Clear All

Originally posted by JeBu
    should I post this to TWPS?

Yeah but make sure you write it up properly
    STARKITTY
    A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

Your idea Jebu is a fine one indeed. Most things can be put into action fairly easy from what I know about the current bots. I won't limit the wb's, maybe not even the terrs. Cloaker and lev should be banned entirely and maybe a limit between 3 and 5 javs per team. The warps are great, and I also second the scoreboard. Doing this in pub 0 does mean the player limit of the pub should be raised or this should be implentend in 2 public arena's. With that, we could keep 2 base publics with the current settings and the rest of the pubs old school.
      Jason> God said, "Heh, I'm gonna give Eve some nice titties."
      Dyers eve> God wanted me to have nice titties?
      Superstar> Yes eve, he does want you to have nice titties. To bad he placed them on the wrong spot. Cup C size balls.

---------------------------------------------------

Greetz Dyers eve

Comment

Thumbs up :greedy:
        Makelele> whos camping
        Sumpson> mitch
        KiAN> Mitch mind not camping?
        Lemar> mitch
        Mitch> shut the fuck up and get in

Comment

Public arenas are not going to have their ships limited because they are a Public arena where everyone gets the chance to play what they want (except for the Levithan in this case). Also the majority of Public players do not want ?go base settings in the arena, is why they choose to play in that arena. A situation that Jebu posted in his screenshot rarely occurs, I know because I play there. Lastly, the Moderators already have a systems which we use to track down teamkillers etc.
          "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
          • Shark
          • Dicer
          • Sager
          • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

One think could be (if its even possible) to make you get -1 kill, when you teamkill someone. This will demand alot of work tho.

Comment

i knew moot will be against this.

no that's not rare there is always too many javs.

+ ?go base isn't active enought and still with this idea pub would be more relaxing. this would also bring more "veterans" to pub when there is no ?go base going on.
              www.BasingCrew.com

Comment

Why not go the levi route and just say javs can't attach unless they have 20 bounty? Sure they're quick enough to fly up the tube, but defending fr will greatly limit the number of javs and make it harder to play.
                3:sarger> the expression on her face said "ez" but the "arms" said "IMPOSSIBLE"

For some reason, this guy decided to post the entire wiki (or other) on pancakes. -Aquatiq

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse WOW!
                  Why not go the levi route and just say javs can't attach unless they have 20 bounty? Sure they're quick enough to fly up the tube, but defending fr will greatly limit the number of javs and make it harder to play.
                  because idea would be that its closer league style but same time players still could get in which some newbs wont get in go base or twbd and its more than 8v8 + unlimited wbs and lancs and players still could try some stupid things which they cant do in ?go base
                  www.BasingCrew.com

Comment

"i knew moot will be against this." By Jebu

Damn right I would be. Players in public play, because of the freedom of ship, rather than the bordem fest of ?go cramslashcampville.

"no that's not rare there is always too many javs." By Jebu

I suggest you actually spend more than 5 minutes in the Public arena before making judgement. Even right now casually speccing flagroom while writing this, there are one Javelin out of 10 ships. Sure, sometimes there is the odd occasion where there are 5 Javelins? So what, there are bigger issues to deal with, and as I've said Moderators have systems in which we deal with Teamkillers.

"+ ?go base isn't active enought and still with this idea pub would be more relaxing. this would also bring more "veterans" to pub when there is no ?go base going on." By Jebu

The faultering of ?go base is not our problem. When no ?go base is not going on, usually during the afternoon New Zealand time (Europeans just waking up and Americans asleep) that is when Pure Public is at its best. It is simply chaos in that arena, and flagrooms are NOT filled with Javelins.
                    "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
                    • Shark
                    • Dicer
                    • Sager
                    • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

I'm with Mootland on this one.
                      I agree that there are too many javs but I don't think restrictions are the way to go.
                      Restrictions amount to people 'hogging' the restricted spots. So you have to have either no restrictions, or complete (like none of that ship at all)
                      Restrictions work in ?go base because the caps choose who goes where, and generally the caps know what they're doing. Pubs have no caps.You'll get more people who sit in spec waiting to get in their favourite ship, much like people sit in other arenas waiting to get into pub 0.

I did like Pressure Drops idea of a small attach bounty though. It'll piss people off though, so just a miniscule one... 20 is overkill.

Originally posted by Disliked
                      Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                      +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Re-insert the lev into pure pub arenas. We will put those javs in their place and dispense some justics....levi style! :grin:
                        The Scrotal Master
                        "Master of Scrotal Matters"
                        "Harbringer of d00m!"

now appearing as ::drumroll::
                        box turtle

http://www.cafepress.com/historicemblems

Comment

We shouldn't all have to ?go base, for some decent fun. Often during the better hours there are too many people playing and it's harder to get picked. The one thing that no one can deny about base is it's super cram & camp (atleast when you're fighting a good team). The second thing about pub is that you can have more than 8 players.
                          -If you stay in pub 0 long enough, you will notice a minimum of three javs per team most of the time.

With everyone suggestions, I propose these changes :
                          -Without limiting javs, require them to have atleast 15 bounty before they can attach
                          -Boot the people that remain in spec for over 3 minutes (to make room for more players who will actually play)
                          -Change the TK warning to display on the TKer's screen also
                          -Change the flag-time to 5 minutes

Any other suggestions?
                          Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
                          -Buddha

Comment

2manyjavs? or....toofewjavs?

http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/6946/2fewjavs1ab.jpg

i think the limit should not be implemented. not every pub will be filled with all javs in the base, i think.
                            thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

all right. making an attach bounty wont work because there will still be dozens of javelins in mid-base shooting up and you need 1 shark to defend the entrance. to whoever said along the lines of "freedom of picking their own ship" is an arguement that should not be taken into consideration since you have already taken away the levi. if you even try to tell us that levi is destroying a decent pub-base-game, then i suggest you to watch how much of a basing game becomes when a team is full of javs.
                              so in conclusion:

Limit javelins (2 / team)
                              add scoreboard and warping in ear also reset the ships so they cant mine in the other ear
                              remove levi and weasel
                              do not add a limit on wbs / lancs because they are good fighting ships
                              TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

^ I don't often agree with him, but this is one of those times.
                                Originally posted by Tone
                                It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                                Originally posted by the_paul
                                Gargle battery acid fuckface
                                Originally posted by Material Girl
                                I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Working...
                                X