Discrimination based on squadnames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discrimination based on squadnames

Rule 4 on A1 (Grid coordinate), states that Discrimination is not allowed. How does Upper Staff define discrimination?

I bring this up because I don't think squadowners that run TWD squads, should mock any race, religion, or person, just because they want to be smart about it.

A new squad JIHADSQUAD was made, and I didn't care personally for the squadname, but their TWD page is just ridiculous. I'm sure any real Muslim that plays this game would be offended, just like they were offended when the Danish newspaper decided to print "mock cartoons" of their Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him)

Sure this is just a 2D spaceship game. But how far is too far, even when it comes to mockery?

I do not say this because I'm muslim, and it's obvious I'm not, but in general. Are we as a society just blind to such mockery and discrimination based on religion, and just choose to do it in a smart way to get away with it?

To me it's not "just a squadname" and "just a squad", it's lack of respect for the Muslim culture.

Please take this as a serious note.

Best Regards.

Lol, as much as this could be funny, it seriously isn't

But I'm guessing staff was too blind to notice something of the such.
    Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
    -Buddha

Comment

If muslims didn't want a squad named after them, maybe they shouldn't have coined the word "Jihad," with its extreme meaning and convenient rhyming potential.
      afksry

Comment

Originally posted by Ignominy
        If muslims didn't want a squad named after them, maybe they shouldn't have coined the word "Jihad," with its extreme meaning and convenient rhyming potential.
        Upon interrogation with some of it's members, none of them knew basics on Islam, like Salat (Prayer), 5 pillars of faith, they didn't even know what Shahada (Testimony of Faith) was...

Now how are you Muslim if you don't know what Shahada is?

That lead me to believe quite obviously that they were not muslim. As such, that lead me to believe that they were infact mocking Islam.

Comment

Originally posted by gerry
          That lead me to believe quite obviously that they were not muslim. As such, that lead me to believe that they were infact mocking Islam.
          Maybe they are brand new fans.
          afksry

Comment

Originally posted by gerry
            Upon interrogation with some of it's members, none of them knew basics on Islam, like Salat (Prayer), 5 pillars of faith, they didn't even know what Shahada (Testimony of Faith) was...

Now how are you Muslim if you don't know what Shahada is?

damn...does this mean i'm not muslim anymore?
            ok cent ph stop messing with me im not muslim anymore
            sigpic
            All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Damn those Cartoon's were good times.

;D
              SEE THAT'S WHAT'S WRONG WIT YOU WHITE MUHFUCKAS, YA'LL ALWAYS TRYNA -FORCE A MOTHAFUCKA TO DO SOMETHIN- YA'LL ALWAYS TRYNA FORCE A MUHFUCKA TO SEE SHIT YOUR WAY.
              AND IT BACKFIYAHS. EVERY. FUCKIN. TIME.

o// REVERE ILYAZ, JASON & GRAN \\o

Comment

This is like that squad called I LOVE NIGHT, which when cut off in the F2 menu loses its last 2 characters.
                thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

wtf arab lover
                  I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                  I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

i find the word squad offensive to my religious beliefs.

Therefore all squads must dissolved.
                    Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                    Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

I think the squad flabby just be destroyed as it mocks people with big ears

Comment

wingmasters should be dissolved cause its offensive to those without wings, or those who are newbies with their wings
                        sigpic

Comment

I guess ur right

Ps: Im awaiting another anti-wima post from a less intelligent human being -_-
                          (and i dont mean grannie)

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Authority
                            I guess ur right

Ps: Im awaiting another anti-wima post from a less intelligent human being -_-
                            (and i dont mean grannie)
                            chick say what!

mwuahaha you can't stop me from posting!
                            sigpic

Comment

Gerry, I agree with you.

On a side note, I think that BasingCrew discriminates against people who are new to basing. Maybe they should be dissolved
                              1: hed> does aquatiq go to your school
                              1: oar> yeah
                              1: hed> go talk to her and be like "baby, lemme get those digits"
                              1: hed> and after dinner
                              1: hed> "howbout you unban apt"

7: flared> so me and my friends talked shit back to him
                              7: flared> THEN we find out he's in the crips

3: oar> do you like strawberry shortcake?
                              3: Nimesh> my sis does
                              3: oar> http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erry+shortcake

Comment

Working...
                              X