OLD TWL Interviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLD TWL Interviews

Here are some old TWL interviews that never went up (on TWL Site/Forums) all were for provided by captains whos squads were active at the time. Some of these squads no longer exist now, while others have changed alot. Anyways enjoy, and captains if there is anything you want edited let me know.

Regards

Rule

Alcoholism

Squad Leader: Gurumeditation (Now with wtfz)
    Nationality: British
    Years playing SS: 2 years (Jan 23rd 2000)
    Foundation Date: Foundation Date: I guess August 2001. For a few months before I had been the co-captain of Birds of Prey, one of the games oldest squads. However after TWL Season 4 El Tigro decided to pull out of TWL toconcentrate on AML Season 5. After this I decided to join EliteForcez(founded by Emplate) but that venture was short lived as a couple ofmonths later, it dissolved. I decided to kill two birds with one stone.
    As at the time I was only a leader of Birds of Prey off the field
    rather than on it and that the squad had become highly active and
    popular with a good chance at promotion, I decided to leave it and form
    my own squad with the remnants of EliteForcez that I could get
    together (Emplate, Descape etc.) along with the Trenchers of Birds of
    Prey (El Tigro, DutchDestroyer etc). After a very average TWT I decided
    that I missed SVS League and enrolled us into it, where we had a very
    bad regular season that was only saved by a decent post season. Now we
    enter TWL with most of the old elements but with a lot of new ones
    added on.

Previous squads: Previous squads: DX! led by Stinger81, Squad! (twice) once led by CoLand second time by me, (nameless) led by spydy, Revilers led by Elcion,
    Birds of Prey led by El Tigro and then El Tigro and myself.

History: History: Err, not as long as most people I came to SS (under thename Mirick) after Vreek brought a few people to it from the #oldwarezchannel on the Undernet. He tried to get us to play Alpha but afterstruggling a lot I tried to play Powerball. Well that was a disastertoo but it improved me a lot. Eventually I ended up in Trench Wars.
    After a brief stint on DX! I ended up on CoL's Squad!, but I soon had
    to leave Subspace because I moved back to France from the US. By the
    time I was back on Subspace Squad! was dead.

Soon after I was back I joined a little Squad named (nameless) that
    would best be known as Left_Eyes first squad. However since being able
    to switch from a crappy computer in 640 res to a decent 1600 res I had
    dramaticly improved. After playing a friendly with Revilers I tried out
    for them and beat former DX! squaddie Dark Commando to get in. That
    venture was short lived as well however after Elcions motocycle
    accident pulled him out of Subspace for a long time and people just
    left. I tried to revive Squad!, but seeing as I moved to Paris and had
    just started work I couldn't really do it so THAT was short-lived too.
    In August 2000 I was playing Powerball training for the PB draft Cup
    and met El Tigro. After playing some smallpb I tried out for Birds of
    Prey and got in. However I left Subspace for a few months after that.

El Tigros call for help in November brought me back, and threw me right
    into the SVS world being recquired to start out in AML. By recruiting
    to try and bring the squad back to life I was asked to be the co
    captain. After Birds of Prey, came the time of Alcoholism.

Personal Achievements: Nominated for AML Season 6 MVP, bringing Birds of Prey back from the dead and recruiting and forming it into an AML
    title contender, keeping Alcoholism alive (barely . Bringing not so
    well known Trench players a platform to try out in SVS. A handful of
    MVP's in TW and one in AML (against Sk8 of all teams -_-). Getting
    respect in AML and Trench for being a decent guy :P Successfully
    avoiding being nominated for a staff position.

Squad Achievements: Pretty much listed on our Trench profile. A few
    average seasons in TWL and AML. The squad I formed with El Tigro
    reached the Quarter-Finals of AML (knocking out the favorites along the
    way), and Alcoholism reached the final four of the Second chance
    trouny. Staying alive in Trench for over 6 months.

Goals: If we weren't here to win, we wouldn't be a league squad. Our
    first goal however is to mould a team. We have some good elements that
    could do well in the future, but we need to get more cohesion in the
    team. We have the main thing we wanted though, a fair amount of respect
    and appreciation. We're quite well liked and we're starting to get the
    individuals that could bring wins. It's going to take a long time, but
    we're getting there I also hope to reach the playoffs in AML this
    season. Keeping the squad together is the first goal though. We have a
    large squad under our wings (about 40 people) over two leagues of all
    skill levels (6 year vets and 50 hour friends). It's a good ambience
    for all concerned in my opinion. Trying to keep that spirit would be nice .

Quote: Baaaah I give up :P I can't think of one.
    Last edited by Rule; 12-10-2002, 06:08 AM.

Anti-Scrub

Anti-Scrub

Squad Leader: Erathia
    Nationality: Native Canadian
    Years Playing SS: Around 6. Since I was 10 when I started playing record-keeping
    wasn't that big on my books

Foundation Date: I set it at around March 15th 1998 I believe. Again
    record-keeping was not my strong point.

