When you first downloaded this gane..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you first downloaded this gane..

Were you expecting it to take a hold on your life as much as it has?

I know I downloaded it cause I was bored, I went on to downloads.com and had a look at the popular games. Most were either patches, demos, benchmarkers or DirectX. There was one that caught my eye though... "SubSpace, Multiplayer space shooter".

I thought that it looked interesting and would probably cure my boredom for that day. Little did I know...
    Last edited by Ewan; 04-04-2005, 10:09 PM.
    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
    ---A few minutes later---
    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
    9:Kim> UM
    9:Kim> i didn't
    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
    9:pascone> lol?

i just play it when i'm bored. i'm not really addicted. i only really logon now to play twbds or twjds, or to say hello

Comment

Short story into how I found this game and zone, I think I was 14 at the time and 'hanging' in a chatroom with my regular peers when one DCC's me a game that all us users can play togethor, (how exciting to be a part of something for once), so it finishes downloading and we try it out. I suck shit at it. But to the point it was probably the first and last I played it for a while. Then a while later I was bored, saw subspace on my Desktop so I figure I'll go on it. I open the crack, open the client, go into DSB and the crack isn't working. I do a ?help, they tell me to download this new client called Continuum, so I do so. Eventually I am zone hoping and I arrive in Trench Wars, I don't know if I would have stayed if it wern't for discovering British Squad (so blame them). So that's pretty much it, and to answer your question 'Were you expecting it to take a hold on your life as much as it has?' Definitly not. I have a phase of some activity for a month or so then something else, I thought this was just another phase but apparantly not.

Comment

I found it on download.com when I was bored. I couldn't get in though because SubSpace 1.35 was more popular than the version of Continuum at the time accordign to download.com.
        Last edited by Mr. Peanuts; 04-04-2005, 02:04 PM.

Comment

I got introduced by a buddy, he explained it was addicting so I knew going in. I was only really addicted for a shrot while though, and I play once a month or so now.
          The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
          All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

warportal and pollux_ got me into this game. They kept talking about "ships who can carry other ships on their back" and "bullets bouncing and bouncing all over the screen". So I tried it and hey...i'm still here.
            I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

I started hanging at Abyss' place and I watched him playing and tried it a couple of times too. I had no internet connection at that moment but once I got one, first thing I did was downloading Continuum.
              last.fm - Keeping it short

Comment

i got introduced to it by a guy from a different mesageboard, called Modslashxp3. i think he still plays sometimes and is on evolve<d>

Comment

my friends
                  Steve
                  Codeman
                  Joey
                  dELL

Showed me the game and then i didnt think much of it after a while i started playing then i really started likeing it and got addicted, im on altealst 12 hours a day now
                  Big Chill

Comment

My friend introduced me to it and tbh I didn't like it, not untill I found trenchwars. I didnt have enough skill to play in arenas like t3 (and tbh, I still dont). I don't play that often just now and again some days to pass the time, thou I do sometimes hang around it at weekends for events.

Comment

my neighbor introduced me to the game. he used to play under the name yOnKiNaToR way back when. been here, on and off, since i was 12. nine goddamn years of you people and your bullshit. no wonder i'm such a chipper fellow.
                      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

I'd actually been programming my own Spaceship Game at the time, then I found "Subspace 1.34" on entensity.net, downloaded it & couldn't believe it was just how I wanted my game to be. I deleted all my source code & began to let the addiction take hold.
                        Hello Denon it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several days, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Comment

That's funny
                          I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

My brother Ender got it off of one of his friends back in 98, been playing since then. I don't see it taking up a good portion of my life, if I didn't have SS then I'd probably be wasting my time on WoW or some other games.

Comment

I picked up the VIE box from a bargin bin sort of deal for a couple bucks in late 2000 (the unoffical guide that came in the offical box actually made it worth it). I played it off and on until I started working at McDonalds closing during high school when it became addictive in the wee hours after work.
                              People who are rather more than six feet tall and nearly as broad across the shoulders often have uneventful journeys. People jump out at them from behind rocks then say things like, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you were someone else."

Comment

Working...
                              X