Suggestions for subspace's 10th birthday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for subspace's 10th birthday

You may or may not beware that subspace is reaching its 10th birthday in a few weeks. This I feel is a event that shouldn't go unnoticed, and I'm calling on any suggestions which might make it special, from events you like being hosted, (try to think of rare events that you have enjoyed but hardly ever see hosted), to suggestions on a grander scale.

I have some suport from fellow staffers and they have also agreed they would be up for planning something special, so please if you have any idea's, whackey or not, post them here. We are planning to hopefully to do this celebration on the 12th of March, but no final decisions as I don't know what plans there may be for twl. However I can't give you a exact date of subspace's birthday, but I know its in march time, also any facts on this would be helpful.
    British> my 18th tomoz $$
    Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Just host a lot of events.

Comment

A post like this has alreayd been made, tax =P

How you doing though? Tis Sniper* from bs
      1:Hydride> who we play next week
      1:ReNdErED> Pandora
      1:ReNdErED> gulp
      1:ReNdErED> if i see Ease im shiftin across map

1:Hydride> best feeling EVER
      1:Hydride> its like if you get sacked and when the pain goes away feeling x 999999999999999999999999
      1:cranium> uve obviously never fucked a plastic bag filled with jelly inbetween the couch cushions
      1:menelvagor> ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL
      1:cranium> talk about a feeling

Comment

* Make a birthday party map for pub (with balloons, and cake and banners)
        * Host some of the first ever events in TW
        * Dig up some of the first players and get them on a team vs world
        * See if we can contact JeffP (anyone know how to?)
        * Recreate some of the old and/or famous squads
        * Put up a copy of alpha zone and warzone in seperate arenas for us oldies
        * Have some competitions or something, get some prizes donated
        * Play sardines (on the zombies map, maybe)
        * Have a charity auction of subspace memorabilia (proceeds to server fund)
        * Fly the whole population of TW to a private island for a massive party

Just a few to get you going.

LEM
        DinkyKitty.com - news, reviews and articles of a techy nature

Comment

Originally posted by Lemmin

LEM
          I like that idea.
          Warning: Disconnected From Server.
          paralyze> what is this, some sort of gay-out?
          paralyze> and nice try
          Sleuth> WTF
          Sleuth> OK QUIET
          JuNkA> LOL
          Sleuth> THOUGHTS COMING
          Sleuth> SHHH

Warning: Disconnected From Server
          Thoughts> u wish
          Sleuth> WHAT THE FUCK
          Vue> LOOL
          Sleuth> LOLOLOLOL
          Sleuth> ABBOT IS COMING
          Sleuth> QUIET

Warning: Disconnected from server
          abbot> ..
          Thoughts> LMFAO
          paralyze> ROFL
          Sleuth> stfu

Comment

)

LEM
            ooo yea that would be fun, its bad enff when a twl game is on with all the spam and shit on chat, i cant think what it would be like with 500+ people in 1 place

hosting old events would be good idea, but what about hosting a new event for the 1st time too? maby get the twdev to make something for it? or finish something? :P
            Cat: You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? 'Hey man. You threw the stick, you go and get it yourself, I'm busy. If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?'

Comment

should definitely be a big WW3 event on that day
              1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
              1:Cower> Sword
              1:Kthx> ok
              1:Cower> Axe
              1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
              1:Cower> ?
              1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

* Make a birthday party map for pub (with balloons, and cake and banners)
                With a little goodie bag on exiting zone?

How about a bouncy castle? Some wormholes at the bottom and some serious wall bounce, and presto!
                Last edited by Superted; 02-17-2006, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Get drunk and stoned then play xD

Seriously who cares about the 10th birthday none cared about the 1st 2nd 3rd ect ect.

If you really wanna make a big deal make a new ship of some sort or change the settings on the old ones cuz they r getting boring...played 6 years and nothing much has changed cept lanc and x =/

Comment

Justdont host alotofevents..HOST THE EVERY EVENTS! (Including Trivia/Acro 10 rounds)
                    Put up a new pub map (and Imean NEW/Justfor one day)
                    AND possibly a zone vs zone match thing? just a thought. :fear:

yep my ideas :grin:
                    Last edited by PrOnEsSim; 02-17-2006, 01:28 PM.
                    TWLD Champion 2014
                    TWDTB Champion 2013
                    TWDTB Champion 2016
                    TWDTB Champion 2017
                    TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
                    -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

aye host every event, and the one that wins the most gets a prize!
                      Cat: You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? 'Hey man. You threw the stick, you go and get it yourself, I'm busy. If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?'

Comment

Lan Party in Aruba. I'm sure rates are affordable since that girl got teamed.

Comment

1)Change the public arena map
                          2)Make a change to public so people will try to get the flag more and not just fight outside the public base
                          3)Host a lot of events (take requests from normal players)
                          4)Host different events (such as balancezombies, or some kind of event you need 2 hosts to look after something etc?)
                          5)Have a few elim and baseelims running at the same time, for example baseelim2, elim 2 (both needs 1k usage for the time?)
                          6)Advert Trench Wars to other zones and gather all zones to here, on some forums (outside the SubSpace), get more players to play for the day and promise them something special from normal.
                          7)Host many events at once if there are many players. Make the games about 7pm GMT please.
                          Last edited by Shadowmere; 02-17-2006, 11:17 AM.
                          3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
                          3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
                          3:i.d.> da fk is that?
                          3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
                          3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
                          3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
                          3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
                          3:Shadowmere> LOL
                          3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
                          Shadowmere> Rofl
                          Up in ya !> With his feet
                          Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
                          Up in ya !> l44t feet
                          Deft> l44t f44t*
                          Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
                          Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

I have just contacted a few owners of other zones and we may be able to organize something special! A big event happening in each zone! (the most popular ones of course or else were gonna have some 10-15 people showing).

The problem is... will you guys participate? We are the biggest population so the success of this mainly depends on us! Also we will make a vote about what will be the big event for us! My personal opinion: A NASTY WB DM!
                            Elmo!> Hola
                            KJW> Elimo!
                            Nimrook> Melo!
                            yungsta> jello!

Comment

massive hockey tournament, the winner get's to chose 5 people he wants permanently banned. (excluding DoCk>, priitk, and Me, lolol)
                              1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                              3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                              3:Best> see it coming
                              3:Best> sad

Comment

Working...
                              X