Previous Squads: No one would take me before. No one will pull me away now.
    History: Keeping in mind that I started playing SS when I was 10, my earliest
    recollections are not among the best. Of the few scattered memories I have, it
    involved charging bases screaming and self-destructing, repeatedly blowing
    myself up in a jav, getting the wasp *ONCE* in Alpha... and so on. A-S was
    formed in the dying days of the VIE servers around.... March of 98, but
    collapsed shortly after the fall because everyone fought amongst themselves and
    I took a break from playing SS.
    When I came back, I started playing TW and Star Warzone. One day in TW I was
    messing around in an arena and met El Bandido, and we decided that since we were
    sick of leviterrs we decided to start hunting them down together. And since we
    got reasonably good at it we decided to start a squad based around it. Because
    El came up with the idea of the squad I just gave him A-S and it started back up
    again. He granted it again to me in a few months though because he thought I was
    better at it.
    Over the next year we grew slowly.. I think we had around 20 members and were
    about to try to enter TWL... and then El got in a huge fight with me over
    entering leagues and quit, taking a lot of the squad with them. I experienced
    deja vu and considered shutting down again. Around here another member came up,
    started swearing at me for feeling sorry for myself and said that if I didn't
    help him hunt down. I complied. We've never really been in danger of dissolving
    since. I'm now so tied to this squad that
    We're at around 30 members now, in TWLB and TWLJ, and brookus has started
    leviterring, giving me conflicting feelings whenever I hunt him down.
    For some staff history I was recruited onto staff over a year ago by FieryFire
    because he liked me or something... I do remember shortly after making me ZH he
    quit cackling about how his final revenge was in place. Don't know what he was
    talking about. I became ER in three weeks, mod in five months, smod in seven
    months following, axed within 3 days of that. I am *not* suited for too much
    power, it warps my fragile Canadian mind. I'm just a mod now. I only abuse in
    mod-type ways.... scratch that last one.
    Personal Achievements: I'm a mod. I ban people. I also lead a squad. I toy with
    them.
    Squad Achievements: We won the warzone tournament... haven't really done much
    else that anyone would consider notable except for us. We've outlasted 2 of
    Annux's squads though, I like that.
    Goals: We plan to keep outlasting everyone else. Which means we're going to have
    to do something about that British Squad... ^_^
    Quote: "If you sing that song one more time I am going to hunt you down and tear
    your heart out through your anal sphincter"

Comment

British Squad

British Squad

Squad Leader: Valiant
      Nationality: British
      Years Playing SS: 6 years (since 96)
      Foundation Date: 18th April 1998
      Previous Squads: (late '97 to early '98) British Bulldogs
      History: I started out in SS just before the Terrier was introduced... played a
      little chaos but mostly went in for warzone under the nick 'Zapperoid'.
      Between playing gaps of several months I went over to player zones such as
      ASWZ, ASRZ and USD Annihilation, never spending much time in one place
      except for USD. I must've spent a good six months hanging around there under
      the nick 'SS Foolsbane' - one of the finest zones there ever was, if I might
      say, and a big shout to N4tur3 if you're still out there!

Early in 1998 after changing nick again to 'Cmdr. Valiant', I found Trench
      Wars, and I've never looked back. After dragging over a few fellow Brits
      from the collapse of my old squad the British Bulldogs, I took a plunge into
      the deep end and created British Squad. I don't really think I expected the
      squad to last so long - but after having invested so much time into it and
      having known some of the founding members for so long, I'm pretty sure we
      aren't going to die any time soon... =)

BritSquad has always focused on friendliness and enjoyment of Subspace
      rather than competing brutally in the leagues . I think this, along with the
      famous variety of internal squad events that we hold, is one of the factors
      which has contributed to our long life and our popularity. It's an
      interesting fact that almost all high-profile Brits in TW have been a member
      at one point or another (Acid Twin, DUMBRIT!, foxy, ZeUs!!, VenomArse,
      Bailey and a score of others...).

Personal Achievements: Reaching <ZH> and then <ER> within TW Staff
      Squad Achievements: Continuing to be a friendly squad with a strong future
      ahead - even after 4 years! No particularly major league achievements -
      after playing in all of the TWL duelling seasons since the league started,
      our highest ever finishing position was 4th in TWL 4's Upper Tier after
      being defeated by Scrotal's Horde in a debatable rematch (thus denying us
      3rd place) - we originally won the first match.
      Goals: To make sure BritSquad reaches it's 5th Birthday
      Quote: Lag Shield (c) 1998-2002 British Squad and BSI Technologies, Ltd.

Comment

Cripples

Squad Leader: Louis XV (Founded by Wix)
        Nationality: American
        Years Playing SS: 3
        Foundation Date: March 30, 2000. Wix, a top jav and one of the most skilled
        overall players of any public arena of any zone in SubSpace/Continuum,
        formed the squad Cripples with Zephire in early 2000, maybe as a joke. Then
        Wix went around and carefully recruited people from pubs. Among our first
        members were Khisanth, LaBum, DanyalDenyo, Big Johnson, BobR, and Little
        Nuke'em. We entered all three of the TW*L leagues. We won our first TWBL and
        TWJL championships at that point. We went on to play a very successful
        second season of TWBL, but because of the shitty pyramid system we lost the
        entire season due to losing one last match at the end against WildFire -
        even after beating them several times before that. After our second season
        we disbanded in March/April 2001. Two or three weeks later, Wix came back
        from his 6-month long resignation from SS and this prompted DanyalDenyo and
        I to consider resurrecting the squad. We did. Slowly picking up basing
        momentum and both old and new players, we became a rock rolling down a snowy
        mountain trying to regain its former size. Early in the summer of 2001 we
        decided to merge with the then defunct WildFire (by recruiting the majority
        of its now ex-members). WildFire had been Cripples' major basing rivals
        after Paladen had started its competitive decline. Server, the old WildFire
        captain, became co-captain along with DanyalDenyo, myself, and Ephemeral.
        There was some sort of argument and Server was forced to leave the squad. He
        went off to reform WildFire and took some of the new Cripples with him. The
        new WildFire dissolved very shortly after. Most of the old WFers had decided
        to stick with Cripples, and a lot of them are still on the squad to this
        very day: death row, Lemon, Appleseed, Utopia. These guys are now very
        successful and a huge chunk of the squad's core players
        Previous Squads: Scrotal’s Horde
        History: I started out by playing in EG in winter '98/'99, moved onto
        silentdragon's Sheep Cloning Facility where he ran SCF Dark, a small version
        of Trench Wars hosted in North America. When that was taken down I relocated
        to the big laggy Finnish wh0re that was iNET Trench Wars. I was mainly a
        base terr/levterr and I considered myself pretty damn good at it. Helped The
        Scrotal Master (aka Pizza the Hut) form Scrotal's Horde! in November 1999.
        We were a notorious levterring squad until we switched over to dueling in
        early 2000. After becoming a decent jav/wb in elim I decided to return to
        pubs and quit Scrotal's Horde. Had a few short stints on the first -KAOS-
        and Aardvark Inc. Wix recruited me from pub as a terrier to the newly
        founded Cripples in April 2000. Been on it ever since, both as co-leader and
        then as leader.

