Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There has been no shift from Javs/Wbs to basing. More people play now. But that's not a shift. It's just you people on the forums. The people who play elim and baseelim are too busy...playing to post here and say you're wrong. Anyways, there's like 9 public arenas a day and 2 elim arenas. Maybe more people based in the first place? It's still going to matter more if you win LD or JD than BD because that's what nearly all the squads concentrate on. Except a very few.

Later ...
    It's not whether you win or lose. It's how you place the blame. If you win, of course, it's how you place the shame.

Comment

Originally posted by warportal

HOWEVER!!!!!

Myth inventing privbase? I think not
      Back in the old days, when upper staff decided to give basing more attention in the zone, they recruited warportal to <ER>. Warportal hosted a LOT of public basing games, and later on he started inviting exactly 16 players for private basing games. This kept going for a few months and when more hosts started to arrange private basing games, 'private' became less and less private.
      Chats were created to inform everybody when a private game started, or existing 'friends' chats slowly turned into basing chats.

With the arrival of the basing bots, it eliminated some of the 'magic' and quality of basing games. But on the other hand the basing community could grow even bigger because a bot simple has more time on its hands to host, and thus satisfy a larger audience.

---

So, who started this shift? Is it warportal, introducing private basing, to let players of different squads gather and play basing games?
      Or staff, realizing that there wasn't enough basing being hosted?
      Or the Trench Wars player base, getting fed up with dueling and javs, and spamming ?help with 'host base!, host boki!, host 2dbase!'?

Comment

Originally posted by Man
        There has been no shift from Javs/Wbs to basing. More people play now. But that's not a shift. It's just you people on the forums. The people who play elim and baseelim are too busy...playing to post here and say you're wrong. Anyways, there's like 9 public arenas a day and 2 elim arenas. Maybe more people based in the first place? It's still going to matter more if you win LD or JD than BD because that's what nearly all the squads concentrate on. Except a very few.

Later ...
        Yes there have been a shift.
        There are more squads concentrating to win BD than ever.
        Basing strategies improved and basing quality improved.

Comment

This is starting to sound like Starwars.
          Originally posted by Diakka
          Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

i was just muggenzifting myth. You should get the props u deserve.

anyhoe,

I think there r a lot of reasons for the turnover from wb/jav to basing. But maybe the groundreason for this change is a change in staff views. The recruiting of staffers who saw that the most important event of our zone was hardly taking place as much and as ferocious as it should take place. With the recruiting of more basing-minded staffers a chainreaction started: more basing-->more interest-->more basingsquads-->more competition, etc...

And to tell u the truth I dont see the basingIMPERIUM stop any time soon. Face it, it's simply a lot more fun! TW=basing. That's the way it is, should be and always will be.
            http://disoblige.be-damned.com/OLD%20WEBSITE/

Comment

The honorable reverend warportal can be seen touring the American Southwest this coming January. Come hear The Word on Sunday the 18th at the Lousiana Communion of the Holy Faithful. Tea and refreshments provided by the TWBL Elk's Club Women's Auxillary, with the Pledge by Squad #198 of the Trench Scout of America.

Comment

WildFire was made for dueling at first...
                lol i remember how we were talking "omg we're pretty good at basing" heh... we were one of those first squads too that could compete in every league..

gg old wf members
                Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
                Mirror <ZH> this sucks
                Server> dont worry mirror
                Server> shark fits your tits
                Peace <ZH>> shut up
                Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
                Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
                1:Hercules> im level 90
                1:Hercules> in 9d
                1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
                1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

Malladrin, why did you bring this up again?

Before elim TW was all about basing, if you think they
                  didn't host private basing back then, it's just silly.
                  Thanks to MikeTheNose and Rectal Inversion (or so he always
                  says ) the Elimination event was created.
                  Most of today's l33t basers started playing tw in the elim era,
                  and because of this might think privbasing was created by
                  some of their heroes

I can't remember jack sh1t from the time before the -Final- and
                  Flying Imp era but these two squads were among the first to
                  have tactics and to create something new in base teamwork,
                  (Flying Imp won the TWBL that year) then came the supersquads
                  like WildFire, Disoblige and Cripples, and rest is history. These
                  are the squads that made the basing league competitive, thus
                  exciting and popular.

Someone said TW Staff started recruiting more basers before the
                  last league (TWLB), well that's true. In the time of
                  the "elim boom" we were used to having only people we,
                  the elim players, knew. And when names never heard of before
                  started appearing as ZHs or ERs we were surprised.
                  Some elim players started calling the new staffers newbies
                  and might even think the whole TW Staff was becoming a bunch
                  of newbies. But TW Staff was originally built of basers, of course.
                  Laming weasels and levis, those who spent atleast 4 hours
                  a day in public arenas made this zone what it is today.
                  People like BobR, Yomama, PriitK and Dock>, Silicon Toad,
                  MikeTheNose, Slowbob, among many others together made TW
                  Staff the best of all other zones', which eventually made TW
                  the biggest and most popular zone in Continuum.

Thanks to Ghost Ship, who got bored of TW and let PriitK and
                  Dock> take over

The Basing league gained most respect when Slowbob's
                  league server went down, back then the TWL, which Slowbob had
                  been running was considered the ultimate league, only the
                  best of the best got to fight there. At first it had only
                  duelling league, javelin league wasn't even created back then,
                  if I can remember right. And we had the "lower leagues" of
                  TWBL and TWDL hosted in the "normal" TW Server.
                  Then Javeling league came and Slowbob and
                  Acid had planned on putting the basing league also in TWL server.
                  But this never happened as Slowbob quit the league and TW
                  was left in chaos with out a proper league. After a long wait
                  we were given TWT, the TW Tournaments, that's when the
                  basing league was on the same level with javelin and duelling
                  leagues. I had a blast hosting in TWL (as a Ref> ) and in TWT
                  (as an ER) though TWT was very much about learning how to
                  manage leagues and rules. After that came TWL* (twlb, twld, and
                  twlj) which also had it's flaws and lessons because the league
                  coordinators had once again changed. Now we'll just have to
                  see what happens in the Bot run TWD, Trench Wars Divisions.

