No announcement yet.

Make changes in TW. Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that proposal system is wack. Why make it so complicated?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Typhoon 3
      that proposal system is wack. Why make it so complicated?
      Originally posted by qan
      Yep yep! It's a necessary part of the system, I think, for the public to be able to openly view proposals. That's why the proposal archive was created alongside TWPS. It houses proposals pending review among upper staff members, those that have been rejected, and the success stories that have been accepted and eventually, implemented into TW.

Check out the archive here:

http://forums.trenchwars.org/forumdisplay.php?f=97

In regard to your questions, RascaL, Epi is right on the mark there. We want people to be serious about what they propose, and we want to know who is doing the work (not just a paragraph that says, "Hey, someone should really do this"). This does require some initiative finding people who will help you on your project. But you'd be surprised at how many people there are who want to help. Talk to me and I'd be glad to get you in touch with some talented and resourceful individuals who may lend a hand.

In response to your second question, absolutely. Adding is definitely part of the system, which falls under the 'Independent' class of proposal (as opposed to 'Reform' which takes old stuff and makes it better).

It may seem daunting, but really, once you get started making a proposal is not that hard. Take a look at the proposals that have been submitted so far, and the sample proposal on the TWPS site for an idea of how it should look.

Thanks for the interest!
      If you read it, it will come to you.
      People who are rather more than six feet tall and nearly as broad across the shoulders often have uneventful journeys. People jump out at them from behind rocks then say things like, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you were someone else."

Comment

i dont know how this works and i tried to "submit proposal" but i got an email back saying the address didnt exist so i'm going to just post in this

why can't teams !cancel during a game anymore in twd. used to be a productive command now you cant cancel when stupid (A)'s accept games
        violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
        [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

So the solution is not to have stupid (A)'s?
          USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Following the Co-signers heading, the section must include the following statement:
            The following individuals hereby pledge as co-signers their complete support to the preceding proposal in placing or agreeing to have placed their primary SubSpace name, primary email address and date below. Those who are members of Trench Wars staff have SS names listed in italics. (...)
            For the purpose of quick review, every proposal must be submitted with the same basic format and layout. Proposals can be in straight text (txt), rich text (rtf) or Word document (doc) format.
            I wonder how you can do italics in a txt file.

Comment

New forum opened up for proposal discussion and creation! Get that signature on your budding proposal you've always wanted, receive feedback on what you've developed, or ask a silly question. Please see:

http://forums.trenchwars.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106
              "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
              -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Qan the files you use to show the proposals, im on Windows RG edition at work. What program do you use to open those.
                Juice "Oh my god, when I encounter authority, they just give me more pills. I take the pills and then I'm not so... so anxious to be against authority because I'm... I'm... I'm on the pills."

Comment

Take the rtf files and use wordpad.

Comment

Wait Wrong Thread!

Comment

i think making a poll is easier and if staff are to stupid to sort out the serious ones from the idiotic ones thats there fault

Comment

I think the whole point is that you have to be committed enough to the idea that you are willing to do a little bit of work
                        USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

presumably to eliminate whiners who say "Do this, staff should do this, unless they're lazy and crap and newb staff they should do this"
                          So naturally the TWPS system owns these whiners 5x over unless they can back up their words with actions.

Originally posted by Disliked
                          Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                          +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

its all a lie the system was created to keep people playing the game as much as possible and eventually invite their friends to play if they're not too embarassed to share the addiction. The truth is they really dont care what the players have to say unless they're in high authority. So dont get your hopes up for something that wont happen anyway its just like creating a new version of crack telling people there's a possibility of getting a 3 hour buzz instead of an 8 minute buzz. Its all lies avert your eyes.
                            www.myspace.com/419plus1

Comment

you gimp

Imp you gimp, they wouldnt do this if for the hell of it, im sure qan has way better things to do, but instead he has to review how ever many proposals and work out what are good and bad and then go through the procedure so dont be a prat and mock those who at least try and help make tw better.
                              :eek:
                              HTF <ER>> yes because i like 14 year old boys pretending to be female
                              Lance> Here is BCG's song
                              Social Lif> i bet u stole it fron utube >.>
                              HTF <ER>> thats what gets me hot
                              :eek:

Comment

Working...
                              X