Personal Achievements: I'm glad to see that the squads I helped to run
        (Scrotal's Horde and Cripples) have been responsible for bringing many
        initially unknown "newbies" to where they are today as the current
        generation of TW's top players. Blood Axe (Blood), TheSerpentMage, Plague
        Rabbit, PhyRe, BadBoyz, Thundermare, Deny to name a few.

Squad Achievements: Filled in a great vacuum in the dark ages of TW Leagues
        with the first death of -FINAL- by winning the TWBL and TWJL championships
        in our first league season. Cripples were undefeated in ALL basing matches
        both official and unofficial for almost a year. Look at the "top" squads in
        TW and you might find that 20% of their members have been on Cripples at
        some point in their SS careers.

Goals: Continued excellence in the areas of basing and javs (and maybe
        dueling). Since we consider ourselves a mature squad, we try not to take the
        game too seriously or kill ourselves everytime we lose. Sportsmanship =
        good.

Quote: I AM EL PRESIDENTE OF CHICKEN! STOMP! ZREKCAM

Louis XV now with WTFz

Comment

Disoblige

Disoblige

Squad Leader: Boki
          Nationality: Swedish
          Years Playing SS: 6+
          Foundation Date: 7th February 2001
          Previous Squads: Spacejump, DDF, UFO.
          History: It all started back on the 7th February 2001 when the five best pilots of a squad named U F O decided to leave their squad to make their own. These five were Boki, Mantra-Slider, The Pioneer!, Fudge! and Jonas. Five relatively unknown players in the Trenchwars community. That season Disoblige would win TWL lower tier, and the TWBL championship. The following season Disoblige would win the TWBT championship despite losing a few key players. Now in season three, there is more contenders than ever but Disoblige continues to dominate basing, and aims for #1 in TWL-B and top 3 spots in TWL-J,TWL-D. Disoblige has become a close group of skilled players, good friends, and plans to be around for a long time. (For a complete history visit http://www.ktv.no/~jhn-ktv/disoblige/index2.html)

Personal Achievements: Hmm I have to say Download Central and helping out with some other sites such as SS.NET and SS Central. Becoming staff in TW was also big at the time though as with download central its more just work now. All the same I am still honored to be in this nice group of people. Founding the best basing squad in Trenchwars is another achievement.

Squad Achievements: TWBL Champions first season, TWL lower-tier winners in first season as well. TWBT winners last season.
          Goals: To become #1 in TWBL and top 3 in both TWL-D and TWL-J.
          Quote: Life is a deadly disease with a 100% fatality rate

Think there has been recent change of leadership, Diso members can clarify.

Comment

Elusive

Elusive

Squad Leader: Epinephrine
            Nationality: Canadian
            Years Playing SS: 5 years (Feb 15th 1997)
            Foundation Date: Foundation Date: In late December 1999, I was given the captaincy of the squad FRAKTURE which at the time contained some of the best and most active pilots in TW. Even with a great roster, I realized that FRAKTURE was on it's deathbed as the player base was quickly dwindling so I quickly took action. By recruiting a few active pilots, and by merging with the squad eVoX and the remnants of the squad Rampage, I managed to create a squad which was by far the strongest squad ever in TW (at the time we had 8/10 top 10 pilots in elim not counting aliases). After the merger of these squads Elusive was officially created around New Year's 2000. After participating in two very successful TWL seasons (Season 2 champions, Season 3 2nd place) we disbanded. In April 2002 I decided to bring the squad back and thus our current incarnation as Elusive.
            Previous Squads: (in TW): High Mage, OBSiDEON, (FRAKTURE), (Elusive), Vulch
            History: History: I started playing SS over five years ago. At first just a Diablo player I learned about SS in one of my many games, and as cheating picked up in Diablo, I decided to give this internet asteroids game a second look. Starting from Alpha Zone, I quickly managed to join a squad which later became a Pro League squad. I soon moved to Running Zone to play with the greats of the game, and started my own Pro League squad, Conclusive. After a full Pro League season Conclusive died and I went to Mysterious and later B.I.A. where I stayed for over two years. It was during my B.I.A. days that I started playing TW.

