No announcement yet.

TW Player Comittee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the point in having a group of players around discussing changes to the zone when they dont have powers?

Comment

If Staff were like a government then this is more like a lobbying group or a public citizen's commitee. He's not saying that it will have necessarily have any official say in how the zone is run. One of the problems we've seen in the past is complaints about the distance between staff and the general population. So far, Kim has taken steps that seem to bring the two closer together, but this is something coming from the player's side. At the same time, a lot of people also complain about a lack of a voice in how things operate. This could help provide that.

The problem I see with this idea is that the zone's population is much too varied and often have opposing viewpoints that a commitee representing such a group would have trouble building a consensus.

Comment

troll king you are my god. you basically took all the things i was thinking and made it strait to the point and easy to understand, i appreciate it
        Subnova Owner

Comment

Originally posted by Izor
          Mods/TWD ops: Theres random mods that I dont even know what their function is (DangerGirl, Kolar, 9three off the top of my head). They dont even do anything at all most of the time, except kolar says yes a lot to smod+ and removes staff forum posts. As far as TWD ops go, I dont really know about the euro ops so I'll go as far as to say that spider is the only one there that for sure is really inactive
          Thats true, you dont know usually what positions staffers does have and has had, how many calls they take and so on.
          We have currently quite active TWD Ops since TWD was resetted and they were/are needed to register names for people, its been working quite good. (Your name was instantly registered also when you requested it).

As far as help calls go, mine never seem to get answered, until I spam ?help repeatedly and someone has to come warn me, in which case I know they're online so they have to take the call LOL.
          Why does the people have to lie, I checked your helpcalls during last month and every single one was answered. I can list them here also but im not that type of person who does that really, you just have to trust my word. I think that you have just been not answered some time ago and you now think that's the case always. Also you havent spammed help to get answers like you say and get warned coz of it, you have only sent some irrelevant shit sometimes that you deserve to be warned about.
          You have sent in some good stuff also, so keep it that way.
          Original Mambonian
          TWD Head Coordinator

Its frustrating to write these lines after every post^
          I'd hope there would be another way..like some automatic system that fills them itself after every post.

Comment

Mods/TWD ops: Theres random mods that I dont even know what their function is (DangerGirl, Kolar, 9three off the top of my head). They dont even do anything at all most of the time, except kolar says yes a lot to smod+ and removes staff forum posts. As far as TWD ops go, I dont really know about the euro ops so I'll go as far as to say that spider is the only one there that for sure is really inactive
            Since you asked:

My job on this forum is to moderate (that means remove unwanted threads and enforce the rules) and expand on it's function. I don't talk with a lot of Super Mods really, Moot mostly because of the public stuff. Currently I am not on any group, I was part of ECT (Event Coordination) when Melo was running it, I am a Staff Trainer for Zone Helpers and I worked on the radio project before it died. To date I have never removed any threads or really done anything at the request of the super mods. Zeus made me a forum mod here, not them. In game I am just a Moderator. My time on Continuum is spent playing public, ?go base mostly. I'd say most of my calls are ?cheater calls but I still like to get a few ?helps in there. For cheater calls I'd say 60% are tk related, 30% racism and the last 10% are true CE/hacking calls.

Dangergirl is no longer offically staff as far as I know, she is a Forum Admin. Forum Admins run this place basicly, Zeus, Conc, DG, some SMods.

9three is just a mod like me.

While it is not stated anywhere that staffers should do more then their quota (and I have been lacking a bit myself in that department with school over the summer) I think they should help out in some areas. Same with players. The only thing I can really say is I do what I can, nothing more then that because it wouldn't be my 100%. For the future I am very interested in Moot's Public committee and have given my full support if help is needed with anything.
            Last edited by Kolar; 09-04-2006, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadz
              fuckin crap idea, die quickly please
              ROFL
              1:abbot> i think i played well
              1:brookus> abbot last time i checked YOU lost
              1:brookus> so im going to say that YOU sucked as well

7:Sleuth> HOW DO YOU FUCKS SAY CRACKER
              7:Vue> WE SAY CRACKER
              7:Vue> U DIPSHIT

7:Rampage Jackson> wtf are you guys drunk or 15?
              7:Vue> lol jackson when sleuth is online everyone becomes 15

oar> i got rejected from Stray
              oar> and both of their caps are on my personal chat
              oar> but its ok

Comment

My help calls either go unanswered or I get told about bang bang bang
                USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Working...
                X