Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new ?go angellbase Thread (from TWD forum)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nobody can judge a map from the picture, get it active and we'll test it out.

Comment

I'd be in favor of changes that will increase the number of flagroom battles and the importance of having a flag during such a battle. Flagroom accessibility is one major thing that needs to be changed; I think the widening of the cram or the introduction of a second entrance as suggested would be a nice way to do it.

Increasing flagroom size on top of that wouldn't do much good I think, as creating that much space will make warbirds as effective as spiders in flagroom fights (thus resulting in full warbird teams), while I think they are more balanced as plain terrierkillers.

Also it might be an idea to create more javelin holes that are useful for the offence but have little use for defenders (expand midbase to touch the sides of the flagroom maybe?)

Dameon: do I see exit/entrances to the roof on that second map?
      Put your nose up and shake your rear, spread your wings out, have no fear

Comment

Jeansi - The cram entrance would be the same size as the standard, just only 2 of them.

Pixel - I forgot to fill in the sides, I did it in MS Paint with a lasso and drag, then filled in with black paint. In the final, there won't be any holes at the bottom.

Rab - I'm working on uploading it right now

At the entrance to the base. I put 2 extra entries, cause there was a serious lack of an extra, viable, option to going up the center. Cause that just makes another tedious cram, just larger in the mid.

The FR, it needed to be heightened, cause of the length of the room would be too cramped and akward with it's length. But trust me, a spider should still be able to kill a warbird in this flagroom. Considering a spider can take a warbird in the lower section that gives them 4 times as much room to fly around.
        DELETED

Comment

Looks great! Want try it!
          lemar> im seriously gonna get someone to hack your name and disolve that shit sqd of yours

Comment

?go bossbase

play with 2 terrs or 3 hehe

or u could cut bossbase in half and make it an upright base

but true bossbase flagging u need teamwork to make both sides work properly and adjust to hold both flags
            Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

imo those entrances are too easy to break because they are too separated from each other.. i know i can get in everytime with terr without a doubt .. and in the first one the fr is too small..
              Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
              Mirror <ZH> this sucks
              Server> dont worry mirror
              Server> shark fits your tits
              Peace <ZH>> shut up
              Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
              Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
              1:Hercules> im level 90
              1:Hercules> in 9d
              1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
              1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

Yes, I fixed the flagroom size in the 2nd picture.

I figured that the teams would have to man-up on players when they go into the cram. And lets say they see Player X goto the second entrance he'd have to fly over to intercept, possibly have 2 smaller crams going. A very dynamic changing attack, instead of the static 2 shark pushing. Alot more options, and people will probably develop their own strategies once we get going.
                DELETED

Comment

Test Map is up - ?go angellbase
                  DELETED

Comment

Ok another idea I came up with for making a cram more vulnerable without fiddling with the map:

Sharks now need 1200 energy to bomb. How about changeing it to 500?
                    Byebye cram.
                    5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                    5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                    5: Da1andonly> =((
                    5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                    5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                    5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

And hello teamkills! Never
                      DELETED

Comment

Well sharks can mine now too and teamkill but they don't because they don't want to be subbed out :fear:
                        5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                        5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                        5: Da1andonly> =((
                        5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                        5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                        5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell

Here's another try, with an elevated flag from mspaint
                          The reason you created a map with multipul entrances was to get rid of the rep bla bla thing. What I think will happen with a map like this is:

The terr sits in the middle of both entrances, every entrance will be gaurded by 1 shark and 2 spids and we will still have the "shoot shoot rep rep rep die" feature. Could be me tho, lets play some games there.
                          Jason> God said, "Heh, I'm gonna give Eve some nice titties."
                          Dyers eve> God wanted me to have nice titties?
                          Superstar> Yes eve, he does want you to have nice titties. To bad he placed them on the wrong spot. Cup C size balls.

---------------------------------------------------

Greetz Dyers eve

Comment

Barerly anything left that I did :P lol
                            Nice idea of "fattening" the fr, did you mean to take out the small side entrances?