At first I did not intend to stay, but was recruited to a newbie squad called High Mage and I stuck with it for kicks. I was quickly asked to join OBSiDEON by Win95, and after that died I joined FRAKTURE. I was given the captaincy of FRAK and renamed it Elusive running it for over a year, winning TWL, TWDL and getting 2nd place in our second TWL season. During that time I managed to win the Pro League Championship with Quality Control.

Afterwards I became inactive and joined up with Crown of Thorns in Vulch where I stayed for a long time. Finally with TWL Season 5 looming and with many exciting changes coming forward I decided it was time to bring back Elusive for another run at the title. With a very strong history to build upon and a lot of league experience I know that Elusive is definitely a contender for this season.
            Personal Achievements: TWL Season 2 winner, TWDL Season 1 winner, TWEL first place, Pro League Season 7 Champion, Euro League (Omega League) Season 3 Champion.
            Squad Achievements: Squad Achievements: Elusive has won numerous titles and its members have also won many times in as well. In the past we were the TWL Season 2 champions beating up rivals Siege for the title. Later that year we won TWDL season 1 over Siege again. In TWL Season 3 we finished 2nd place losing to Siege in the final game of the season. While half of our current members are from the old Elusive, the other half are from all over Trench Wars including a number of players (and even the captain Disqualifier) from the TWT Season Champions -Final- who won TWT-D and TWT-J. As well our current members have been winners in countless dueling tournaments and dueling ladders of the past.

Goals: Goals for this season: Elusive is here to win. The squad was built from day one to finish first place in TWL-D and we'll do everything possible to do so. As for Javs, we originally entered as a joke, but we hope to make the playoffs and maybe even surprise a few people there In the past, the old incarnation of Elusive was regarded as egotistical and generally hated. This time around we strive to be respected not just for our skill, but for our personal virtues as pretty nice people
            Quote: None

Well we ended up taking TWLJ and not TWLD =), we plan to do different next season. I have the pleasure of being co-leader of Elusive now, Epi owns.

Comment

Light

Squad Leaders: Fireballz
              Years Playing SS: fireballz was created on 6-21-1998, but i played a couple months before that, so 4+ years
              Foundation Date: March 20, 2002
              Previous Squads: The Pure, Goliath, Prophacy, Burnt, The Jedi Knights, Burnt, Paladen, Emerge, Unite, Shinobi, Siege
              History: first started playing as a demo in Alpha zone way back in the days when VIE was around. I remember I used to get disconnected every 10 mins so it was kinda useless playing. Then someone gave me the URL for a crack so I went to the site and downloaded the crack, and started my nick fireballz. I played for a newbie Alpha zone squad called "Ailens" (yes that's how it was spelled, not aliens =). After that I lost interest in ss and I thought I was never gonna come back to it. Then one day one of my high school friends was playing ss in Chemistry class, and I rediscovered ss. This time I wouldn't play in Alpha anymore, but instead I'd play in another zone, CF>Skill Shots, a sort of super ship zone. I started playing it a lot and eventually I got mod (this was around the time where VIE wouldn't support ss anymore). Then one day while I was checking the server lists I saw a zone called Trench Wars, I think it was hosted on the INET server at the time. I remember clearly when I first went into trench, it was weird, there were two bases, and they were tightly connected to each other. At that time spider was the most popular ship because it could kill any ship with 2-3 shots. TW was so fun back then, I quit playing in CF>skill shots and i started playing in TW regularly. A bit later I joined Silent Dragon's squad (don't remember what it was called). Then I went inactive again. When I came back I joined The Pure, and then Goliath later on. After that I quit playing for a little while and when I came back I joined Prophecy which was lead by Crome Solja. We were an average squad skill-wise, I trained a lot of the members. A lot of members would go on to become great TW players, such as Jack. So after countless hours of hard work and training my squadmates we played TW Elites in TWL (I think) and we lost horribly. When that happened I got frustrated and I left Prophecy, and joined the most elite squad at that time Burnt. Now Burnt, led by Static Burn, consisting of Sika, Sudden, Dice, A Terrible Decoy, Soul Burner, myself and a few other players had only about 8-9 squad members at it's peak, yet we managed to go almost undefeated in TWL if not for 1 game where we lost to TW Elites (TWE went on to win the 1st TWL championship). Due to Static Burn's bad leadership the squad ended up slowly dieing and most of the players left the squad. I left and joined Paladen for awhile and played a few league games with them. In time Paladen got boring, so I talked with my old squadmate Crome (who was in -Final- at the time) about starting a new squad. Crome agreed, so we started EmergE. I think it was around this time that Elusive was formed. EmergE was a promising squad with Crome as leader, and me as asst. leader but at that time there was a shortage of elite players so we merged with Soul Burner's squad Deceit and renamed the squad to -Siege-. We struggled in TWL that season and eventually Elusive won the 2nd TWL championship. During the off season Crome managed to get the original squad name Siege. In the off season we recruited a lot of new players, players with incredible potential, and our core player's skill level reach its peak. So we went into league all gung ho that season. In TWL we managed to go undeafeated so we faced Elusive who was also undeafeated. The championship game was an epic duel, Siege vs Elusive. This match was the greatest league game ever played, over 100 spectators came to watch the match. Banzi Fuq, Feint, Crome, myself, and either Damage Inc or Hit & Run played for Siege that game, Epi, Adrenaline, and 3 others played for Elusive. The battle was fought hard and long, but in the end Siege came out on top of Elusive, to win the 3rd TWL championship. During the off season Elusive dissolved, and Siege picked up a lot of Elusive's good players. By the time the fourth TWL season started, Siege had an unbeatable line up. Siege sweeped TWL that season, and won the 4th TWL championship and also took the TWDL championship with very little opposition. After winning 2x TWL championships Siege dissolved for awhile, our members were free to join other squads but we would return to Siege when the time came. I joined Unite, because my friends Hype and Horny Elf convinced me to. After a month or two, I really didn't feel at home with Unite, so I left and joined Shinobi. I became co-leader of Shinobi, and I led Shinobi undeafeated in TWDT, beating both Melee and -Final-. Then I heard Siege was going to reform, so me and a couple of siegers who were in Shinobi left, and it destroyed the squad. If we hadn't left Shinobi we probably would have went on to win TWDT that season. So I was in Siege again. At this moment I had a lot of problems in my life, and I didn't have time for ss anymore, so I quit Siege and stopped playing ss. About 3 months pass and I decide to log on to see who's on. I see my old buddy Skater so we start talking, talking about the good old Elusive vs Siege days, and how we missed it. It was there that we decided to form Light, to try and attempt to reincarnate some of the old competition that we experienced back in the days, that made TW fun. And here I am now, still alive and ticking.
              Personal Achievements: 2x TWL championships, 1x TWDL championship, top 5 in TWEL, MVP of All Star game Usa vs Canada, #1 in elim 7 times, winner of countless wb and jav tournaments.
              Squad Achievements: Right now I still consider us a fairly new squad, so only time will tell...
              Goals: My goal is to attempt to win all 3 leagues, TWL-D, TWL-J, and TWL-B. Currently we are undefeated in all 3 leagues. We are a squad that excels in warbirds, javs, and basing. We have duelers that rival Siege itself, and some of the best basers TW has ever seen. Under my leadership, Light will be taken to the top, WATCH OUT!
              Quote: If I fight, I win" - Confucius (very strong quote, came across it when I was reading Sun Tzu's The Art of War)

