Public arenas that u need a certain amount of usage to play in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public arenas that u need a certain amount of usage to play in

I think it would be cool if there where public arenas that u need like 200 hrs a usage to play in so u could go in and not just sloughter newbs all the time.... and maybe better ppl would start to use the pubs....idk just thought it be cool :P

lmao, 200hrs wouldn't change anything, 200hrs doens't mean you are not a newbie. If you want to play without "slaughtering newbs" ?go base.
    Subspace is like sports.

1:cuji> ootteko koskaan pierassu suihkus
    1:cuji> aika brutaali ääni
    Rough translation:
    1:cuji> have you ever farted in the shower
    1:cuji> pretty brutal sound

Comment

Originally posted by Soppakauha
      lmao, 200hrs wouldn't change anything, 200hrs doens't mean you are not a newbie. If you want to play without "slaughtering newbs" ?go base.
      agreed maybe increase it but it still wouldnt be as bad...

Comment

erm.. the whole point of pubs is a place to familiarise yourself with the game.. this means a place where new players learn the basics...

now if we take away the one place they can easily learn basics all we are doing is discouraging any new people starting to play this game..

as already stated.. there are other sub-arenas to play where u wont 'slaughter newbs'
        04.07.05 08:59

Comment

Originally posted by Tibro
          erm.. the whole point of pubs is a place to familiarise yourself with the game.. this means a place where new players learn the basics...

now if we take away the one place they can easily learn basics all we are doing is discouraging any new people starting to play this game..

as already stated.. there are other sub-arenas to play where u wont 'slaughter newbs'
          Pubs is about LevTerring and a place for players of lower skill to whine, or whatever they want to do. If they didn't have better players around them, they would not learn. People do ask questions in pubs, and the higher skilled players answer them. Also I would like to state that a pub where you can find a LOT of high skilled players is in the Pure Publics =]
          1:Hydride> who we play next week
          1:ReNdErED> Pandora
          1:ReNdErED> gulp
          1:ReNdErED> if i see Ease im shiftin across map

1:Hydride> best feeling EVER
          1:Hydride> its like if you get sacked and when the pain goes away feeling x 999999999999999999999999
          1:cranium> uve obviously never fucked a plastic bag filled with jelly inbetween the couch cushions
          1:menelvagor> ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL
          1:cranium> talk about a feeling

Comment

I remember seeing once elim getting hosted to a 1000hrs usage that would be a nice limit.
            A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

I'm tired of this subject, so it's time to start pasting.

Originally posted by Troll King
              They should make the usage requirement to be exactly 100 hours higher than the usage of the person who asks for one, and for the limit to be continuously updated on a daily basis to continue to be 100 higher than the person who wanted it.
              FREE MANDELA

Comment

Originally posted by The Hawk
                I think it would be cool if there where public arenas that u need like 200 hrs a usage to play in so u could go in and not just sloughter newbs all the time.... and maybe better ppl would start to use the pubs....idk just thought it be cool :P
                The only way to do that is to change the settings. If you change the settings of a pub, then the settings for all the pubs will change. Maybe a bot can do it, but if you really want it that bad, then you can make it yourself.

Doesn't anyone who makes these threads read any of the others?

Comment

Yes you would need a bot and no this will never happen and it is a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Arikel
                    I remember seeing once elim getting hosted to a 1000hrs usage that would be a nice limit.
                    couple of years ago there were 1000hrs elim2s hosted atleast every week...haven't seen them for a while
                    Subspace is like sports.

1:cuji> ootteko koskaan pierassu suihkus
                    1:cuji> aika brutaali ääni
                    Rough translation:
                    1:cuji> have you ever farted in the shower
                    1:cuji> pretty brutal sound

Comment

Right, pubs are for new players to learn the ropes yea? (And obviously some old players just like to have fun there) So what happens, if all the pub vets go and play in this usage limited pub, all the newbies get stuck together in the normal ones and no one learns anything.
                      USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                      ---A few minutes later---
                      9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                      9:Kim> UM
                      9:Kim> i didn't
                      9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                      9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                      9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                      9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Indeed. Public zones are to familiarise yourself if you're a new player, or to chill out and hone your basing skills if you're more experienced.
                        And before you say something about ?go base... that relies on you getting picked... which hangs on:
                        1. Being in a good squad (TWL squads have big showings in ?go base)
                        2. Being in staff (Maybe not, but it certainly helps in basing events)
                        3. Being well known (self-explanatory, also ties into 1)

So if you're making the transition from Public to ?go base, might be a bit difficult to get picked. Hmm... now we know why there are so many people spamming to get into the game in ?go base.

Uh, that was ever-so-slightly off-topic. Forgive, the original point isn't moot. :F
                        dim> if you want to go and suggest that black people are rapists, more so than white people. go and do it in real life, but you won't....because you'll get beaten up and you can only cope on a 2d spaceship game

Alinea> And let me apologize in advance if it comes across harsher than I would like because I definitely mean it in a let's-make-the-game-better-and-get-this-thing-released-cuz-I'm-getting-very-pregnant kind of way

3:Mattey> there is more to america than capitalism

Comment

it would be nice to see two basing arenas running more often
                          -Kawrae

Comment

please look up one of the ten million similar threads before starting another one :death:

Comment

Originally posted by The Hawk

Ahh shut up nobody cares what u say
                              (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Mr.Bling <ER>:
                              (RoboHelp)>I don't want to know your name, I just want.. Bang bang bang!
                              (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Mr.Bling <ER>:<Message>.

Comment

Working...
                              X