Vet Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vet Week

I had this idea, that if done properly, would be awesome. It would take some work from staff to put all the settings into place, but just think of the outcomes it would have. Plus it would be something new (real old) and spice TW up a bit.

example ideas:
    -Baseelim combined with elim (let everyone remember the 60 people games--->can see some nice scores)
    -Jav Shrap back in Elim and twjd
    -Change the lanc back everywhere
    -Nockm's idea about the resolution changing back to big, I'm sure it could be done for a week if anything
    -Try and get as many vets to come back and visit as possible, this is a big one
    -Get all the old squads going around again, get them going in TWD too (love to see like an alumni game siege vs elu)
    -Eliminate the ban of levis in pubs...and all the cover-ups for LT shots (haha I'd like to LT with PL sometime, prob a little rusty)
    -Try and re-hire possible ex-staff for the week to host events (Mr. 420 <ER>, even tho he was prob a ZH)
    -Make current Mods/Smods go back to their ZH and ER names in good fun
    -Only host events that were popular a few years ago (no bluebase, altbase, etc.)
    -Host vet vs. newbs games in arenas
    -Conclude the week with a Hall of Fame arena....have everyone go to .?go HallofFame and then announce whoever vets deem as the best....this shouldnt have newbies say in it, no offense, just most of you guys havent seen people play...i say find the 20 oldest vets or so and have them vote....can be like: <Name> <their banner> <titles won> <high baseelim (elim) score> <squads on>

I'm not a vet or anything, but i'd love to see something of this nature happen...could use some good planning, with different events each day. Wouldn't be too hard to come about I'd say. Let me know what you all think, feedback about ideas and if you'd be interested in it ^-^
    -genes
    Last edited by genes; 06-08-2005, 06:31 AM.
    lol GA trying to make a joke:

1:Golden_Aim> sle
    1:sleuth> sup
    1:Golden_Aim> you wanted the bd for saturday?
    1:Golden_Aim> is your dada gay
    1:sleuth> ?
    1:revolt> rofl
    1:revolt> ur so bad
    1:Golden_Aim> LOL
    1:Golden_Aim> DAMN
    1:sleuth> i dont get it
    1:Golden_Aim> im laffin irl im so bad

Sweeper> .?ignore is for weaklings

That would be quite cool, but I doubt it will happen.

Staff only seem to change shit that involves their precious BASING.

I'd like to see some old shit too. Send Pure_Luck back to ZH when Mefod (is it Mee-fod or Mef-od???) hooked that son up.

I'd also wana see the elim/baseelim merge for a while and watch the javnewbs wailing because people were playing a real ship.

Anyone remember ForumSpec, slowbobs forum shit. That was quite cool, CoT was a good admin. I remember once I posted a reply and he had replied to it before the page had loaded, in the days of 56k. What a nutter

Comment

You pretty much summarized it in your 1st sentence. If done well, it would be nice (read different) event. :up:

Comment

1 thing to add to that
        Old skool hosting
        I say kill the bots for the week and have some real hosting done.
        Definately get tigerex back and put him on staff and let him show ya how its done :grin:
        STARKITTY
        A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

Tigerex couldnt host my grandmother.

I had tournaments comin out the wazoo

Comment

I think first you'd have to make a clear definition as to what a vet is, or else you're just going to get alot of bickering.

Tiger was on a week or so ago, he said he might be back during the summer holidays, but don't qoute me on that.

Comment

Didn't he head off to Uni?

So yeah he'll be home for the summer most likely!

Comment

Originally posted by genes
                I had this idea, that if done properly, would be awesome. It would take some work from staff to put all the settings into place, but just think of the outcomes it would have. Plus it would be something new (real old) and spice TW up a bit.

example ideas:
                -Baseelim combined with elim (let everyone remember the 60 people games--->can see some nice scores)
                -Jav Shrap back in Elim and twjd
                -Change the lanc back everywhere
                -Eliminate the ban of levis in pubs...and all the cover-ups for LT shots (haha I'd like to LT with PL sometime, prob a little rusty)
                -Make current Mods/Smods go back to their ZH and ER names in good fun
                -Only host events that were popular a few years ago (no bluebase, altbase, etc.)

I'm not a vet or anything, but i'd love to see something of this nature happen...could use some good planning, with different events each day. Wouldn't be too hard to come about I'd say. Let me know what you all think, feedback about ideas and if you'd be interested in it ^-^
                -genes
                I think if you'd cut it down to this it might actually work. I think it's a pretty good idea, too.
                sigpic
                What is even the elblow?

Comment

Well this is just a stupid idea, in pretty much every single way.

- Baseelim and elim arenas were split apart for a reason, no one could stand those games anymore, although at that time we were forced to
                  - Shrapnel would be cool, although, as it takes much more skill to dodge those along with bombs. On the other hand, most of the new players would get pissed as they couldn't dodge worth crap
                  - Limiting the resolution was under serious discussion when it was done, people aren't complaining about it anymore (except for the whiny bitsh Nockm)
                  - Some of the 'vets' still play here, the new people just do not recognise them. And the ones that have quit have no desire to come back. It would be cool to meet old friends, though, but I doubt they're into this
                  - Getting old squads in TWD would just fux0r the system, besides with the current state, Siege vs Elusive would be like Militaris vs Warpath, most of the players have past their prime time. It would be interesting, though. Wouldn't take long for them to regain their playing level
                  - Trench Wars public basing got screwed a long time ago, removing the obstacles would only remind people how fun it used ot be
                  - Ex-staff, such as myself, would only do harm in the staff. There's no point in getting unqualified people to try to run the zone. That would server no one.
                  - Same goes for making mods ERs etc. Do you think they could actually host anything anymore?
                  - The current events are fine, although I agree that nostalgic events every now and then would be cool. But if what you meant was the truely old days, there would be no event but deathmatch.
                  - Hall of Fame would be the only good idea, although a lot of people don't remember the 'old days' anymore and most didn't play back then, so it'd be hard, very hard. And like said before, they'd all be rusty as hell, so some 'vet' who still plays, Sika for example, would just murder them all

Other than that it's a great idea. I'd like to relive the old days, and it would be a new experience for the majority of TW. But it'll never work.
                  Domi> I'll take right one, you take left..truce
                  USS Banana> ok
                  Domi> on a sidenote Samurai and Strike are hunted
                  Get ready. Game will start in 10 seconds
                  USS Banana> you arent playing
                  Domi> made too many plans and forgot to play

Nowyoudie> Sika once talked to me
                  Nowyoudie> He said !ready

Comment

I gotta agree it won't work, not to mention it will take off a lot of the lustre to see some of these vets who retired near there peak and get schooled by aznwarbird57.
                    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

For one of those maps u can host to feel oldschool, Host Trenchopol (trenchopoly) its a very old map by sdp b4 people starting bringing LVZ to tw
                      Big Chill

Comment

It just cruel reminding me that there is no shrap! I miss shrap!!!! Bring it back forever! Shrap was fun :grin:
                        aCa@squadless

Comment

Surely Nick didnt mean to offend aznwarbird57

Comment

Get Jedi <er> and slowbob back! ldsmile:

Comment

Yeah, don't get unqualified ex-staffers like Disq on. He'll just use the N-Bomb on teamspeak again. ROFLLOLOL
                              RaCka> how can i get you here
                              death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
                              RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
                              death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Working...
                              X