Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

I know this thread has been started before but:

I browse these forums from time to time, and i dont make threads very often but while i browse, I find myself coming across hate towards newer players and how they totally screwed this game up... Its mostly a few "vets" who are still living in their glory days... Well anways, i was just wondering, why is their so much hatred towards "noobs"

I know some are total dickheads and their man purpose is to ruin the fun for everyone, but what about the pub players that keep this game alive. Im not sure, but im guessing that about half the population has started playing in the last 2 years or so. Without them, this game wouldnt be half as exciting, and might not have made it this far.. Hell i've only played 3 years or so and you can call me a noob or whatnot, but I keep playing it because its something to do.

So to finish this post, someone enlighten me why poeple feel the need to put others down based on the year they started?

seems like people want you to PROVE to them that you're worthy of being listened to...
    which is stupid, but I mean, not entirely pointless... you aren't going to take someone who joined in 2006 so seriously are you???

but you're right. that doesn't mean you should make fun of them or completely ignore them.... just question their validity

it kind of IS a community I guess... with its own standards..

like, I'm sure someone'll be stupid and post something intended to make fun of you, although you probably don't care, but that's just the way it is, meh, whatever.
    Last edited by Aquatiq; 02-18-2006, 01:11 AM.

Comment

hell, I've only been active in this game for 8 months.
      Warning: Disconnected From Server.
      paralyze> what is this, some sort of gay-out?
      paralyze> and nice try
      Sleuth> WTF
      Sleuth> OK QUIET
      JuNkA> LOL
      Sleuth> THOUGHTS COMING
      Sleuth> SHHH

Warning: Disconnected From Server
      Thoughts> u wish
      Sleuth> WHAT THE FUCK
      Vue> LOOL
      Sleuth> LOLOLOLOL
      Sleuth> ABBOT IS COMING
      Sleuth> QUIET

Warning: Disconnected from server
      abbot> ..
      Thoughts> LMFAO
      paralyze> ROFL
      Sleuth> stfu

Comment

Originally posted by golden duck

I browse these forums from time to time, and i dont make threads very often but while i browse, I find myself coming across hate towards newer players and how they totally screwed this game up... Its mostly a few "vets" who are still living in their glory days... Well anways, i was just wondering, why is their so much hatred towards "noobs"

I know some are total dickheads and their man purpose is to ruin the fun for everyone, but what about the pub players that keep this game alive. Im not sure, but im guessing that about half the population has started playing in the last 2 years or so. Without them, this game wouldnt be half as exciting, and might not have made it this far.. Hell i've only played 3 years or so and you can call me a noob or whatnot, but I keep playing it because its something to do.

So to finish this post, someone enlighten me why poeple feel the need to put others down based on the year they started?

some people are shit, ignore them
        there are many vets who are nice and like to help new players and explain them the game.

sure vets hate newbies who play like shit, tell them to stop, but they keep doing wrong. i agree its pissing off to see someone who is like, doesnt want to learn.

as you said, some people are just shit, the fact they play this game for 2-3-4 years doesnt make them a better person.

Comment

I thought noob meant new ->stupid<- players...
          Someone who is new but says he's good and better than anyone, that'll piss the vets off.
          Gazo> STOP WASTING REPS EVUL
          Evul> gazo who r u?
          Evul>SO STFU

Comment

i been playing ages and i still feel like a newb
            Arsenal

Comment

Comment

http://www.passapage.com/images/babiesmiddlefinger.jpg
                7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                TWLB All-Star Season 10
                Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Leech, banned.
                  Last edited by Kim; 02-20-2006, 10:47 PM.
                  7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                  Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                  TWLJ Champion Season 11
                  TWLB All-Star Season 10
                  Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Working...
                  X