New Style Of Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Style Of Hunt

Alright, I was sitting bored out of my mind in ?go javs today and an odd idea popped into my head. The only reason i'm posting it here is so people can give me feedback, and/or express their like/dislike for the idea. (And hell, maybe even find someone who has some fucking clue how to code bots.)

Gameplay:
    Everyone is playing on their own freq in a set ship (the ship is not important.) When the game starts you kill as many people as possible. When you kill ANYONE you receive 5 points, but in return if the person you killed comes back and kills you, you not only lose the 5 points you gained, but you lose an additional 2 (or possibly 3) points. (Double kills count as nothing.) Every new person you kill gives you another 5 points, and every time you kill someone you have already killed you gain 3 (or possibly 2) points. The object is to be the player with the most points after an alloted amount of time. (The amount of time is set by the host.)

Originally, I thought it would be cool to be specced if you were killed by someone you had already killed, but I figuired if this was the case it's very possible to end up with 2 players left like in normal hunt. However, those 2 leftover players may not have the most points so they may not even win.

Personally, I like the speccing idea more, but, as I stated above, I don't want a two player duel to determine the outcome. If you don't feel that, even with the speccing, a two player duel would occur, please say so because it's very posible i'm just being cynical.

Please post your opinion, flame, idea, et cetera.
    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
    Message has been sent to online moderators
    2:BLeeN> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>no
    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
    2:BLeeN> ok then no
    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

well, why dont you get points for double kills? ><; it takes skills la...
    good idea tho. Veh. :P
    AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

Like, you said if you kill someone and they come back and kill you, you lose points. Do you mean immediately after you killed them? Say you killed them, and then killed someone else. If the first person you killed came back and killed you, would you still lose points?

Man, I'm so confused.
      Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
      1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
      1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
      1:Chao <ER>> at all
      1:Mantra-Slider> chao
      1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
      Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
      Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

By double kill I mean I kill you just as you kill me.

And I mean forever panda, so, theoretically, you could have 20 people chasing after you.

Edit: I should have included this, but if you kill a person who has killed you, you gain 7 (or possibly 8) points. This is so you have some incentive to kill the person who killed you, rather than just killing everyone.
        (Overstrand)>no

Comment

Originally posted by Under Dog
          By double kill I mean I kill you just as you kill me.

Oh ... I thought you meant 2fer... mb lol. -_-
          AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

Sounds good in theory, but I am willing to bet that it will just be like a normal FFA, everyone killing everyone.
            USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
            ---A few minutes later---
            9:cool koen> you scorereseted
            9:Kim> UM
            9:Kim> i didn't
            9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
            9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
            9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
            9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Forever? That would be just crazy.
              Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
              1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
              1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
              1:Chao <ER>> at all
              1:Mantra-Slider> chao
              1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
              Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
              Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

I think it's a neat idea. I'd like to see someone implement it.
                "I wanted to buy a candle holder, but the store didn't have one. So I got a cake."

-RIP Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I'd write the bot, provided I got the go-ahead from wherever.

And yeah, it sounds like a cool event. $
                  FREE MANDELA

Comment

Would it be possible to include a feature in which you'd type something like ?killed, and the bot would tell you who's killed you and who you've killed?
                    "I wanted to buy a candle holder, but the store didn't have one. So I got a cake."

-RIP Mitch Hedberg

Comment

It would be possible. However, it's kind of an element of the game to have to remember and think quickly of who you've already killed.
                      (Overstrand)>no

Comment

%killed
                        this is a dated signature

FREE GHB, PH
                        (:3=

Comment

I don't think I would call it a new form of hunt, but another form of deathmatch/team deathmatch. Ie: Point Race Dueling
                          DELETED

Comment

If this works the way I think it does, wouldn't eventually everyones points just plumet toward negative infinity?
                            Hmm, maybe not.

Originally posted by Disliked
                            Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                            +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Sounds fun, but I'd make a special map for it, with lots of different spawnzones. Pointracing sucks if you get spawned all the time
                              I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Working...
                              X