Cloakers a newb ship now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloakers a newb ship now

I don't see how the changes to Weasels are any improvement over the old ones. Weasels have just become the "pub strayer" monstrosity that lancasters used to be, only these ones have a lot more tools than lancasters did and are a lot harder to kill.

There's been no decrease in the annoyingness of this ship. In fact, I greatly preferred the old changes. At least then you knew you could kill a cloaker once you got them out of stealth. Now, stealth is a thing of the past and thrust-shotting through the middle of base is a norm.

While I'm on that note... why bring the basing lancaster settings into pubs? I find lancasters difficult to predict (and therefore fight against) because there's no telling whether the ship is using multifire or not. The cooldown length/energy use is very different between the two settings and it sucks to fight them.

Pubs have only become less fun for me. Don't fuck with what has worked for years, IMO.

You shouldn't be afraid of change just because it owns you.
    Thrashing> "That'll be 25.99, thank you for buying, please come again"
    Thrashing> "LET'S FUCK!"
    Thrashing> Like that, Ott?
    Catgirl> rofl
    Missy> o.O im so leaving this chat

Kim> hal, say fit of rage sucks ballz
    fit of r> here, i'll do it for you
    fit of r> I SUCK BALLS
    Kim> loool
    fit of r> I LOVE BIG HAIRY MAN BALLS

Comment

I have no problem with good change, I just hate bad change with a passion

I liked the first cloaker change, with the small model. I hate this one.

I just came back and these changes are pissannoying.

Comment

This has been done before. Give it a rest.
        Originally posted by Tone
        It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
        Originally posted by the_paul
        Gargle battery acid fuckface
        Originally posted by Material Girl
        I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Why don't we all stop bitching about the settings for once and play? I think ya'll would find it interesting how much less you'd get killed if you weren't typing complaining.
          DELETED

Comment

This Useless Crap about those weasels! STOP IT or I'll change your butthole into a pipeline
            I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

HandOfDeath: Instead of simply stating
              omfg my spaceship broke down
              please offer an opinion on what could be done
              omfg my spaceship broke down, I say that TW staff should consider public telephones with which to phone a repairman set up for such unfortunates as me, otherwise we'll come and complain about it (we'll do that anyway but quieter)
              As I believe Pure hatred has said... WHINING GETS NOWHERE. You have said weasels are bad (opinion) and they are the new lanc (also opinion, although most will agree this weasel>original lanc in pure power terms) and that lanc is unpredictable(your problem, not really as bad as you make it out to be. you find out what they're using when they shoot. And its not the cooldown, its just energy drain... nonmulti costs less energy)
              But you have just made some complaints, and expected an already pressured staff who I believe have lives of their own to figure out a solution for it. No offence to staff, but I long ago lost all hope that staff could dedicate their whole lives to the betterment of tw. If they did, perhaps it would be perfect and happy and we'd all fly around as happy as can be. But they have lives, and sadly cannot create this ideal TW. They can only do their best, which in some cases turns out to be a mistake either due to them 'doing stuff for the sake of doing it '(ie something needed doing, so they just did... something) or bad planning, or their opinion differing from players opinions. They can never be perfect, who can?

I do agree on you on one point... I too liked to shrinking of the cloaker (I assume thats what you were reffering to) Ever since april fools '02 I played the little weasel and loved it... then they made it permanent.

Originally posted by Disliked
              Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
              +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

yea cloakers do suck now I WANT THE OLD STUFF BACK...stupid whining nerds had to get their way.... ..... :grin:
                Rigor> mastersword im thinking u, me and a bottle of crisco baby
                Mastersword> ROFL
                Mastersword> really?

(TWDBot)>Your squad rating has just changed from 813 to 813, after losing the Javelin match vs dicE. You are #34 in TWJD - For detailed info go to

#21 - Don't forget

Comment

Now? How long has this game been out again?
                  My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Haha, Handofdeath has played last time about 6 months ago. Lots of changes happened after that. ^^
                    megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
                    L K> taught u what?
                    megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
                    9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
                    9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

Originally posted by HandofDeath
                      I don't see how the changes to Weasels are any improvement over the old ones. Weasels have just become the "pub strayer" monstrosity that lancasters used to be, only these ones have a lot more tools than lancasters did and are a lot harder to kill.

There's been no decrease in the annoyingness of this ship. In fact, I greatly preferred the old changes. At least then you knew you could kill a cloaker once you got them out of stealth. Now, stealth is a thing of the past and thrust-shotting through the middle of base is a norm.

While I'm on that note... why bring the basing lancaster settings into pubs? I find lancasters difficult to predict (and therefore fight against) because there's no telling whether the ship is using multifire or not. The cooldown length/energy use is very different between the two settings and it sucks to fight them.

Pubs have only become less fun for me. Don't fuck with what has worked for years, IMO.
                      How has the fact that they can no longer permanently stealth and cloak together made them even harder?
                      USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                      ---A few minutes later---
                      9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                      9:Kim> UM
                      9:Kim> i didn't
                      9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                      9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                      9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                      9:pascone> lol?

Comment

"I hate X very hard."

Comment

I say that weasels should be put back to the way they were before all these recent changes

AND

Take OUT weasels with the "Pure Pub" settings along with levis
                          That way people who actually want to learn how to base can play freely without being bothered by them at all
                          Currently listening to:
                          Valient Thorr - Immortalizer
                          Dead to Me - Little Brother
                          Tim Barry - Manchester
                          Lemuria - Get Better
                          Alkaline Trio - Agony and Irony

Comment

and what would you propose to be done about the spawning wbs or roofers? Why not just eliminate them too and have each team spawn in 1 ear and only be able to use ships 3,2,5,7 and 8

Originally posted by Disliked
                            Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                            +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Cloackers should be removed, seriously.
                              -Kawrae

Comment

Working...
                              X