too many javs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeBu
    And it's not only for veterans also some newbies like this idea and most are against it because they can't imagine what kind of pubbing it would be. And it would be much better than current one.
    I disagree

I still think that putting a limit in jav would cuase many arguments over who got it and that makes the game a more hostile and unpleasent affair than it allready is.

I do think there are to many javs and a limit sounds like a good idea to combat it, but in practice i think it would cuase alot of bickering which would put more ppl off the game.

imagine the arguments and the ?help calls if there where 2 javs per team and one went into safe for 5 mins so he didn't lose his spot. Imagine the arguments cuased by the ppl wanting jav and giving abuse to the jav to try and get them out so they can take the spot. There are many in this game that are very selfish and would just whine at the jav untill they got it then hog it.

The only way i could posibly see this idea working is like when you do !warp to the bot do !jav to the bot then next round 2 ppl who !jav are randomly ship changed to jav and the old javs are reset to spider by defualt (not locked) if they weren't picked. If they spec'ed or left then someone form the !jav list is randomly switched to replace them.

This would be fair but maybe hard or impossible to code, idk can you save a list for the duration of a game?

However as pointed out this is only pub 0 and for new players it will be confusing for them as pub0 diverges further still from the other pubs.

mind you i pretty much only play pub 0 now out of the other pubs and when its full i'm tempted to go to a sub arena like base or javs rather than the mess off lt's and almost zero ppl going for flag in the normal pubs.
    In my world,
    I am King

sigpic

Comment

I stopped reading after page 1. We're talking about implementing these changes on 1 of (as others stated) many arenas. I work till 4am and base isn't on, so I try to pure pub. The Javelin thing, is not a rare occourance. It happens alot, and it really ruins it. All the good people leave, or log off. You can have your freedom of ships, and pub playing style in the other 3 or 4 pubs. Let's finally make pure pub as close to the real thing as we can, so that it can be a truly effective stepping stone into the basing community.
      7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
      7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
      7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
      7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
      1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

Pub is never going to resemble anything NEAR actual basing and no one can understand that. Until you have a system that can allow for cramming in pub everything there is useless (except fr fights).
        I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
        I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Izor
          Pub is never going to resemble anything NEAR actual basing and no one can understand that. Until you have a system that can allow for cramming in pub everything there is useless (except fr fights).
          same goes for base and bd's compared to lb, except you add cramming
          TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Capital Knockers
            I stopped reading after page 1. We're talking about implementing these changes on 1 of (as others stated) many arenas. I work till 4am and base isn't on, so I try to pure pub. The Javelin thing, is not a rare occourance. It happens alot, and it really ruins it. All the good people leave, or log off. You can have your freedom of ships, and pub playing style in the other 3 or 4 pubs. Let's finally make pure pub as close to the real thing as we can, so that it can be a truly effective stepping stone into the basing community.
            ya i agree tw community is getting inactive we are losing old players and we aren't getting new players. so we should change more sthings so old players will enjoy. new players will learn faster if they play with veterans.

and someone said about arguing who gets jav. well there is more arguing about teamkilling and ppl ask other change off from jav.

there is many ideas how we could solve this problem who gets jav.
            few examples:

1)when gamestyle is changed to time race to 5 or 10 minutes. it could be so same player can jav only 1 game in the row.

2)usage limit for jav (not the best idea cuz then players would idle for usage like they do for elim aliases)

3)top 2 with score from each team would get jav.

but seriosly im sure players whine more about teamkilling than if someone is javing because they still could spider, lanc or wb which is more fun if there is less javs.
            www.BasingCrew.com

Comment

!warp into mid not base little more room so 10 terrs don't burst the FR. Placed for everyone at start instead of requesting !warp is good.

No ship limits in pub, the ships ebb and flow as time goes on.

Comment

I have left a thread about haveing a jav limit inside pure pub. But no one wanted to listen to me. But I have left this same thread and nothing was done. I doubt any of this will happen.
                1:Blasphemy> if ur gonna put a jav in line
                1:Blasphemy> we gotta have people like eelam and kian in
                1:Blasphemy> from the beginning

1:exquisite> u know whats wierd
                1:exquisite> having ur dad talk to u on AIM
                1:exquisite> like zzzzz
                1:Ease> you think thats wierd?
                1:exquisite> ya
                1:Ease> try skipping school
                1:Ease> and having ur mom IM you
                1:Kian> LOL EASE
                1:Collusion> LOOL
                1:exquisite> LOL

Comment

I thought this title said "too many jews" which would be alot worse then this topic already is.
                  Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                  sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Let's ask Booker T.
                    Originally posted by turmio
                    jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                    Originally posted by grand
                    I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Too many JeBus
                      -Kawrae

Comment

Comment

Whoa, I'm in there! But what the fuck was I pointing at?
                          Originally posted by Tone
                          It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                          Originally posted by the_paul
                          Gargle battery acid fuckface
                          Originally posted by Material Girl
                          I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

nice ships 3D. and whats your name again PH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tone
                              It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                              Originally posted by the_paul
                              Gargle battery acid fuckface
                              Originally posted by Material Girl
                              I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Jebu, twbd2 needs you right away!
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Mootland Farmer; 01-31-2006, 08:27 PM.
                                "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
                                • Shark
                                • Dicer
                                • Sager
                                • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

Working...
                                X