Now have pleasure of playing alongside fbz and some former light players, great player, great guy. What Light did in basing and other leagues last season was very impressive.

Comment

Melee

Melee

Squad Leader: Poid
                Nationality: I'm a Belgian citizen, born in South Africa and live in Canada.
                Years Playing SS: 2 and a bit
                Foundation Date: August 2001
                Previous Squads: SilentEcho, -wh0rd-, Antithesis
                History: Started the squad as Off Guard after Antithesis did a merger /
                disbanded. Was tired of being in squads that died so decided to start one that I would keep going until I quit ss. Opportunity came to join with Plague Rabbit's new squad (Adios) but only under the condition that NO-ONE be cut... and worked out rather well. Ended up being top 3 in TWJT and TWDT in our first season... surprising quite a few ppl in the process. We've gone through quite a few major player leaving stunts and hardish times the last few months... but I've managed to keep Melee together (with help from good squad members).
                Personal Achievements: Holding Melee together in tuff times. Getting Smod in TW.
                Squad Achievements: Top 3 in TWJT and TWDT in first season.
                Goals: Put up a good fight. Have FUN and get along are #1 tho. Hope to kickass in TWBT when they start it up, eventually... we have a pretty nice BTline-up I'm proud of
                Quote: Squads come and go. There will always be one version of elusive /shinobi / siege or another...but Melee will always be there.

Comment

No Surrender

No Surrender

Squad Leader: 404 Not Found
                  Years Playing SS: Since the 1st beta release of SS by VIE...ahhhh the days
                  of Alpha Zone I can't remember the year.
                  Foundation Date: When did TW start? I've lost track of time...No
                  Surrender, since -Final- disbanded, is now the oldest/active remaining
                  squad in TW. So NS is 4+ yrs old I believe...dunno...this is what happens
                  when your married with a 14 year old son....a few to many years ago can
                  seem like a few months ago...no sense of time here
                  Previous Squads: Ailens (Alpha Zone) & Exodus (Chaos Zone)
                  History: No Surrender was created by Mr.Mike at the beginning of Trench
                  Wars & I had just left Chaos to play in TW when Mr. Mike had asked me to
                  join. I have not been back to chaos since. After Mr.Mike retired from the
                  Captain Position, Thor! became the Capt. of No Surrender for about 8
                  months. This is the dark period for NS, as we somewhat dropped out of
                  league that year, due to little to no squad communication, as well as no
                  participation in league. Thor! had to resign due to school and asked me
                  to take the reigns and I have been here now for the last 2 years as
                  Captain. NoSurrender got some life back in it when Speedball League first
                  started by creating a new squad called NS United. This was created due to
                  1/2 of No Surrender joining/creating new SB squads. The remaining 1/2 of
                  No Surrender wanted to play speedball as well, but couldn't as No
                  Surrender due to the many No Surrender players scattered amongst the other
                  SB squads. So the NS United team came about to give us left overs on NS
                  w/o a squad a team to play on. This was the point of when No Surrender
                  became active in the TW Leagues again.
                  Personal Achievements: Rebuilding a `64 Porsche 356SC and a `77 Porsche
                  911 Targa to factory condition...Oh...hmmm....did you mean a SS personal
                  achievement?
                  Squad Achievements: NS still has 6 original members playing for them since
                  the dawn of TW. We have become good friends with one another, and there is
                  a fraternity type feel we have. No pressure & good time squad we are. If
                  we all lived close enough to one another...I would be hosting the post
                  game pool party at my house each weekend win or loss.
                  Goals: To be and to remain an active participating squad in TW. We would love
                  to be #1 in TW, but as long as we can be active and have a scheduled match
                  each week...well that's half the fun.
                  Quote: Using his telepathic powers, Aquaman summons a can of Fish!

