Falling into the hands of children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buy adsl :]

If you have enough money to play subspace on a modem, you have enough money to buy the cheapest adsl out there (less than 20 € per month).
    5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
    5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
    5: Da1andonly> =((
    5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
    5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
    5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

I think THIS is useless crap, or trash talk or something like that.
      -Kawrae

Comment

Originally posted by Kawrae
        I think THIS is useless crap, or trash talk or something like that.
        or both :turned:
        Originally posted by Kolar
        My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
        ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

I THINK what he's trying to get at is that the new "core" of players are annoying children, with the exploding popularity of ?go elim and ?go base and TWL's with the new "core" has brought a new level of competition, when you add children and competition you see their true immaturity, but that's what you get when you play a child's game.
          (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

allow me to interject a few choice words here

what
            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Kontrolz
              I THINK what he's trying to get at is that the new "core" of players are annoying children, with the exploding popularity of ?go elim and ?go base and TWL's with the new "core" has brought a new level of competition, when you add children and competition you see their true immaturity, but that's what you get when you play a child's game.

I think he's saying all of that and connecting this to the idea that the new core of players and new staff are changing the zone in their favor because they're kids?, it still doesn't make sense to me.
              Last edited by Kolar; 02-09-2005, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Ok, let me put it this way. The majority of new players are young, always has been this way b/c what adults are out there looking for an internet game to get addicted to. Now, ?go base and ?go elim have grown more and more popular over the years along with TWD and TWL, all of these spark heavy competition. Since all of these competetive things have gotten bigger they have become easier to get into for new players (young players), when before it would take someone a little while to get into them or really just find them, usually that year or two added on to the average age of a child who finds this can mean big things as far as maturity goes. More and more of the newer/younger players getting into more heated competition than just public arenas means more and more immature behavior, competition really seems to bring it out of them, even some adults. I've been playing for 6 years, I know it's not the longest run but it's long enough to of witnessed the changes and witness the attitudes overall change. Oh, and kolar brought up another thing, younger people getting staff, that has had an impact as well in my opinion. Hope this has cleared up what I said before. If it's still confusing screw it, im high and I don't care enough to explain it beyond this lol.

Edit: I've stayed out of TWD and TWL for the most part b/c of the reasons above.
                (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

I was adding to your input Kontrolz, I can't understand Infamous's post not yours. With the zone populating growing of course you'll see more immature behavior from the entire zone. Some new players have become good players and have added a lot to TWL so I wouldn't entirely say the growth of TW has been a negitive thing. Infamous's point is that with this population growth you will also see more younger people taking over staff postions (even though the postions that would effect something which he has a problem with, are not effected) you end up with poor decisions like changing the lag limits (Which was implemented to stem the lag cheating problems -not only for TWL.) We can debate the effect and need of this but not with the logic this person is using.

Comment

lmao the magaman89 thread
                    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

dont even know why i am replying but good.
                      what u expect this is a free game (told a 1000x) so get over it.
                      And i didnt even know finnish people were poor, i always liked them (and still).
                      If u dont like laggy things buy a psx2 and play solo mode so u never have to worry bout lag.
                      U people wouldnt believe it, neither did i, but im actually smart
                      ------->

Comment

Guys, this is not hard. What he's saying about new players is that they finally got the server in America (maybe they don't even know that it used to be in Finland) and they've now made it so fins with 56k can't play. I came up on this game with 56k in America while the server was in Finland. If TW had the lag restrictions then that it has now, I wouldn't have been able to play, nor would half of the American community.

I completely agree that these settings are unfair. I have adsl, and I live in America, and I don't lag out. I have a steady 50 ms ping, and I'm thankful that I do. But seriously, I can handle someone who has a 250 ms ping. The Fins put up with Americans having horrible pings for like 5 years, and now we're shutting them out because we got the server? That is completely unfair. Re-raise the limits.

In closing... The Fins didn't have these limits keeping the Americans from playing when they had the server, so why should we change it now so that they can't play unless they're on broadband? Seriously.
                        3:PEGASiS> double u tee ef?
                        3:Spirit> ar oh ef el

MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis if I catch you hiding again I will ban you -Da Farmer!
                        MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis, If you do not stop killing your own team <yellow ships on radar> You will be banned from this zone!! Thank you. -YoMama!!!

Hal Wilker> hal likes pegasis to cumshot in his eye.

Comment

The new lagout module on the bots isn't implemented correctly yet. As far as I know, it has a lot of tweaking to do. While it does spec some people that obviously deserve it, it's also screwing with a lot of people that really don't seem like they lag. Maybe they are- I have no idea- but the limits definately need to be raised.
                          sdg

Comment

I don't even know why it was implemented in the first place, I thought the old system was more than fine. It's the fact that baser staff wanted it to happen, not realizing how damage +1 death is in a 10 death situation. It's almost like the equivalent of, in a basing game to 15 minutes, you're sat out for a minute and a half you lagout. Currently basing lagouts only need 30 seconds, so there you go.
                            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                            Failure teaches success.

Comment

yeah uh.. these last posts were very good but as you can see if you read up that most of the people only see what they want to see. to the people that didnt understand let me break it down for you...

some people cant get dsl or cable from where we live such as myself.
                              if this is a free game then why change it? keep it the way it is no point in improving something you're not going to make money off of.
                              believe me if i did live in a place where i could get a faster connection I would.

dumb kids
                              Infamous> well what about the people from finland like me who've played this game for over 6 years with 56k now all of the sudden some spoiled kids want to take that away from us.

Desperate > nobody cares about you, you're a minority.

Good choice of staff ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous
                                if this is a free game then why change it? keep it the way it is no point in improving something you're not going to make money off of.
                                Other than the line above, I agree with what you say Infamous, however the lag limits were likely put in to stem the prevalence of lag cheating and spec dodging.

As with what Stab says, it still requires tweaking, but its not the pointless change for the sake of changing something, instead it is someone working to try and improve the game.
                                People who are rather more than six feet tall and nearly as broad across the shoulders often have uneventful journeys. People jump out at them from behind rocks then say things like, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you were someone else."

Comment

Working...
                                X