Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are the rules to banning a cheater so ignorant and strict?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are the rules to banning a cheater so ignorant and strict?

I'll keep this short...

Someone was obviously using cheats in a dd earlier today, which i forget who because my memory span is shorter than izors list of girls he's had sex with

People did cheater calls on him, and staff said something like
    "Rules state that we need undisputed evidence in the form of 3 upper staff on their staff names witnessing it"

heres my point, no one who cheats, whether they be an idiot or not, will keep the cheat on when they see 3 upper staff mods watching them, i mean thats like bank robbers going into the bank naked smiling for the bank cameras and spreading their blood and fingerprints all over the counter, no one but a crackhead would do that, and ppl that play tw arnt crackheads because they would be fiending for crack instead of playing tw

thank you for listening,

Exalt
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Maybe they were just bullshitting you because they don't want to give away how they actually do it?
    (\ (\
    ( ^_^)
    (_(")(")

last.fm
    "I like my coffee black, just like my metal."

Comment

maybe your a newbie who ive never heard of

or maybe your a staff member

or maybe your both
      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

This can't be correct. We don't need 3 upper staffers to get a guy banned if he actually is visibly doing it.
        Originally Posted by HeavenSent
        You won't have to wait another 4 years.
        There wont be another election for president.
        Obama is the Omega President.
        http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Da1andonly
          This can't be correct. We don't need 3 upper staffers to get a guy banned if he actually is visibly doing it.

well what im saying is, no one with half a brain would keep a cheat on if they see any an upper staff member in the arena... mods need to use their aliases more to catch cheaters
          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

you're*
            7:Randedl> afk, putting on makeup
            1:Rough> is radiation an element?
            8:Rasta> i see fro as bein one of those guys on campus singing to girls tryin to get in their pants $ ez
            Broly> your voice is like a instant orgasm froe
            Piston> I own in belim
            6: P H> i fucked a dude in the ass once

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt
              ppl that play tw arnt crackheads because they would be fiending for crack instead of playing tw
              are you forgetting cig smoke
              Originally posted by turmio
              jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
              Originally posted by grand
              I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt

my memory span is shorter than izors list of girls he's had sex with

Exalt
                lol man that was funny as hell
                1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
                1:Cower> Sword
                1:Kthx> ok
                1:Cower> Axe
                1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
                1:Cower> ?
                1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

Another incident of isolating one case that doesn't go your way and using it to make sweeping generalizations.

I L O V E I T
                  ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                  Failure teaches success.
                  . â–²
                  ▲ ▲

Comment

Still, its not like most mods really care <_<

Comment

Whoever said this to you is wrong.
                      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                      www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kim
                        Another incident of isolating one case that doesn't go your way and using it to make sweeping generalizations.
                        Maybe you'd have to wonder why different staffers have different opinions on what the rules are.
                        Maybe it's because there are no rules, if there are no rules/guidelines TW will be full of these cases and it would be smart to mention them then.
                        You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Zerzera
                          Maybe you'd have to wonder why different staffers have different opinions on what the rules are.
                          Maybe it's because there are no rules, if there are no rules/guidelines TW will be full of these cases and it would be smart to mention them then.
                          Wrong again ZZ. There are strict rules and procedures for banning including observation, ban length and association. Maybe if you took the time as a ZH to check it out you'd know now. This responce was clearly a misinformed ZH giving bad information. If Exalt would give that name to the smods/sysops he/she will be informed and shit gets done.

A moderator does not need another Mod or Smod to ban. Second opinions are used sometimes to make sure the person is abusing/hacking. The rest is Moderator stuff and not given out to players for very simple reasons. Everything you need to know to stay out of being banned is at A1.
                          Last edited by Kolar; 01-15-2006, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
                            Wrong again ZZ. There are strict rules and procedures for banning including observation, ban length and association. Maybe if you took the time as a ZH to check it out you'd know now. This responce was clearly a misinformed ZH giving bad information. If Exalt would give that name to the smods/sysops he/she will be informed and shit gets done.

A moderator does not need another Mod or Smod to ban. Second opinions are used sometimes to make sure the person is abusing/hacking. The rest is Moderator stuff and not given out to players for very simple reasons. Everything you need to know to stay out of being banned is at A1.
                            I agree with Exalt to an extent here Kolar. To most mature/older staffers, the rules are clear. Yet members of staff, even older ones on occasion - abuse their power in small ways such as making up random shit.

The problem lies with the people on staff. Alot of them are just too young, and immature to take it seriously. I understand being a staff member on an online game isn't the greatest thing in the world - but if your not going to take it seriously, don't join it. I think some things need to be set in place to keep staff more professional, and make it public. Age restrictions to start, because i don't give a shit - some 15 years old kid gets staff, he will abuse it sooner or later.

Exalts right, too many ZHs act like they have all the power in the world. These guys should be taken care of. I've seen alot of good staffers go through the ranks (go shayde!) - but I've seen far too many more sit on staff inactively until their kicked off for abuse, or because they havent been seen online in days. I know Im ranting far too much here, all Im saying is trim the staff buds man.
                            7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
                            7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
                            7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
                            7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
                            1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

The age restriction wouldnt help that much Capital.

In the end, there is always someone who is ~25 age person who still acts like a kid, however even the experienced staffmembers may not dare to ban a person, and that's why tells a person in need of help that he needs more oppinions to move on on the procedure.

Yes, I agree on that if a person isnt going to take it seriously, to help the zone and the players of it, and to improve it, then dont join it, but some people when joining, dont know what's up to come when they become moderators, and when they do, they're like "What.. err if I get this wrong I'm so gonna be axed".

However as I said, making up an age restriction wouldnt help that much, it's about seriousness and how they dare to solve the situations.

Abusing again, we cant prove if anyone abuses, not if you're not staff and *watchgreen or so on. However there are many countries on this world, some players lag, some players eat 5/10 shots, some player seems to be jumping and his ping is normal. StaffMembers anyways are trying to take care of these people, but they cant do it perfectly.
                              3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
                              3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
                              3:i.d.> da fk is that?
                              3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
                              3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
                              3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
                              3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
                              3:Shadowmere> LOL
                              3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
                              Shadowmere> Rofl
                              Up in ya !> With his feet
                              Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
                              Up in ya !> l44t feet
                              Deft> l44t f44t*
                              Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
                              Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Working...
                              X