Warp bar in ?go base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warp bar in ?go base

As a shark, I really like tube/tunnel play, and this completely removes it. It's not too ridiculous because spiders can be sent through to their deaths to counter mining the warp point. It makes it tougher to fake a td to try and lure the enemy out, because they won't push out as much.

Overall, I like it better without it. It was fun to try out though.
    afksry

Thanks

For those who didn't get to play it, this is what the warp bars did. I set up three hotspots in twbot to warp when players got need a the bar in spawn.

Here is a map of where I added the hotspots.
    The left blue circle warps to the left "ear" of midbase. The right blue circle warps to the right "ear" of midbase. The center circle warps to the bottom of midbase, where the tube enters. I marked these spots in red on this.

Should any ER+ wish to add the hotspots again, here are the commands for a twbot:
    !load hotspots
    !addspot 502 473 5 460 284
    !addspot 512 473 5 512 333
    !addspot 522 473 5 564 284
    People who are rather more than six feet tall and nearly as broad across the shoulders often have uneventful journeys. People jump out at them from behind rocks then say things like, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you were someone else."

Comment

Thanks Kyace for the effort. I wasn't 100% sure I remembered correctly who did it, so I didn't give credit.

I'm always up for trying out something new, and I would occasionally play with warps again.
      afksry

Comment

dosnt this kind of take away from the game?
        4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
        4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
        4:Geio> DEEZ?
        4:Geio> LOLOL
        4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
        4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
        4:spirit> LOL
        4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
        4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

i thought you were just fucking around with it kyace.

its cool when you dont want to fly from the bottom of the map to the base, but it sucks cause the opposing team can so easily just camp their spiders or warbirds there, and when we finally clear mid it takes them a second to get back in there.

and what ignominay said about shark as well.
          sigpic
          All good things must come to an end.

Comment

You know before i played in the bar warp game i though, hm, this is going to be shit for a number of reasons. Bar warp means you can get back into base much quicker, therefore you cant go middle and shoot down tube and it also ment you have to clear fr faster. However as i started to play with it i found i liked it more and more. Fr fights were common and more frequent and there was none of that spray tube with fire stuff with i hate. It then ment that spiders fightening in middle and trying to flank occured a lot more and added another dimension to the game, instead of just holding cram the defending team could flank with two spiders and try and trap them. Overall i found it really interesting and would like to see more of it.

My idea for base is that we put in four maps and have separate warp coords for each. Before every game a vote occurs and you play one of the maps, each week the least played map gets replaced. This keeps the arena fresh and new i mean in EG they change the public map once every 2 months and it always feels new and exciting. Here in tw im fed up and fighting in the same places, so lets get some new maps up and roatae/vote for them?
            Makelele> whos camping
            Sumpson> mitch
            KiAN> Mitch mind not camping?
            Lemar> mitch
            Mitch> shut the fuck up and get in

Comment

It was an interesting change of pace, but I agree. I'm a shark, I like using my mines and stuff to prevent them from getting in the base. It's great when you can milk a minute or two of flagtime outta the enemy terrier's stupidity.
              7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
              7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
              7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
              7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
              1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

it will not create more fr fight. it will increase more cram time.

teams wont be sure where the other team will warp to. so they will just stay in cram. fun
                1 + 1 = 1

Comment

never seen it in action

to these "sharks" that like to mine the tube ....
                  i've seen a shit load of sharks doing this , saving their reps for themselves and running to safe to get bty etc ...

thats not really sharking its laming, just like thouse x's that chose the camping spots and run when chased

if you want to shark proper stick wit your terr and rep to try and get flag. many times i've seen a shark camping in tube and never using its reps to clear out the mines blocking the flag room entrance.

many like this part of the game, but its not teaming and for me its not sharking either

another reason this might be a good idea as it might counter when teams get unbalanced and become 11vs 7 wit some on the 7 on roof and the rest no chance to get bcae, in these scenarios freq hoping after saying > this team is n00b i'm switching .... is common
                  In my world,
                  I am King

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nethila

teams wont be sure where the other team will warp to. so they will just stay in cram. fun

in pub the cram isn't exatly tight with 2 sharks cramming

EDIT : lol o it was ?go base ? oops thought pub 0 after getting carried away and forgeting why i was originaly posting, ehm no to base but maybe a good idea for pub0 which i play alot
                    Last edited by Pressure Drop; 06-17-2006, 05:09 PM.
                    In my world,
                    I am King

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure Drop
                      maybe a good idea for pub0
                      I shuddered just thinking of the mass numbers of warp point campers and how many "team has too many mines" messages you would get.

Don't think of bringing that on yourself.
                      afksry

Comment

Originally posted by Nethila

With the hotspots, it seemed as if the defender couldn't setup a full cram in the time it took them to clear out fr before the terrier got back.

Neth, you can try it. I posted the commands. Personally I think that the case where two teams are in fr, one terrier dies and the other team tries to clean out fr and set up a cram, is fairly normal. I hosted base 3 times with the warp bar and base2 3 times, the only game that had a lot of cram time was where one team was way out its league against the other.
                        People who are rather more than six feet tall and nearly as broad across the shoulders often have uneventful journeys. People jump out at them from behind rocks then say things like, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you were someone else."

Comment

Rebuttle

Originally posted by Scoop
                          dosnt this kind of take away from the game?
                          I agree. That is part of the game. What makes it that much more exciting.

Comment

Working...
                          X