Hey, It's only a game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R1pp3r
    You are the one missing my point completely. I never said it was either right or wrong to use racism, nor that it is wrong of people to take actions against it. Of course racism is wrong; everyone with a bit of common sense knows that. I’m not trying to blame anyone here. In my opinion however it is silly to get offended by racism over an internet game. It seems to me that you are just deliberately misinterpreting my personal opinions in ways that will best benefit your anti racism campaign.
    No, the fact that you "never said it was either right or wrong to use racism" IS the point. What you did say is that you don't understand why I was offended, and I explained that it wasn't a matter of being offended but knowing right from wrong. You focused only on the "being offended" part but ignored the true moral issue. That's not a misinterpretation of your opinion. It's saying that your opinion is missing the point.

Comment

Originally posted by King Baba
      :shaun:

his post is racist against sheep.. ban him, the sheep is black therefore must be racially associated and sheeps suck so take what you want from a black animal that sucks and disprove it as racism.

suggested 12 month ban.
      LoPIST> i have tons of leet freinds

Comment

I was merely trying to say that people shouldn’t take such great offence by people insulting you over the internet; even if racism and whatnot isn’t tolerated there will still always be some around. Seemingly some people can’t think beyond if it’s right or wrong, should we accept it or not. Isn’t that being close minded as well?
        There are a tremendous amount of things that creates a hate and hostile environment in Subspace, people call each other a lot of bad things like ezpie, newbie etc. and they tell people stuff like die bitch, but there are no actions taken against that, but when it is racism the old witch hunt is called upon. Why is it that racism is the only thing to be taken serious?
        I’ve had it with this discussion now, seems like its leading nowhere.
        Last edited by R1pp3r; 09-13-2005, 07:09 PM.

Comment

The question isn't why racism is treated so seriously but why other things aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by King Baba
            Racism shouldn't be a debate, lol. Nor should it be an issue enough for people to argue about.

RACISM.

STOP IT!

lol, alright I'm done, continue on.. :shaun:
            I think we're all done here. Captain Stupendous has solved racism once and for all!
            5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
            5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
            5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

I'm not sure what the difference between racism over an online game and racism in a personal confrontation is. It's the same racism, its not affected by its medium.
              - k2

Comment

Originally posted by K2Grey
                I'm not sure what the difference between racism over an online game and racism in a personal confrontation is. It's the same racism, its not affected by its medium.
                Racism over an online game is very easy to avoid which it might not be in a personal confrontation at your school, work etc., but yeah racism is still racism.

Comment

I don't like racism at all, but I don’t think it has much if anything to do with actual racial discrimination, but for the sake of all the poor children out there in the subspace I don’t think we should tolerate it!
                  I think the bottom line is that racism doesn't add anything constructive to the situation in 100% of cases, and is usually detrimental to the conversation/situation. Usually yeah, it has nothing to do with the racism you see in real life. Its basically an extreme form of trash talking, using emotionally loaded words.

Originally posted by Disliked
                  Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                  +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Working...
                  X