Pub Timed Matches Pt.II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pub Timed Matches Pt.II

Too many pages to read through on past threads. Sorry if I am recycling from an older post :P

For what it's worth, I can only say that the best thing to have happened to pub in years is the use of the new bot's and the timed matches that have been taking place.

I have noticed that the 1st pub arena on the arena list usually has 35 - 37 players. Always playing the waiting game to get into to this arena, as the timed match's have really made playing pub have some meaning as to what basing is about.

Is it me or does pub 2 arena only have occassional timed matches? If only on occassion, this should also be a full time - timed base match.
    IMHO
    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

...this has nothing to do with the base time pub matches, but i got an idea I went to Chaos the other week and they had a plugin on how many players were on specator well this gave me an idea since so many people wanna play/watch pub base games, i was thinkin instead of how many max of the players there are in each arena well why not let 36 players play and the rest of them can sit there and wait there turn. For Example if there are more than 40+ players you type to the bot !waitturn,ship and the bot places you in when a player leaves.
    TWLD Champion 2014
    TWDTB Champion 2013
    TWDTB Champion 2016
    TWDTB Champion 2017
    TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
    -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

I was thinking they should create 16 player pubs solely for timed matches. But then we'd have a Hockey Zone situation on our hands.

Comment

What do you mean by "hockey zone situation"?

Also if you wanna play 8v8 timed game, then ?go base, that's why I don't like changing the pub too much towards hard core basing.

Comment

You can't have one pub with more max players then in another pub. All the pubs are the same, and if you change one pub, the other pubs will change too. Maybe with a bot that only lets 16 people enter.
          help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

8v8 in ordinary pub wont ever work. You need a TEAM for 8v8 basing which is something the pure pub misses. Still it might be interesting to experiment with ship restrictions in some pub (from light one - ie max 5javs/team to very tight ones closer to bd lineups) I dont say that this would be good. I just would like to see this tested! Only give it a try, please.
            Plutarch: "To find a fault is easy; to do better may be difficult."

Comment

Originally posted by Kuukunen

Also if you wanna play 8v8 timed game, then ?go base, that's why I don't like changing the pub too much towards hard core basing.
              Not a great option for a pub player as they will sit in spec and not get to play 95% of the time. I've seen a few ppl sit there and not get picked whilst the captains go SPAM YOUR CHATS ! and wait for someone they recognise while the ppl in spec ask to be put in and aren't. ?go base isn't the most friendly or welcoming of places and most would rather just jum in a ship than wait ane be picked etc...

But i agree with Volny anyways 8vs8 wouldn't work that great in pub as they wouldn't be enough players being the right ships considering in pub there are few sharks and spiders and many javs .

I liked PrOnEsSim's idea though
              In my world,
              I am King

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kuukunen

What I mean by hockey zone is that you can't actually get in to play sometimes because there are too many players in the game. Sure, its easy for you to say that seeing as you're a well established player, but have you seen the elitist crap that goes in in ?go base? If you wanna BD go play a BD. Base is for other players, not only your squad members. for a newbie who would like to get into basing, it is quite hard.

Edit: Didn't read PD's post but he hit the nail on the head.
                Last edited by Mr. Peanuts; 06-03-2005, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Pub is pretty nice now, dont push your luck. If you change it too much, it wont be pub anymore.

Comment

Yea it will be a night club. :x

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
                      What I mean by hockey zone is that you can't actually get in to play sometimes because there are too many players in the game. Sure, its easy for you to say that seeing as you're a well established player, but have you seen the elitist crap that goes in in ?go base? If you wanna BD go play a BD. Base is for other players, not only your squad members. for a newbie who would like to get into basing, it is quite hard.

It's not THAT bad. I've tried playing base with alt nick and got picked. Yea I've seen those retards too who refuse to pick the last few people just because they don't know them. But I don't think it's even half of the games where caps know all their players. Of course it's worse at some hours, but at some hours everyone can play for sure.

You might say there's practically always few people left in spec, but those people are not always the same. And one thing newb ?go basers should know that you actually can ask to be put in and it works. Just as long as you don't do it an annoying way. If you don't act like a retard and ask if you get in, many captains will listen to you.

Comment

True, I've recently been picked in base more often. But still, there should be some form of induction for the new players.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
                          better than my thumb which is what i normal end up hitting ><
                          In my world,
                          I am King

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X