Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes

I've been playing on this zone off and on for a while, mainly in the sub arenas to avoid the offbeat shenanigans that lurk in the Pubs and insists on namecalling in order to boost their e-ego. Anyway, occasionally I run across sub-arenas that I find enjoyable yet when I put in a request for them to be hosted they never are, or no host just doesn't feel that it needs to be hosted. I respect that.

To name a few; Trenchwars Streets, Island, Weirdball, Pocketarmy, and some of the racing arenas. The first three however are never hosted, unless I miss it. It's understandable that Trenchwars Streets isn't quite complete as far as houses, but there's really no point in hiding in them since most will die among the hands of the roaming vehicles. Island is the same, but I feel there are enough houses to accommodate the number of players.

Pocket Army is an arena I occasionally stop by in, I notice it's usually active in the evenings(eastern time). I'm sure Event Referee's have noticed it's frequent popularity but again it's one of the ignored arenas. It's enjoyable even with a handfull of people, I can imagine it be even more fun with a larger group if hosted. Weirdball I've only played once, I can't speak for everyone but I enjoyed it equally as about any other event.

I don't know if Event Referee's have to go by a schedule of what they host. If not, then I am making a suggestion that those three arenas above and the racing arenas be hosted. Even if just as a weekend event. I'd like to see atleast one week where something different is hosted than your everyday hunt, fishies, superbeast, ufc and whatever else that's hosted everyday.

Another thing I'd like to bring up, usually when an ER finishes hosting a game, there's always a high demand for it to be hosted again(ie. superbeast2, twcity, high school, etc). Usually the arena stays packed to see if the ER will give in and fulfill the wish. I'm asking if ER's would for once fulfill those request.

To me the sub-arenas are what makes this game, I certainly don't find this zone's basing aspect enjoyable. That's my input on changes I think should be made from a player's perspective, feel free to comment and or add to my list of arenas that should be hosted.

Don't Spam ?help with host requests again please. Once every few hours is good enough.

Kyace hosted TWstreets a few weeks ago, the map is only good for zombies from what I saw. It wasn't fun, there was way too much spawning, no turreted ships meaning the game lasted well over 30 mins and the players lost intrest in the game fast. I'm not a big fan of twcity or town, they're fun but the copies are just unbearable to play.

Pocketarmy is fun and has enough content to be its own zone but there's no game an ER can really host there, maybe turning on the TKWatcher and that's about it. Killing is too random for elimination, hunt would never work, I don't see what an ER can do there besides let people go nuts unrestrited and I don't think PL would like us to be wasting zoners like that. SDP's maps generally support a good number of people alone anyways.

Event Refs host whatever they want when they feel like it basicly. I try not to host Zombies or whatever 20 people are spamming to us with ?help. Talk to Shayde about those events for the weekend and don't get banned over something stupid like help abuse .
    Last edited by Kolar; 06-01-2005, 09:50 PM.

Comment

everyone likes zombies, those are just different forms of zombies.

zombies
      zombies3
      babyzombies (or something)
      twcity
      twtown
      twstreets
      jurassic
      highschool
      middleschool
      island

theres more.
      thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Zombies get hosted too much to be a game where you have 10 mins of boring waiting and then maybe 2 mins of fun. (running :/)

Yeh, hosts should host some weird crap too... Not necessarily better than others but at least different. And you can think of new ways to host old arenas too... I remember once when I got Melo host zombies in ?go capture (the lower part of the arena, wbs zombies and terrs humans) Oh and I've always wanted to try some open area basing in ?go black.

Yea yea, I know the hosts will do what they want but don't they ever get bored of hosting zombies for the zillionth time? :/

Comment

Originally posted by Kuukunen
          Zombies get hosted too much to be a game where you have 10 mins of boring waiting and then maybe 2 mins of fun. (running :/)
          That's why you go find the zombies. And I'm really not kidding. It's a lot more fun that way ^-^

Just a quick question to anyone who has played twcity/town: Has anyone started a blob lately?

Comment

I agree with Kuuk: Zombies are being hosted too much. And if staff aren't hosting zombies, then it's hunt. And if not hunt, then boki.
            megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
            L K> taught u what?
            megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
            9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
            9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

Requested events don't get hosted. But cheer up, zombie gets hosted.. alot.. in different forms.
              I don't see that if 75% of the events you host is a zombie event, why not make a bot for it.
              You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Isnt some bot logging what has been hosted? And question is - can we see those logs? Or at least top 5 (10) arenas and/or hosters?
                Plutarch: "To find a fault is easy; to do better may be difficult."

Comment

There is indeed being monitored what events are hosted. For the last month we had around 180 different arenas hosted. This is the top 5:

1. hunt - 24
                  2. freezetag - 22
                  3. boki - 22
                  4. twcity - 22
                  5. deathmatch - 19

Please note that this data is a indication. Sometimes the logs are down due to database conflicts, so the data isn't 100% accurate
                  Greets,
                  Roger

Comment

Yeah, and as zombies are hosted in different arenas, you won't get the right picture from those numbers.

Oh and if zombies really is so popular, let's just make an automatic bot for 24/7 zombies. <_<

Comment

oh yea i forgot that highschool was still in tw, Twerp we have to update it lol
                      Big Chill

Comment

i thought this was going to be about 2pac
                        violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                        [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

I was hoping for David Bowie myself

Comment

shit i thought this was gonna be about 2pac

Comment

Hostin

What about good ol gatez , gatez2
                              cause it is f*ckin awesome.

beware the gatekeeper
                              sigpic

Im gonna slash and gash, rip another hole in your ass.
                              I'll smear blood on the walls and then play
                              tennis with your balls, and if the phone rings dont answer the caLL.
                              im gonna slit yo throat, fuk u like a goat
                              i'LL rip yo fore skin off and make a winter coat. PEACE!

Comment

Working...
                              X