Basematch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basematch

So yeah I'm bored and thinking of weird games to combine...
    What about basing + deathmatch?
    Wouldn't be normal basing settings / shipcounts of course... say, certain ships get a number of deaths before they're out, and the are 3 goals to shoot for: flag time, points, and being the last alive. whichever team wins in 2 categories wins.

for settings... give sharks many more than 3 repels... or just adjust their number of deaths to something higher. either way. spiders would get say.. 25 deaths. sharks'd get more.. 40-50ish? terrs would have 25. oh and btw this wouldn't be 8v8. i know this'd probably create a lot LOT of camping, but maybe host it in a base where camping is useless? if it's deathmatch-type, I'd think about making it very easy to get into the fr, so you don't have to keep sacrificing yourself...

it'd require either multiple bots going at the same time, or new bots... perhaps a new arena. but what do you all think? does it have a chance in the future? would it be interesting to try (not to replace ?go base, but just a normal event on its own... "Basematch" or something). looking for opinions / criticism, because I know I left a lot of details out (intentionally) :P
    Last edited by Aquatiq; 03-20-2006, 10:38 PM. Reason: title :P

Interesting idea.

Comment

Definately something interesting. The map shouldn't be the same as base though.
      Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
      -Buddha

Comment

I like it. Obviously needs to be thought out a little bit but its a good idea.
        -Bubbles
        Phillie> lag isnt skill btw F-35
        Kthx> yes it is, newbie.

Comment

good idea, make it an odd number of flags of course

Comment

I tried hosting that once before, but it didn't work out so well when you had sharks being eliminated quickly which then made most of the spiders go.

But, in the same vein, a "Battlefield 1942" style map with a ticket-based score would work. You have a base with 3 flags (bottom, mid, top). And your team has 500 "tickets". When you die and respawn in, you lose a ticket. If your team has at least half the flags on the map (in this case, 2/3) you will make the opposing team's ticket counter go down 1 point every second you continue to hold 2 flags. And in the interest of fairness, sharks shouldn't count toward the ticket counter.

In the end, the team who has the fewest tickets when the time is over, or the team who makes the opposing team's ticket counter run to 0, is declared the winner.
            DELETED

Comment

The idea is good, tho terrs should have alot less deaths then spiders.
              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

*bump*

lol what a successful bump
                Last edited by Aquatiq; 03-23-2006, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X