So Staff Ignore Hacks Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Staff Ignore Hacks Now?

Ok, I got banned for a lag spike. Well, not me. My brother, who plays twice a month, if that, got banned. He doesn't even know what elim is.

And then, when a player cheats and everyone sees it, the mod looks the other way. In multijavs today, xxx fired a bomb at me. I dodged it, and thrusted towards him to bullet him. Literally, 2 seconds later he bombed again. That's NEVER happened before, and I died from it.

I know we've all heard the fast recharge shit before, but this was for real. People in spec and people in game said 'hax' and 'ban him'.

The mod, fizzy <ER> didn't.

Hmm.

?squad fizzy <ER>
    ?squad xxx

Squad: Sk8

Oh right, I get it. "xx stop it :P" says fizzy. Nice staffing. Considering I got banned by some random mod who had a bad day in his loser life for a lagspike while my bro, who btw, plays once every 2 weeks, if that, was playing. And then, when someone is OBVIOUSLY cheating, the mod looks the other way. So that's what TW has become.

I've seen staff being racist, I've seen staff do REAL stupid things while hosting. One couldn't be bothered warping (or forgot how) for fishies and just yelled "EVERYONE TO THE TOP SAFE NOW!!11" Best event eva.

But this just got to me. Maybe because I got banned for nothing, and xxx didnt while everyone saw him.

Don't get me wrong, some staff are great. Its gotta be hard, putting up with lots of stupid messages "host zombies plx!!11" and shit, so maybe they give a short, testy reply. Fine. They're only human... I think.

But meh, I'm one very pissed off player.

-Antega <3
    Antega.

i predict this will be closed before 8pm gmt.

Whine your heart out to complaints@trenchwars.org not that they will ever get back to you / read it.
    :whistling

Comment

Not even going to bother anymore, but this one easy hint:

Email.
      EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
      cool koen> :)
      PRiMORDiAL> pfft
      cool koen> not because of a bug
      EvoLd> Lol
      Treachery> meh
      EvoLd> why then?
      PubAceR> women in power dont last
      EvoLd> LOl
      toaster oven reviews

Comment

Originally posted by Antega
        The mod, fizzy <ER>
        From what I know ER is Event Referee, not mod. And from what I've heard, mods ban, not Event Referees. Or what are you trying to say?

You know staff can see stuff about your lag/ping/ploss what you don't. Perhaps it showed some kind of evidence that it wasn't just random spike. And I haven't seen them banning often without a warning so I wonder what have you dont in the past few weeks to get warned before - same mysterious spikes?
        megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
        L K> taught u what?
        megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
        9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
        9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

ARAGAFLAFBLAF

Last edited by Bawls; 10-26-2005, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Fizzy is not a Moderator, he is trained to host games, not ban cheaters. Next time message the ER about it and request that the player be watched or send in a ?cheater call. I would like to know how you've come to the conclusion that the player wasn't watched or banned.

Staff doesn't ban on request; we have to watch, compare information and do extensive observations before a ban is issued. If Fizzy is on the same squad then he would have done nothing about it and called staff to look into it, Staffers are not allowed to be involved in issues with squad mates. Be pissed off all you want but know you facts first.

Keep your personal shit to your self and use the ban email for your ban and the compliant email for Fizzy. It's all the the little thread above this called "READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING!!!".

Comment

Originally posted by Wil
              i predict this will be closed before 8pm gmt.

Whine your heart out to complaints@trenchwars.org not that they will ever get back to you / read it.
              And thats why I didn't.

Originally posted by Kolar
              Staff doesn't ban on request; we have to watch, compare information and do extensive observations before a ban is issued.
              You don't need to do extensive observations to notice someone bomb twice in the less than 5 seconds. Maybe staff do, but normal people? No.

Staffers are not allowed to be involved in issues with squad mates. Be pissed off all you want but know you facts first.
              I never knew this. I guess I can understand fizzy not wanting to get his friend/squadmate into trouble, but meh.

