A few thoughts from an old timer....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cacoethes
    Keep in mind that this is a "living" game, and, in addition to newer players not respecting vets (mostly cause they don't know any better), vets mock newbs at an all-time high. Keep in mind that balance of recycling old players for new when you talk about a lack of respect. It goes both ways.
    This is true. Alot of older players decide to sit back and nag on newer players, rather then helping them into the community. This causes newbs to "blowdry in the bathtub" so to speak.
    7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
    7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
    7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
    7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
    1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

Keep in mind that this is a "living" game, and, in addition to newer players not respecting vets (mostly cause they don't know any better), vets mock newbs at an all-time high. Keep in mind that balance of recycling old players for new when you talk about a lack of respect. It goes both ways.
      There's as many 'vets' which rag on newer players as there are newer players who call older players 'washed up' consistantly. Meanwhile there's a lot of people out there from both ends who are smart enough to respect those that deserve respect and acknowledge people to what they deserve.
      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
      www.animeslice.com

Comment

and you measure greatness how? Example: CoT is more well known for running the past TW forums then he is for anything he did while on staff, or as a player.
        The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
        All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

hello oldbies!
          jee

Comment

Meh, just ?ignore those who get on your nerves

Players should be improving their game to be as competitive as possible, not because you think 12-year-olds five years from now will love you

When I played I never allowed trash talk to have much effect on me
            http://www.azimux.com FREE web-based strategy game

Comment

Originally posted by Dant-Zu
              Uhh, to think of it you're absolutely right Scrot. There's no Cripples, no Whiterabbits and no Onix in there, which all were good when they were around. :fear:

now i wasn't on onix, but all they did was be a runner up in LD. So add Melee, and Grapevine and whoever else then too. Whiterabbits was a fun squad, but they won nothing, were runner up in nothing. Cripples deserves mention though, for obvious reasons.
              The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
              All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Newbies mock newbies too. Thats rather annoying heh. I agree with Epi.
                The Scrotal Master
                "Master of Scrotal Matters"
                "Harbringer of d00m!"

now appearing as ::drumroll::
                box turtle

http://www.cafepress.com/historicemblems

Comment

I only got a few sentences through the first post, but I'm going to guess it's about what's wrong with TW. Here's what TW actually needs

1. Legends about the glory of players past
                  2. A new client with a bunch of great stuff like destructible environments and more ship parameters
                  3. Lucon given ultimate power over the zone
                  The pleasure's all mine.

Comment

Working...
                  X