No announcement yet.

RE: Lev.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

levis and levi mark IIs should remain in the game always and 2 pure pubs should be the final solution for those who dont like it. nothing more needs to be done

Comment

Even though people have been saying that levis have ruined their way of playing the same way you've been claiming that weasels have ruined yours? And trust me, there have been more complaints about levis over the years than there were about cloakers. All the arguments you used about the weasel being annoying can just as well be applied to the levi.

Comment

sorry shas.

Originally posted by Disliked
        Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
        +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
          Even though people have been saying that levis have ruined their way of playing the same way you've been claiming that weasels have ruined yours? And trust me, there have been more complaints about levis over the years than there were about cloakers. All the arguments you used about the weasel being annoying can just as well be applied to the levi.
          you can see a levi and if you press Esc A you can also see two pure pubs

Comment

You can see a levi but you need to be far from the wall it bombs to survive it. Not only that, but even the levis on your own team are often just as annoying as the ones on the enemie's freq. That alone makes it more annoying than weasels. Far more people have been saying the levi's cheap for far longer than anyone's been complaining about the weasel.

As for the "you can always go to the purepub" argument, there's a couple of problems with that stance. First, the purepubs get filled up so often switching to them isn't an option. Second, that's a much weaker defence than the "change to a ship with x radar" argument that people made when you complained about cloakers. Changing arenas is a much bigger and unnecessary move than changing ships. If you didn't accept that argument with weasels then the argument for levis should be even less acceptable.
            Last edited by Troll King; 05-25-2005, 01:41 AM.

Comment

i guess there should be a 3rd pure pub but not over night when theres hardly any pubs. the Mark II should come in on weekends too for sure

Comment

Ari is the best, don't bitch about ari.
                help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
                  It was a test only from what I understand and the majority of the population liked it, arenas were full of activity and the people who didn't like it.. I convinced most of them I talked to that it was the best move for the zone. Give ari some time to play with it and read through all the feed back before we make it permanent. If you ask him maybe he'll put the mark2 in for this weekend.
                  I agree that it was clearly communicated that it was a weekend test.

But how can a single weekend test determine popularity or feasibility? What I saw during the weekend was everyone jumping into the ship to give it a test drive, most of the pubs had many times the normal amount of Levs puttering around. So my opinion is that the only thing that the special weekend settings proved is that when you make fairly large changes to a ship settings, people are curious and will try it out.

And as far as feedback goes, isn’t it true that it is most likely that the people with the strongest opinions will go to the trouble of providing feedback? The feedback I saw was strongly to one side or the other of the issue.

Perhaps the best approach is to simply leave the special arena with those settings and see if it stays full, allowing demand to determine if that is the way the ship settings should stay.

Comment

Everyone will see what they want Eph. A lot of people were testing it out yes but if you checked out the bases a lot of players were basing (meaning not using a levi, freqs fighting each other). I meant without LTs keeping people outside of the base people will gravitate to it, for fun, because it's there, for whatever reason.

Everyone has the chance to post their opinions of the mark2 and on the current levi. The views are strong on both sides probably, people against the current levi I think are a little better at talking about and accepting change. Most players I think are happy the levi's settings are going in that direction though, even if they feel the ship was under powered.

I think Pure Publics and the state of basing inside the publics are evidence enough that something needed to be changed Eph, I've already said figure some way to leave the LT and Pure Publics/MK2 open (split half and half.. let people decide...) but I still think people will goto the non levi/LT publics anyways given the option. It's an okay idea but I can see how it will play out.

In the end Ari will have to decide on it, not any of us and we now have the chance to make suggestions and influence change but it is not my fault if LT pilots don't care for reading the forums, they barely care about the game anyways.

Comment

I've already said figure some way to leave the LT and Pure Publics/MK2 open (split half and half.. let people decide...) but I still think people will goto the non levi/LT publics anyways given the option.
                      How are they going to decide? Theres around 500 people who are playing trenchwars at most times, and probably several thousands who have played in the past 10 days. (the 500 you see isnt the same 500 people playing 24/7) Of those players, how many are members of this board and use the board at least once a week or more? Not many. if you got everyone on the board, youd get a lot of personality on this board with a lot of different opinion, unlike how it is now. Sometimes i think this board is 3 or 4 guys with 30 names each, talking to each other, varying their writting style and opinions slightly

Pubs are filled and almost filled to begin with, especially ones near the top of the list. thats why even if theres just 6 or 7 extra people attempting to get into a particular pub at any givin time, a pure pub for example, it makes it seem always full and hard to get into. that doesnt equate to being super demand, just a few extras wanting pure pub at any given time will make it like that.

Comment

I'm not entirely sure, but I would think what would and could help them decide would be listening to the people that care about the game enough to go through slaying the dragons and completing all the quests required to create a forum account in order to discuss the game.

Wait.. What?... It isn't as hard as all that? What do you mean all it requires is an email address? But if it's that simple the forums will surely be over run by tidal wave of players, right?

Tone, please stop trying to bullshit your way through everything you write here, because people CAN see through it. You're not chicken little, and the sky is most assuredly not falling. All you DO is LT and fly around in spawn. People know this, and you trying disguise what you want by saying "but there's hundreds more people, they might agree with me!". It's nonsense, since they don't give a shit enough to put in their two cents, then they can just deal with the results (kind of like they're already doing). The majority of the people that actually -give- a crap about the pubs have been saying for longer than you've been here, that there is a problem. Hell, they've been saying it for longer than I've been here too.
                        "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tone
                          How are they going to decide?
                          It's not democatic but at least upper staff will take input from players. If you can't see basing struggling in regular publics Tone or see how popular it really is without LT runining the game play, then everyone really is right about you.

I wouldn't say 500 people play public everyday or that thounds actually login to TW either. TW is barely holding onto 400-450 these days and that's spread out between: Duel, Base, Elim and Belim, wbduel, SubArena Events ect ect.. Publics can have more of an impact on the zone and in the long run leauges and other games so that's why people are worried about it mostly. People who are "more into" TW or care about the zone will be the majority of people posting on this topic, I don't see how anyone is not being represented, even when it doesn't really matter it still isn't my problem or staff's.

Comment

It's not democatic but at least upper staff will take input from players. If you can't see basing struggling in regular publics Tone or see how popular it really is without LT runining the game play, then everyone really is right about you.

I wouldn't say 500 people play public everyday or that thounds actually login to TW either. TW is barely holding onto 400-450 these days and that's spread out between: Duel, Base, Elim and Belim, wbduel, SubArena Events ect ect.. Publics can have more of an impact on the zone and in the long run leauges and other games so that's why people are worried about it mostly. People who are "more into" TW or care about the zone will be the majority of people posting on this topic, I don't see how anyone is not being represented, even when it doesn't really matter it still isn't my problem or staff's.
                            514 people on right now LEVIS AND LTS ARE A BRILLIANT PART OF THE GAME. THEY MUST BE POPULAR SINCE KOLAR ALWAYS SEES SO MANY AND HAS A PROBLEM WITH THEM

Comment

514 people on right now LEVIS AND LTS ARE A BRILLIANT PART OF THE GAME. THEY MUST BE POPULAR SINCE KOLAR ALWAYS SEES SO MANY AND HAS A PROBLEM WITH THEM
                              But tone, so were cloakers popular and yet you still complained about them

Comment

But tone, so were cloakers popular and yet you still complained about them
                                Yea well cloakers are an entirely different story, the ship couldnt even be seen goodness sake. besides the anti levs have their pure pubs, and most of these guys complaining dont even pub much or just stay in pure pubs.

Comment

Working...
                                X