Keep your personal shit to your self
              This isn't personal. I wasn't the only one who saw him do it. I didn't even say who cheated, because I'm a nice person. But you know who you are.

I admit, maybe fizzy wasn't completely wrong. If he doesn't know the !ban command or whatever it is, fair enough. I guess it was the fact that fizzy just laughed... Tipped me over the edge with TW staff.

-Ante
              Antega.

Comment

And thats why I didn't.
                The point of the email, I've said this soooooo many times now, is not meant to "get back to you". You give them the information, they look into it and determine its credibility. The staffer is then warned, axed or talked to by the Deans, not even the fucking Smods or Sysops hear about what happens 99% of the time. It is not meant to give you satisfaction, if you want retribution get on the game and do your worst but we will NOT do your fucking work for you.

You don't need to do extensive observations to notice someone bomb twice in the less than 5 seconds. Maybe staff do, but normal people? No.
                I am saying that staffers wouldn't ban just because you say he did something. They need to watch the player for any signs of cheating then watch his connection info if there are none. There's a process to it, i'm sure you've never seen it work or could find the logic in it currently.

I never knew this. I guess I can understand fizzy not wanting to get his friend/squadmate into trouble, but meh.
                That's not the intent of the rule. It's meant to give everyone fair and impartial treatment.

This isn't personal. I wasn't the only one who saw him do it. I didn't even say who cheated, because I'm a nice person. But you know who you are.
                You could have done without the little story about your brother being banned. Maybe when and if you send it to the compliant email you'll consider removing it.

I admit, maybe fizzy wasn't completely wrong. If he doesn't know the !ban command or whatever it is, fair enough. I guess it was the fact that fizzy just laughed... Tipped me over the edge with TW staff.
                Fizzy does not have BanG, no Event Refs have it. !ban is used on staff chat when no moderators are around and ONLY for people who spam ?help or ?cheater. If I did !ban Antega and you didn't do a ?help or ?cheater, and you were not !warned already it would do nothing. Take it to the compliant email next time.
                Last edited by Kolar; 10-26-2005, 03:19 PM.

Comment

I'm gonna go with the grounds of 'shit happens' on this one.

If I made a forum thread for everytime I got wronged by lag and then banned the kid, we'd have about 12 players left in the server and 10,000+ threads. One kill on you that you felt was 'cheating' over the 9 others means insta-ban? If that same guy ended the game 21-2 with multiple complaints of him 'cheating' against everyone, then yes, we'd start buying into the hacking complaint. But that one kill out of god knows how many others is just server lag, invisible green, etc*.
                  DELETED

Comment

Okies, I give up.

*goes into box*
                    *locks it with a 5ton padlock*
                    *puts on flameproof suit*
                    *waits until he gets flamed again* (r0fl 5 ton padl0ck n00000b joo cant get them that big!!11)
                    Antega.

Comment

I'm not flamming you. I'm just giving you the information you want and need for this forum and the opinion of one staffer.

Comment

why is it that people always have a 'brother' that goes on their computer and plays ss while they're away or some shit like that?

use a fucknig password, 98, 2000, me, xp they all have this very little icon in the control panel called

Users

click that and make a fucking user account for yourself so no one touches your stuff.
                        thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

To simply answer the question in the title:
                          No

Comment

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=20627
                            It seems you just made a repeat thread with a different story. It says in that thread that you had been banned for 3 months. You just made this thread, and it hasn't been three months yet, and if you were unbanned you'd know better not to post here, because you would use the way to get unbanned before. My post doesn't entirely make sense, but you know what I mean. Now to wait untill this thread is closed.

Edit: Something makes me think that it wasn't your brother who was playing.

Comment

Couldnt bother to read anything else than the first post, but anyway. The so called "cheater" was Ara and i highly doubt he would haxxor in multijavs just to kill you once. Like i said to you in the arena, theres full charge greens around and people dont always see them on their screens when others do.

just to clear things up, what really happened (
                              moomoo.

Trench Wars Staff
                              TWD Op

Comment

Working...
                              X