Well this is how I see it or how I can remember it, remember,
                  critisism is allways a good thing.
                  Last edited by Ara; 12-02-2002, 08:14 PM.
                  Ara / AraGee / Death
                  SSCU Trench Wars Player since 1999
                  SSCU Trench Wars Staff since 2001
                  TWDL, TWL-B, TWL-D, TWL-J, TWDT-J Champion
                  ----------------------------------------------

Comment

I like how you insert numbers into your words to make more sense.

wait..
                    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Azhran
                      I still deserve it...
                      suck me u wanker. i stopped playing for at least 5 minutes to use the phone..and i had nearly as many kills as you with 10-20 less deaths. it should have been meeee! guru and azhran bend over.
                      I agree.

Comment

... thou shalt take an [awl], and thrust it through his ear..., and he shall be thy servant for ever.
                        -- Deuteronomy 15:17 (AV)

banzi awled Guru and Azh.
                        I have stopped swimming in the rock pools a few days ago. Now instead of 40 minutes swimming, I substitute it with 40 minutes power walk - usually on the beaches or around the cliffs. Nothing beats burning the fat in the cold wind. Colon minus pee.

Comment

Originally posted by Ara
                          Malladrin, why did you bring this up again?

Before elim TW was all about basing, if you think they
                          didn't host private basing back then, it's just silly.
                          Thanks to MikeTheNose and Rectal Inversion (or so he always
                          says ) the Elimination event was created.
                          Most of today's l33t basers started playing tw in the elim era,
                          and because of this might think privbasing was created by
                          some of their heroes

I can't remember jack sh1t from the time before the -Final- and
                          Flying Imp era but these two squads were among the first to
                          have tactics and to create something new in base teamwork,
                          (Flying Imp won the TWBL that year) then came the supersquads
                          like WildFire, Disoblige and Cripples, and rest is history. These
                          are the squads that made the basing league competitive, thus
                          exciting and popular.

Someone said TW Staff started recruiting more basers before the
                          last league (TWLB), well that's true. In the time of
                          the "elim boom" we were used to having only people we,
                          the elim players, knew. And when names never heard of before
                          started appearing as ZHs or ERs we were surprised.
                          Some elim players started calling the new staffers newbies
                          and might even think the whole TW Staff was becoming a bunch
                          of newbies. But TW Staff was originally built of basers, of course.
                          Laming weasels and levis, those who spent atleast 4 hours
                          a day in public arenas made this zone what it is today.
                          People like BobR, Yomama, PriitK and Dock>, Silicon Toad,
                          MikeTheNose, Slowbob, among many others together made TW
                          Staff the best of all other zones', which eventually made TW
                          the biggest and most popular zone in Continuum.

Thanks to Ghost Ship, who got bored of TW and let PriitK and
                          Dock> take over

The Basing league gained most respect when Slowbob's
                          league server went down, back then the TWL, which Slowbob had
                          been running was considered the ultimate league, only the
                          best of the best got to fight there. At first it had only
                          duelling league, javelin league wasn't even created back then,
                          if I can remember right. And we had the "lower leagues" of
                          TWBL and TWDL hosted in the "normal" TW Server.
                          Then Javeling league came and Slowbob and
                          Acid had planned on putting the basing league also in TWL server.
                          But this never happened as Slowbob quit the league and TW
                          was left in chaos with out a proper league. After a long wait
                          we were given TWT, the TW Tournaments, that's when the
                          basing league was on the same level with javelin and duelling
                          leagues. I had a blast hosting in TWL (as a Ref> ) and in TWT
                          (as an ER) though TWT was very much about learning how to
                          manage leagues and rules. After that came TWL* (twlb, twld, and
                          twlj) which also had it's flaws and lessons because the league
                          coordinators had once again changed. Now we'll just have to
                          see what happens in the Bot run TWD, Trench Wars Divisions.

Well this is how I see it or how I can remember it, remember,
                          critisism is allways a good thing.
                          Ara is pretty much right. Other basing squads that deserve credit: Paladen and No Surrender. Team Titan were basers too if I recall correctly.
                          'vet' is the new 'newb'.
                          sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

Ara, I thought it was an interesting topic, and it didn't get the attention it deserved the first time.

If you don't like it, shoot me :P

Comment

Originally posted by Annux

Also, Vortex never sucked when I ran it. Just so you all know.
                              Agreed, Vortex was a great basing squad.
                              4:Mootland <ER>> <- Mom of the year
                              4:Mootland <ER>> Hear ma baby
                              4:Mootland <ER>> Breast feeding time?
                              4:dll> YES
                              4:Mootland <ER>> Ok, take a suck
                              4:dll> u produce the best milk ^_^
                              4:Mootland <ER>> Hey, no teeth!
                              4:Mootland <ER>> ffs
                              4:dll> your nippies are red :P
                              4:Mootland <ER>> yes :\

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine

By creating private basing (which isn't so private these days), Mythrandir has allowed everyone to play organized TWLB matches whenever they want.

-Epi
                                Hmm, does anyone else see a major contradiction in this sentence?
                                Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Working...
                                X