No announcement yet.

Bring Back SB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strikeball league failed because someone had the bright idea to immediately create a 7-8 squad league out of a game that most people haven't even HEARD of. There just isn't the playerbase to support that amount of players that fast.

I'd be happy with just 3-4 squads in a league because then the players in a squad would likely to be commited, and numerous enough to prevent any no-shows.

Comment

Yea...

Yea, so we could make a 2-4 squad league. I need permission from DoCK> to use the site. We would need like 1-2 bots. And, I guess like a staff member or someone to head the league. Whos it gonna be? :fear:

Comment

I've got settings/map tinkering on the to-do list for when school's out (middle of may), but I don't know about a league. I didn't think the map's flow was good enough to support a league quality game last time around, and for sure the playerbase wasn't there. There's going to be TWDT to compete with after TWL, so the timetable's going to be kinda interesting. Maybe some 4 team tournaments as weekend events first?

Comment

Originally posted by wadi
          Maybe some 4 team tournaments as weekend events first?
          The last tourny went amazingly well. run those for a few weeks and people will start to take in interest in sb. an interest is all we need to give people cus the splendidness of the game will do the rest of the work in improving fanbase

Comment

Hm

Kinda hard to have a strikeball tourney, not a lot of people come when the see the ad. We need like the bot that uis being made to be active and then more people will start playing automated games leading up to more cool things.

Comment

Originally posted by moltenrock
              Kinda hard to have a strikeball tourney, not a lot of people come when the see the ad. We need like the bot that uis being made to be active and then more people will start playing automated games leading up to more cool things.
              people would show up for the tourny. they did last time and they would show again.

Comment

Lol

Just cause they showed up once doesnt mean they will do it again. We will get more people once we get automated games going. If we get more people, thats more people interested in the league. ^-^

Comment

Originally posted by moltenrock
                  Just cause they showed up once doesnt mean they will do it again. We will get more people once we get automated games going. If we get more people, thats more people interested in the league. ^-^
                  Past experiments with automation would suggest you are wrong about bots improving population.

Comment

0_0?

Hmm, I haven't heard about the trials before. We could always try again. Nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Bott

Damn, the bot takes a while... :fear:

Comment

how many tries until you accept defeat?
                        The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                        All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Hahaha

A lot :P

Comment

No Surrender, No Defeat eh Molten? You should know better than to keep your own topic alive

In my opinion <ER>'s should host SB and get the game known throughout the public. Question remains if the public really WANTS to know about the game.
                            Put your nose up and shake your rear, spread your wings out, have no fear

Comment

Comment

I'd love to see a strikeball league again.

If possible i'd also like to help organise it.

-jM
                                WiL>How doi fire?
                                J M Power>Esc + Q
                                WiL left arena
                                J M Power>LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X