Comment

Onix

Onix

Squad Leaders: Golden Knight & Amorphus
                    Years Playing SS: 6+ years maybe 7
                    Foundation Date: Around April and May of last year, Amorphus and I had been running the squad -Secret-. We dueled quite a bit and found Code! and his squad Optimum. Our two squads were similar so we decided to merge and made a few rules. Immediately after that, we merged with Halbey’s squad, Brite. Then, we formed Onix on June15, 2001.
                    Previous Squads: EliteWingz, -Secret-
                    History: History: I first started playing SS over a friend’s house since I did not have the Internet. He played SS as well.(His name was Maduin) I started off in VIE Warzone and played there off and on for about two years. I got tired of SS and took a long break. I soon got the Internet and went to Dueling Arizona. I made a squad there, though I do not recall the name of it. I spent a year there and then took a short break. When I came back, my bro and I started playing Alpha Zone. I never did make a squad there but played there for quite some time. I eventually got bored of the arena and moved to the zone called SVS Dark West or something like that. This arena was ran by silent dragon and was the exact same as SSCU Trench Wars. I did not know this until I checked out SSCU Trench Wars. After I saw that SSCU TW was more popular, I stayed there.

I first made my squad EliteWingz in 1999. None of the tournaments or leagues were taking place at this time so my squad was bored. We dueled and weren’t bad but we eventually broke apart. After that, I took a short break. I came back and reformed EliteWingz with two of my real life friends, Matorian and Maduin. We worked harder at getting this squad going and keeping it alive and it turned out to be successful. We played TWT some and won many games but not enough. We eventually recruited Amorphus, who is now a good friend of mine. After Maduin left EW due to personal business, I hired Amorphus as a new captain. TWT came to an end and we felt like we weren’t getting anywhere, so we decided to take the better and more active members from EW to form -Secret-. Matorian wasn’t up for it and went on to join Paladen. This was when Paladen were hot in all leagues. So -Secret- was now formed and we recruited many great players. We took another step in getting better and merged with code!’s squad, Optimum. We then came up with some agreements. Just after that, we decided to merge with Halbey’s squad, Brite. So -Secret-, Optimum, and Brite merged to form the squad we have now, Onix. And here we are today
                    Personal Achievements: I have never really been involved with tournaments or leagues until now.
                    Squad Achievements: We got 4th place in TWJT and TWDT.
                    Goals: To win TWL or get near the top and to win many other tournaments and leagues. Also to remain a great squad.
                    Quote: We R not PoKEmeN!

Comment

Paladen

Paladen

Squad Leader: All of members of Paladen
                      Nationality: Many
                      Years Playing SS: 4ever

Foundation/Join Date: 4/27/99
                      Previous Squads: Paladen
                      History: Fun, Fun, and yeah more Fun!
                      Personal Achievements: having fun
                      Squad Achievements: having fun
                      Goals: Don’t play hockey or soccer
                      Quote: “Have Guns and Travel Subspace”
                      More Information: http://www.paladen.net/Info/About/

This was interview KJW gave me, he likes to keep things short

Edited to correct the More Information link
                      Last edited by Late; 01-25-2003, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Pallies

Pallies

Squad Leader: Boo
                        Nationality: English (I'd usually say British, but World Cup and all)
                        Years Playing SS: first played in 1995. When I moved back home after university in mid 2000 I discovered that the game was free again and found trench wars.
                        Foundation Date: Pallies was founded by Divine Rides and RogerMexico in late 2000. After recruiting a few people (including myself), Pallies entered leagues. During our first full season the squad faced a crisis after the captains and many of the members resigned, I was pretty upset by the prospect of Pallies dissolving so I took over as captain.
                        Previous Squads: None. I was recruited as a newbie by a bunch of newbies and have spent my whole Trench Wars career as a Pallie.
                        History: See Above.
                        Personal Achievements: Bringing Pallies back from the brink of death. I wanted to see everyone that had left the squad come back, only then would we truly be Pallies again. Some came quickly, whereas some (e.g. roger) wanted to sow their wild oats and spend some time in other squads. Roger did eventually come back, and with the recent return of the mighty Flabin and Mr. Spam we are the old Pallies once more.
                        Squad Achievements: Pallies are a fine example of how a bunch of newbies with a little commitment, a lot of love, and a whole load of blumpies can take a squad to the highest levels of competition. Straight up, Pallies are the friendliest, most laid back and most decent human beings I've ever encountered online. This is the reason for our success and continued existence.
                        Goals: Throughout most of our history we have striven to advance our basing game, beating Disoblige and becoming the TWL-B champions are our most immediate goals. Disoblige formed around the time that we were first starting to become a force in basing, and our two squads have always enjoyed a close relationship. In WZTourny we joined forces to become Dispalogies, and whatever happens we'll always have a tremendous amount of respect for each other.
                        Quote: We'll fuck you up, then have a snack"</i> It is as it has always been

Comment

Shinobi

Shinobi

Squad Leader: Dynasty
                          Nationality: Asian (Canada)
                          Years Playing SS: can't remember exactly when I started playing.. but I
                          remember being a beta-tester and I was playing in highschool, so at least
                          4-5+ years.
                          Foundation Date: Shinobi was established around summer time of year 2000. It
                          has had many ups and downs throughout the years ...sometimes hiding within
                          the shadows unnoticed.. sometimes out in full force. Shinobi has officially
                          slipped into the shadows twice, but every time we were at our peaks we were
                          a force to be reckoned with. Every time we have been reborn, we did it in
                          style, with many big names and immense talent to go with it. Almost
                          clinching League titles in almost every season we participated in but always
                          falling just a tad short. We are still one of the top squads in TW today,
                          with much experience, skill and a pinch of luck to carry us through.

