I'm a bit disapointed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a bit disapointed

I was playing in pure pub, around 10 am (local time) and lots of people were playin the yellow ship. Ofcourse they tked a lot, and some of them actually tried to tk us. I completely understand when someone misses a shot, and tk's some guys but these guys just kept shooting like a duck with a machine gun. Bombing entrance while we were trying to enter, shooting bombs in fr ears, to "test new shots" etc.
    I decided to do a ?help call to stop the tking, but no mods were online. Only one I could see was P_L, but he was afk or something (since hi didn't respond). So there was no one to stop these guys from tking

So what's the use of mods when they're not online 24/7?
    I'm not saying you guys are doing a bad job, but it's a bit frustrating to get tked over and over again, without anyone giving them a warning.
    I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Yesterday there were also NO <ER> online at some time. Trench Wars needs more staff. yes... EVEN MORE.
    help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

It's currently probably the worst time in the world for internet/online games. In North America, it's the middle of the night, and in most parts of Europe it's in the early morning. I believe that practically all of the moderators except 1 live in NA or Europe.

Second of all, they aren't payed to play this, so it's stupid to expect that either the staff coordinator or the moderators themselves should be alert 24/7 to heed to your beck and call...
      sdg

Comment

I'm not saying that ONE mod should be online 24/7, but I'm sure there are a lot of people, active and capable enough, who could be promoted to mod so we wouldn't have this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
          It's currently probably the worst time in the world for internet/online games. In North America, it's the middle of the night, and in most parts of Europe it's in the early morning. I believe that practically all of the moderators except 1 live in NA or Europe.

Second of all, they aren't payed to play this, so it's stupid to expect that either the staff coordinator or the moderators themselves should be alert 24/7 to heed to your beck and call...
          Why is it stupid to expect that TW operates in the way it is supposed to operate?

Comment

Yeah, as I have said, the job of being staff does entail that you serve the players because isn't that what it's for?

Comment

I'm always on at that time. Pity it was such bad timing because I went out for an hour and a half with mother to do shopping, otherwise you wouldn't have had a problem.

Comment

auw
                Still good to know that someone actually is online at that time of the day

Comment

I've noticed that around 9am - 2pm GMT there are few/if any mods/staff in general online.

Rudy & CK I've seen tho.
                  >o-/\/\mmmmmmmmmm/-<o<<-<

Comment

Rudy does an awesome job, but I think he could use a little hand

Comment

Yeah I agree.

Comment

I agree that there should probably be more moderators (or maybe just ones that play more) but it's really annoying when people whine about things like this. I don't think it happens ALL the time, and like I said, until you have someone giving a salary to the staff, there will NEVER be someone online ALL the time to host something or take a cheater call.

There is no schedule for moderators to be online. They don't have to come online if they don't want to, and even if they are online, they don't HAVE to take every single call if they don't want to.
                        sdg

Comment

It can't be that hard to find reliable, trustworthy players that don't abuse their powers, can it? ^-^

I mean, why axe a <zh> that doesn't take enough help calls per month. Even if he only takes 2, it's still 2 less for the others to handle.
                          5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                          5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                          5: Da1andonly> =((
                          5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                          5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                          5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Because that's a wasted spot that someone that is actually helpful could have.
                            sdg

Comment

Stab,
                              i'm not saying you guys are doing a bad job. But why not make sure that there's a mod online, 24/7. Doesn't have to be the same mod, duh
                              But It wouldnt be bad to have more mods i think

Comment

Working...
                              X