• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I WAS ON VORTEX VBUT THEN I WASNT AND NOW I HATE TW FUCK YOU
    Originally posted by Yoshiba
    i lag when i smoke weed

Comment

The subspace shift sounds like some sort of techno dance.

Anyways, I think I was the major catalyst in this shift from jav/wb to basing.
      Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Cripples defined TW league basing. You can't mention squads like Light (wtfzlolomfg) without first giving credit where credit is due.
        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

As important as all the other squads were, I think the major factor that has led to the current popularity of basing primarily rests on Mythrandir.

By creating private basing (which isn't so private these days), Mythrandir has allowed everyone to play organized TWLB matches whenever they want.

Similarily I believe that the new pracbots once they are fully complete will offer the same kind of boast to the entire league system in general.

TW has by far the largest player base in all of Trench Wars, and it wasn't until the past year that Trenchers have given a primary considering to leagues (instead of having leagues as something that they do, but don't particularily place too much emphasis on).

The democratization of league through having it based inside TW, having TWL and TWT sort of merge, and now having automated games with TWD and finally having fully automated pracbots has changed how Trench Wars views what the leagues are.

Currently basing is getting a lot of press, but be sure that the basing that has been getting a lot of support IS the league format. The greater view is that leagues as a whole have finally become acceptable to the TW community as a whole and as a legitimate platform for competition.

It used to be that leagues were looked on as an elitist old boy's club institution and now less so. Let's hope the current trend continues.

-Epi
          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
          www.animeslice.com

Comment

crips had such a short period in the spotlight

i only remember a few short weeks where i thought they'd go somewhere before i realized they had trouble showing people to even play, much less win lasting victories

EDIT: don't take me wrong, i used to worship crips for a while... they did create the spider line (i think) and everything... but they are like that company that created ms-dos and then sold it to bill gates, whereupon .... the rest is history

Comment

[i]TW has by far the largest player base in all of Trench Wars[/B]
              i don't understand

and yes, cheers to myth!

Comment

only my newbie squads really put effort into basing
                jee

Comment

Originally posted by Blood
                  only my newbie squads really put effort into basing
                  Basing is the only fun there is in TW. Newbish or not..fun is the name of this game!
                  some are wise, some are otherwise

1: PolluX> People say I talk too much
                  1: Louis XV> Dude you seriously need to stfu!
                  1: Louis XV> I still love you, k?

Comment

I totally agree with Eph.
                    Mythrandir has been for some time now the most valuable and motivated staffer.

Thanks for everything you've done for us Myth. Bots, arenas, you name it. You rawk! Thx for the hundreds of hours you've put into this game so that 1000 people you hardly know can enjoy it.
                    GG.

HOWEVER!!!!!

Myth inventing privbase? I think not He 'only' made it possible for it to grow into the mad-popular event it is today! (note the heavy sarcasm) Somewhere in the dirt lies the true hero of privbase. His work only a mere raindrop compared to the waterfall of wonders that Mythrandir has brought to our community. But somehow his foolish little mind did come up with the primary idea for hosted basing in a private arena...
                    http://disoblige.be-damned.com/OLD%20WEBSITE/

Comment

So who is that freak that invented it?
                      some are wise, some are otherwise

1: PolluX> People say I talk too much
                      1: Louis XV> Dude you seriously need to stfu!
                      1: Louis XV> I still love you, k?

Comment

Who cares about the game... we have races to get MVP.
                        gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                        gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                        gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Originally posted by GuruMeditation
                          Who cares about the game... we have races to get MVP.
                          I still deserve it...
                          TelCat> there arent 'sort of' get the flag

Comment

although tw is supposed to be all about basing, elim drags a lot of ppl to wb / jav. Not many elim players really care a lot about basing imho. My poing is that if there wasnt elim tw would be back to its roots and no1 would really care about anything else cause they wouldnt actually play it. But i guess that what i ask is impossible.
                            The steps of life are easily forgotten by those who climb the ladder.

Comment

Originally posted by Azhran
                              I still deserve it...
                              I don't call going to shoot nme instead of getting the flag back deserving it.
                              gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                              gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                              gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Originally posted by GuruMeditation
                                I don't call going to shoot nme instead of getting the flag back deserving it.
                                Usually the enemy are in the flagroom, if they have it :/

Comment

Working...
                                X