Previous Squads: since I came back to play after 2 year retirement, since
                          late December of '99): Team Titan, -Final-, -Legacy-, Elusive, Siege,
                          Shinobi
                          History: I first started playing Subspace when it was a small little game
                          open for beta-testing. My friends introduced me to this game, I started off
                          in Alpha and then soon after moved to Chaos West and East, I started to get
                          really good at the game, playing everyday for many hours. I was considered
                          one of the top players in Chaos so I enjoyed the game lots... and then
                          that's when disaster struck, SubSpace was contemplating whether or not to
                          make Subspace pay-to-play, in the end they came up with keeping the game
                          playing free but you must purchase the game at your local game store or else
                          you can still play but your scores wouldn't be kept and your name would be
                          randomly chosen between ~demo01 to ~demo999 or something, so it was really
                          pathetic when you chatted with someone, find them again the next day and be
                          like "remember me? I was ~demo60 yesterday" ... so I instantly ran out to
                          buy the CD ... and then not even a month after I bought the CD.. VIE decided
                          to shutdown it's servers. I was... well to lightly put it, pretty PISSED
                          OFF! .. so I threw the CD into some corner in my closet (I guess you call
                          that the time I retired) and started taking up other games ..until 3 years
                          after.. my old time Chaos buddy sent me an E-mail just to say Hi and stuff..
                          and asked me if i still played SS.. I replied asking "huh? how?.. The
                          servers are gone my CD has been collecting dust for the past 3 years".. then
                          he tells me that there are new servers, he gave me the new server sites to
                          download the new zones.. and well every zone I tried was pretty boring since
                          I was now older and Chaos, Dueling Arizona nor Pro League appealed to me
                          anymore.. then I found Trench Wars.. and it was the most entertaining Zone
                          by far so I stayed in here to play .. I tried to join a couple squads.. I
                          tried out for this squad called "Paragons".. they tested me and dueled me..
                          their leader beat me 2-10 or something.. and so they turned me down...
                          eventually I joined a squad called "Team Titan"... we were a nice little Pub
                          flagging squad.. playing only TWBL cuz we were all pretty much newbies.. I
                          got to play 1 TWBL match and we won. Then the squad started to die off.. no
                          one in it played anymore.. I was the only one in the chat.. so.. eventually
                          I left.. and left wandering alone.. I found an interesting arena called
                          ?elim .. and I started playing in there because I liked the challenge.. of
                          course I came out of every game like 3-10 (ah yes, the good ole' newbie
                          days) .. but it was still fun.. then I found this squad that seemed to know
                          what they were doing in elim.. actually winning.. the squad was
                          called -FINAL-.. so I asked to join them.... to my surprise they let me
                          in!.. and so I started playing for them.. I got some practice in and I
                          gradually started getting better. The squad was good and all.. but it lacked
                          the "fun" that Team Titan had before they died out.. maybe it was because of
                          the constant "Finnish" they kept speaking in Chat and since I didnt know ANY
                          finnish what-so-ever it was kind of boring in chat.. so eventually I left
                          FINAL too but on good terms with Disqualifier. So then I went solo, and I
                          rapidly increased my skills in ?elim .. and before I knew it I was being
                          asked to join numerous squads. I was asked to join -Knightz-, Retaliates..
                          and a couple others.. I was hesitant so I didn't join anything. Then I
                          heard -Knightz- broke up.. and by that time I had started to talk to elim
                          killer a lot.. and he asked if I would join if he started a new squad with
                          me being Co-Captain .. and so I agreed and joined what later became -Legacy-
                          !.. I had a lot of fun, playing for them. .. Then elim killer started going
                          inactive.. so it was eventually gone as well.. so since I had a little
                          experience as a co-leader.. I tried my luck trying to start my own.. I
                          called it -Dynasty- (haha) .. and well that lasted like almost a month
                          before it totally went hay-wire.. bad leadership... so then I once again
                          went solo... and then one day in elim, a person by the name of Sudden_
                          approached me and invited me to Elusive, at that time it was clear Elusive
                          was the powerhouse of TW, it was an offer I couldn't turn down!... then
                          after I played with them for a while, elim killer came back! .. and he asked
                          me to start a new squad with him again, and the loyalty I had for him was
                          unquestionable. I left Elusive to go form a new squad with him right away...
                          and the 2 of us went on a recruiting spree trying to gather up as many
                          elites of TW as possible, soon we had an entire chat brimming with skill,
                          ready to explode and take TW by storm... then .. it seemed that once I
                          wasn't need anymore... elim killer started taking me for granted... barely
                          talking to me, blowing me off whenever I wanted to chat with him. I was
                          pretty upset with this so I told him one day that I wasn't gonna help carry
                          your squad anymore and he blew up on me saying I'm useless, etc... well so I
                          needless to say I left on bad terms. So I was once again squadless..that's
                          when I decided to try my luck again, thus creating Shinobi.. that lasted
                          about a year then it died down.. and it seems at that time Siege was
                          scouting me for quite a while, so then Crome approached me and we talked for
                          a long time, after a while I decided I would play for Siege.
                          After winning my 1st championship with Elusive (their 2nd title) and then 2
                          more back-to-back with Siege, Siege grew tired of the competition, and
                          disbanded. So then I decided to run Shinobi again because of the success I
                          had the first time. Many Siegers ran around squadless so I salvaged as many
                          as I could to help anchor my squad, we did a very good job and almost
                          clinched a title but -Final- (who also picked up Siegers and the disbanded
                          Elusive players) swept us off our feet. Now, with Siege reformed, we are in
                          for some tough competition, but I hope to see a very exciting future for
                          everyone!

