few minutes later---
    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
    9:Kim> UM
    9:Kim> i didn't
    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
    9:pascone> lol?

Comment

That's really a lot of effort for something that isn't that great. Just use WinAmp Global Hotkeys and be done with it.
      sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Send
        I was wondering if you were able to go into your sounds folder and replace sounds like %15 (example) with converted media files of your favourite songs or something. So if I replace %15 with lets say Lat Them eat War by The Empire strikes First, then can I go into game and do %15 and listen to the song? I don't know if this is possible, if so please tell me how.
        Why not use a song player while you're playing? It can play multiple songs and you don't have to hit a %.. to listen to it.

Comment

Hmm, the % thing actually sounds like a good idea... It doesn't take that much effort in order to do it... But the files would be big (personally tho, my HD is huge since its 2 raid 0 160gb hds each ), and you have to be sure not to replace ones that the zone uses often, like that GOGOGO (Which is really Goal!), and some other ones like Hallaleuya or however u spell it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
            That's really a lot of effort for something that isn't that great. Just use WinAmp Global Hotkeys and be done with it.
            much easier yes :P
            or else use the program pio made for winamp 2
            Code:
            1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
            1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
            1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
            1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
            1:lnx> kk
            1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

SSCU Trench Wars
              ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
              Failure teaches success.
              . â–²
              ▲ ▲

Comment

huh
                USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                ---A few minutes later---
                9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                9:Kim> UM
                9:Kim> i didn't
                9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Send
                  So if I replace %15 with lets say Lat Them eat War by The Empire strikes First
                  Bad Religion do Let Them Eat War, TESF is the album, +50 indie points for me eventhoughitspunknotindie
                  Originally posted by Facetious
                  edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                    Bad Religion do Let Them Eat War, TESF is the album, +50 indie points for me eventhoughitspunknotindie
                    I listen to that song on an hourly basis
                    Anyway I just turn on winamp and do ?sound=2 or something in the game so the music and the game sounds blend together
                    Another plus is I love watching people bitch about my lag due to winamp
                    Currently listening to:
                    Valient Thorr - Immortalizer
                    Dead to Me - Little Brother
                    Tim Barry - Manchester
                    Lemuria - Get Better
                    Alkaline Trio - Agony and Irony

Comment

mb zeus, get them mixed up

Comment

Working...
                      X