Spawner ending suggestion??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PEGASUS said:
    Don't be retarded. People who ask to get rid of priv freqs are people who aren't good enough to fight them. Practice more.
    Dude, gimme a fucking break. You are saying people who are able to type "=666" are inherently more skilled than me? It is to laugh.

As I said, I'm fine playing with the way the arena is now. I am not complaining that I get killed too often by spawners or solo-LTs- I do just fine thank you very much. I just have come to expect very little team play going on in the pubs and I thought it might be nice to nudge us back towards it.

Comment

Originally posted by CloudHelmut
      Dude, gimme a fucking break. You are saying people who are able to type "=666" are inherently more skilled than me? It is to laugh.
      you wouldn't have a problem with private freqers if you could defend yourself against a warbird or LT. sorry, but that's just the way it is.
      3:PEGASiS> double u tee ef?
      3:Spirit> ar oh ef el

MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis if I catch you hiding again I will ban you -Da Farmer!
      MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis, If you do not stop killing your own team <yellow ships on radar> You will be banned from this zone!! Thank you. -YoMama!!!

Hal Wilker> hal likes pegasis to cumshot in his eye.

Comment

Are you dense? I don't have a problem. I kill them all the time. I'm saying these are suggestions for encouraging team play- not to make it more "fair for me". Sheesh.

Comment

The effect of private freqs has little to do with skill. It's not even the private warbirds or leviterr freqs either. It's the private basing freqs. They upset the balance between pub basing freqs and actually have a negative effect on the amount of people on the other two freqs that will base. Worse is when they finally get tired of "ruling" that arena and leave because they will have created a vacuum. Actual basing between the remaining default pub freqs takes longer to return to normal.

Comment

Personally I don't see too much wrong with a few friends going on a private channel and "owning" the pub arena for awhile. It shows the newbs how its done. That's why I thought caps & assistants should still be allowed to set private channels. I would hope they would use it responsibly. (heh, maybe I'm dreaming?)

Comment

I don't think escaping a safe zone should be that difficult.
              Lets just say.... EsCAPING SAFE ZONES WHEN YOU SPAWN IS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE DIFFICULT!!!

ppl will complain their asses for 'trying too hard' to escape the safe zone and play since ppl are SPAWNING AND SITTING at the safe zone..... :fear:
              and someone might buy antiwarp and sit at the safe and ppl wont be able to attach or re-warp.... <_<
              AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

I think a positive change towards making pubs more team and base oriented, the arenas should be altered in two ways:

1 ) No private frequencies:0 or 1 only. Maybe an exception would be captains and assistants could create a freq. (I mentioned this in the "Weasel Nerfed" thread.")

B ) Spawning in an easy to get clear of safe zone. Take away the skeet shooting aspect of the below base area.

My other idea of TK limits I think might be unworkable at the moment, so I won't argue it here. I think I've seen the freq issue discussed here but not the safe zone idea.

What say you?
                They already have a matchbot (dockbot/guanobot) that makes it so -no- private frequencys are alowd, also the bots make it a purepub.. So no levis'
                1:Hydride> who we play next week
                1:ReNdErED> Pandora
                1:ReNdErED> gulp
                1:ReNdErED> if i see Ease im shiftin across map

1:Hydride> best feeling EVER
                1:Hydride> its like if you get sacked and when the pain goes away feeling x 999999999999999999999999
                1:cranium> uve obviously never fucked a plastic bag filled with jelly inbetween the couch cushions
                1:menelvagor> ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL
                1:cranium> talk about a feeling

Comment

Don't get rid of private freq lol. I hate lting on a pub freq. As for spawns, its part of the game and its not illegal, get used to it. As for TK's, javs will be javs.
                  -Bubbles
                  Phillie> lag isnt skill btw F-35
                  Kthx> yes it is, newbie.

Comment

bubbles19518 sadid:
                    Don't get rid of private freq lol. I hate lting on a pub freq.
                    Well that's part of the issue. It's fun to fire away blind because you have no teammates to kill. I have no problem hunting you down and killing you, that's how the game is now. I think it discourages team play however.

As for spawns, its part of the game and its not illegal, get used to it.
                    I am used to it. I think it would encourage team play to implement the changes I suggested (plus Jebu's modifications).

Hydride said:
                    They already have a matchbot (dockbot/guanobot) that makes it so -no- private frequencys are alowd, also the bots make it a purepub.. So no levis'
                    I want levis. Also I would prefer that the pubs were normalized- same basic settings for all.

And Acidbomber, the fact that people can whine about anything means what exactly? That anything I suggest is useless because SOMEONE will whine about it? Get ready for a long frustrating life if you think that. ps- "no anti around spawning zone" - it's a common setting.

Comment

And Acidbomber, the fact that people can whine about anything means what exactly? That anything I suggest is useless because SOMEONE will whine about it? Get ready for a long frustrating life if you think that. ps- "no anti around spawning zone" - it's a common setting.
                      Noo, dont get me wrong, I'm not whining at all... just stating the facts. <_<
                      Is it me or have you played too much EG... everything you said seems like EG... leave TW alone!!
                      AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

No AcidBomber I'm not accusing you of whining. I just don't worry that someone ELSE will whine about not being able to get out of a well protected safe. :P

I really never play EG, maybe been in that zone 3-4 times. I wouldn't want to change the map or ship settings in TW to make it more like EG. However, there are a lot of zones that have a safe zone spawn. I thought of the forced teaming while playing in DSB I'll admit.

Of course, there's always the possibility that we just have too much traffic and player turnover in TW to ever encourage team play in the pubs.

Comment

No AcidBomber I'm not accusing you of whining.
                          Yay! ^-^ ....
                          AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

to encourage team playing, what ships would you encourage to be used? wb, the standalone ship? No, you wouldn't really encourage use of many wbs, would you.
                            But when i looked around the pubs, I found that half the players were wbs. Half of them were dueling around spawn, the rest either in base or dueling up the sides/roof of base.

Originally posted by Disliked
                            Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                            +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Working...
                            X