Personal Achievements: TWL Season 2 winner (Elusive), TWDL Season 1 winner
                          (Elusive), TWEL 1st place (the first time, when people actually cared), TWL
                          Season 3 winner (Siege), TWL Season 4 winner (Siege), #1 rank in elim 3
                          times ... and a bunch of other small stuff I can't remember.

Squad Achievements: Unfortunately Shinobi hasn't "won" any Leagues titles
                          yet, but has come in as 2nd place many times in many leagues. Always strong
                          contenders but failed to go all the way.

Goals: I hope to one day finally clinch a title in Leagues. Also another
                          goal, which seems much more far-fetched at present, is to pull off a
                          grandslam in league titles (win every league in the same season) .. or even
                          split between a few seasons is fine.

Quote: They hate us because they fear us... They fear us because they
                          respect us... They respect us because..... ...We hand their asses back to
                          them .. Shinobi Style...

This was obviously before shin dissolve/merge with Elusive. Dy is not so active lately, but still comes in from time to time, and owns

Comment

Shriek

Shriek

Squad Leader: Annul
                            Nationality: Azn American
                            Years Playing SS: 2.5 years
                            Foundation Date: November 2001
                            Previous Squads: Antithesis, Digressed, Pragmatic, Zero Hour, Paladen, Unite, sk8, Souls, Melee
                            History: Originally I had not wanted to create a new squad. What with the quick dissolutions of Antithesis and my first squad -HeaveN-, I did not feel that I wanted to go through being a squadleader again. But after talking for a while to Web_ (formerly well known as Webvern), I decided that I would help him make another. Starting off as Deprived, I quickly changed the name to Shriek after a few days. Getting together a few of my long-time friends and squadmates, Shriek started off small but quickly, players began asking me to join. As Shriek grew, I soon got the feeling that we were going to turn into a great squad. Our roster was full of friends and those friends were full of skills. Not only was our chat full and fun, the practice matches we had versus other squads were also awesome. Now we're in our first TWL and we hope to make the best of it. I figure, even if we don't win it all, at least we get to play together and do our best.
                            Personal Achievements: I'm a newbie.
                            Squad Achievements: Since we're still a relatively new squad, we haven't had much time to gather together any titles.
                            Goals: Have FUN. End of story.
                            Quote: none

Shriek ended during the playoffs, did well during the season.
                            Now have pleasure of playing alongside Annul and Herc in Elusive.

Comment

Siege

Siege

Squad Leader: Crome
                              Nationality: Puerto Rican
                              Years Playing SS: About 5
                              Foundation Date: November 1999
                              Previous Squads: Prophacy, -FINAL-, Emerge (Prophacy and Emerge were squads I led)
                              History: In Prophacy is where I started my TW life at. I had assembled a squad with a few
                              of today's most prominent players. When fireballz left me to join BURNT, Prophacy fell since he was our core player. In -FINAL- I quickly became a leader figure there and became assistant captain within 2 weeks. -FINAL- was where I got my first taste of championship calibre playing. I was working under Disqualifier who was/is one of my inspirational leaders (KJW, Win95).

Fireballz then asked me to create a squad with him. The recruitment pool had a lot
                              of potential stars so I decided to make EMERGE. With EMERGE I had a lot of talent, but with Frakture in the midst, I decided to merge with another powerful squad, Deceit. Then Siege emerged from EMERGE. We quickly became rivals with Elusive (Frakture's child). Siege worked hard with Banzi backing me up in the leadership role. I recruited some old stars to give us some vet standings and I recruited some new stars like Zeno and Banzi who hadn't got the full exposure they deserved. Both of them later became two of TW's most powerful players. Siege won 3 out of the 5 meetings with Elusive, and took the title of the most dominant in TW.

We broke up to let other squads have the time to shine and because we just didn't
                              have a drive to win anymore. We kept the chat and with TWL being slowed down to a waiting period of 5 months, I started Siege back up and when given the chance to run TWL I took it and got the league going in full gear again.

Personal Achievements: 2 TWL championships, consecutively. 1 TWLD championship.
                              Squad Achievements: Siege, 2 time TWL Season champions, in a row, and winning flawlessly. Record for most wins, longest winning streak in TWL. Siege's players are mostly ranked (player opinions) as some of the most dominant players in TW. Stats support that.
                              Goals: With TWLB hurting our image, we are no more focused and determined to win TWLJ and TWLD with flawless victories. Lot of competition with Elusive still being a force, and Light pounding hard on our door. Siege will show Elusive why we beat them 3 times, and our veterans will show Light why we are considered one of the most dominant squads.
                              Quote: Siege - WE put the LAUGHTER back in SLAUGHTER.

Siege won TWLD last season. Much respect to Crome for making TWL more succesful then ever before, and leading Siege to another championship. From what ive heard he can be found in Hockey these days, though he is squadjoined to WTFZ.

Comment

Working...
                              X