• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pretty harmless, don't see what the big deal is

Comment

Originally posted by Aquatiq
      pretty harmless, don't see what the big deal is
      gerry saw an opportunity to minister, but then his hopes were crushed because they weren't muslim. Now he must crush their hopes.
      afksry

Comment

Originally posted by glacier
        it was the name of a band that, if I remember correctly, KJW was apart of.

That was first. Second:

This thread title is severely misleading. I think gerry meant "Discrimination based Squad". As it stands the title means, discrimination at a particular squad, because the name is from a particular culture.

I am somewhat tempted to change it to: Read Gerry complain about squadnames that aren't all that offensive.
        "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

distort, that wasnt funny idiot... who do u praise?

Comment

Originally posted by Clump
            distort, that wasnt funny idiot... who do u praise?
            roboqueen
            sigpic
            All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Well being a major in this subject in college, all I have to say is:

Most people are ignorant of what Islam is, they only think they know because they have heard something about it so bad, that they feel good about themselves and their own belief by bringing down another belief.

Those guys probably don't even know what Jihaad really means, or the proper use of it.
              TWLD Finals Champion Season 12
              TWLJ Finals Champion Season 12
              TWEL Warbird Champion: Season 4

Primordial> How many time for ld

Comment

nm
                You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by gerry
                  Rule 4 on A1 (Grid coordinate), states that Discrimination is not allowed. How does Upper Staff define discrimination?

I bring this up because I don't think squadowners that run TWD squads, should mock any race, religion, or person, just because they want to be smart about it.

A new squad JIHADSQUAD was made, and I didn't care personally for the squadname, but their TWD page is just ridiculous. I'm sure any real Muslim that plays this game would be offended, just like they were offended when the Danish newspaper decided to print "mock cartoons" of their Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him)

Sure this is just a 2D spaceship game. But how far is too far, even when it comes to mockery?

I do not say this because I'm muslim, and it's obvious I'm not, but in general. Are we as a society just blind to such mockery and discrimination based on religion, and just choose to do it in a smart way to get away with it?

To me it's not "just a squadname" and "just a squad", it's lack of respect for the Muslim culture.

Please take this as a serious note.

Best Regards.
                  i don't think coming on the forums and making a thread about it was the appropriate thing to do

talk to a twd op
                  7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                  Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                  TWLJ Champion Season 11
                  TWLB All-Star Season 10
                  Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

k so gran are u claiming to be a practicing muslim?

u go Gerry...
                    Quoting is the highest form of flattery ...

The mouth that holds the tongue that rocks your world... rules the world

PjOtTeR> I should change my name to horny gypsy humper

saying Goddess name is like saying Voldemort in the Harry Potter World. She-who-must-not-be-named is fucking Taboo

Comment

When you look at this seriously, Gerry has a valid point. Staff seems to turn blind eyes to some "racism"/"discrimination" type of situations, while going ballistic over others. I think everyone should be like Kim/Sarien. That'll solve our problems. And no, I'm not being sarcastic.

The fact is, the name JIHADSQUAD is probably offensive to someone. Granted, not everyone can be pleased when there are lots of players as there are on TW, and not all opinions are going to be accepted, but blatant disrespect like that should be removed.
                      -winipcfg

HAY GUYS

Comment

a scrub is a guy that thinks he's fly
                        i guess a lot of you should be offended by the squadname anti-scrub then? oh, you aren't? then close this thread. :P

Comment

?squadowner Cracker Attackers
                          USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Originally posted by D1st0rt
                            ?squadowner Cracker Attackers
                            Hakaku> ?squadowner cracker attackers
                            Owner is D1st0rt

Okay, you ppl are just acting stupid. First of all JIHADSQUAD is actually a registered squad on twd with a fair amount roster. Not only that, they have no clue what the word Jihad means. They know it's part of the Islam religion (I hope), but they just make fun of it.

Cracker attackers isn't registered on twd. Another difference is it has no members (no offense) and doesn't look to recruit. And lastly, D1st0rt, you know what the word cracker means and what it refers to.

Does no one know what discriminism is? You should all be ashamed, this isn't about freedom of the press, it's about pure idiocy.
                            Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
                            -Buddha

Comment

No, what this is about is people that think they are so fucking incredibly clever. And I'm not talking about the guys in the squad.

It's the same people that construct elaborate theorems as to why racism should be perfectly legal in the zone. It's the same people that use that Judaism isn't a race in defense of Anti-Semitism. It's same idiocy these people display when they come up with "Well we can't say this word, so we'll report everyone else for any word that might ever be considered offensive in a theoretical manner, to illustrate how stupid it is that we can't say the original racist shit we want to say."

Attention whoring on a not-so-grand scale. Proof? Easily.
                              Gerry isn't saying he's offended, but he's appointed him self "protectorate from being offended" to the masses. On your behalf he'll save the world!
                              No, wait, no he won't. Because if he thought for half a second that he actually had a good case against these people, he wouldn't have posted about it blindly on the forum and then left it to rot. He would've emailed the complaints email, reported it officially, and let the wheels of justice take their course. He's stirring shit, or trying to.

Any muslims out there, that are offended by the name, or the displays that this squad has on their TWD site, I urge you instead of posting here, to actually report your complaint in official channels. If you post it here, it'll rapidly get ignored and nothing will happen, and you will feel ignored yourself. That's because this isn't official. It's just people bullshitting.
                              Right Here:
                              Complaints: Complaints@trenchwars.org

Lay it on them if you feel the need. If there are players making you feel unwelcome or uncomfortable with their bigotry, then it needs to be reported and dealt with. All players need to have the ability to play here without having to deal with that kind of nonsense.

The rest of you that are ready to tear shit apart because it might maybe be offensive to someone out there, some day, displaying your deepness and your caring, tolerance, and understanding of the world through this? Go volunteer at a fucking hospital or something. Read to some cancer kids and make em feel better or something.
                              "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Originally posted by Goddess
                                k so gran are u claiming to be a practicing muslim?

u go Gerry...
                                just think about what you said.
                                It's practicing Islam you dunkin donuts spokesperson
                                sigpic
                                All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Working...
                                X