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
                              When you look at the base, you have 1 real path upward and one path into the base. You cram a bunch of spiders and sharks at the top. Game continues into the flagroom when someone fucks up on the defending team. And there is where the game gets a bit crazy. You don't really know what's gonna happen except 2 teams are gonna go for a flag and the terr has got to die eventually and we'll begin again.
                              First of all since you posted this in TWD, I'll approach this as a suggestion for a new map for basing, not as another special map for some random basing event, right?
                              Second before I start telling you why your idea sucks, although I'm not sure if you want basing to be something you can be better at than others, I love how it's always people who fail to be good at something, that btw is already the easiest league out there, who start complaining it's still too difficult. Sure you say it's "dull", but somehow you never hear the players or squads that do manage to win say something is dull. Always losing is dull, winning isn't, except when it goes too easy.
                              Ok now to comment on what you post. You want basing to be a "a bit crazy", and you want to have a league in which you "don't really know what's gonna happen". A very important part to games/sports is to be able to be better at it than others. Especially since this game doesn't have a great storyline or amazing graphics, it means it relies on the gameplay. Making the luck factor the dominant factor will make everyone with the least bit of skill stop basing in no time.

My problem is, there is no thought involved until both teams are in the flagroom at the same time. The defenders know where the attack is gonna come from and when. They know what they're attacking. And they know, if we cram a bunch of spiders and sharks in this small hole, and don't fuck up for 15 minutes, we'll win. The basing game has become a system of tasks that you must do over and over again in an endless loop until the game ends.
                              There is no thought involved in attacking a cram or defending a cram? What? Maybe you should try to involve some thought into it? No offense, but this might well be the key reason why your squad isn't doing so well.
                              As for your argument that it has _become_ a system of tasks. It has always been a system of tasks. Maybe when you started basing you didn't notice this. But when I joined DIsoblige, at first I'd just run around and not care about my position compared to the rest of the team. I quickly learnt that I actually had a job to stay in position. Ever since TWLB became competetive it has been like that. In TWLB your role is more important than your individual skill, unlike in TWLD and TWLJ, in which you first need a lot of individual skill before you can even think of playing a certain role. This is why TWLB is easier to become competetive at, except when you don't know each ship has it's role.

I want to propose to have 3 viable, feasable entrances to the flag room. We have the two side entrances, but they're so horribly crammed that a team can't make any swift move up there. I mean 3 holes that are the same size (or close) to the center path.
                              I have never seen a good squad have serious problems getting into lower base quickly. Even in TWL games you often see a terr get back in toe FR before the other team has it's defense restored. Maybe it's what differs good terrs from average terrs. I wouldn't mind this change though, since it won't differ much to the outcome of matches, at most the enemy would be back sooner each time and I'd be able to get more kills a game..

And then make 2 entrances into the flagroom. More flagroom battles less dicking around with sharks sumoing eachother and spiders taking pot shots behind them. More tactics and less monotony of "shoot shoot rep rep rep die shoot shoot rep rep rep die".

And with the more action inside the flagroom, make it larger with more objects inside it. Still keep the one flag inside of it. Just more room to move and dodge and fight.
                              I know something that's even more fair. Let's have a big open arena with a flag in the middle and we spawn around it! It'll bring the game so much more tactics than actually having tactics. Plus a lot of dodging and fighting.

Basing version 2.0. More flagroom battles, more action, more flag contention, and less hiding behind sharks.
                              Too bad it will require no actual skill and it will end up being a fucking bore with only non-skilled players or newbies playing it. What's bad about hiding behind sharks..? I always thought that it's a very important tactical aspect of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyers eve
                                every entrance will be gaurded by 1 shark and 2 spids
                                Too easy to break. Terr sets port close to cram 1. Then team will attack with 5 spiders vs. 2 spiders in cram 2. With 5 spiders cram will be really easy break. If defencing team gets more spiders to defence cram 2, terr will warp to cram 1 and they are in. Mmm yeah but guys hoped more flagroom action. :> There will be that.
                                lemar> im seriously gonna get someone to hack your name and disolve that shit sqd of yours

Comment

Working...
                                X