zone banning rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zone banning rules

Let me just say to start this off i realize this zone has a 0 tollerance policy for racism and this is fine but recently i had a completely bullshit ban for it.... There are huge problems on how this is dealt with tho...

heres what happened to me
    so late at night 2am est im just in an empty twjd3 arena with some afkers talking to friends and shit when i accidently miss squad chat and i put a N$# fill in the blanks into regular chat... without warning I am immediately banned... I then talk to asmodeus who says he cant help me at all and there is noone that can help me even tho he sympathises with my situation... Apparently i had 2 warnings from A LONG time ago 1 when i first entered the zone and 1 i know was when i was alone in a dueling arena witha squady and it slipt out didn't realize i couldn't talk freely with just 2 ppl in an arena lol. Its not lke im some random guy and i dont go around breaking rules in the zone how can warnings be kept for such a long period of time? EVENTUALLY every1 will get banned for slip ups unless ur perfect...

I've played this zone for a year and 2 warnings in a year imo doesn't constitute an instant ban especially when the context of my message was a joke to a squady that was meant for my own squad chat (btw his name was in the message i mistyped). Thankfully rudy unbanned me but it took 2 days which i could have been playing twd with my team.... Imo these rules need fixing so ops cant just ban some1 and that person is pretty much helpless for a couple days... You cant even talk to the op who banned u cuz they dont leave a name lol. I know this isn't the first time this has happened but eithr change the rules or have the ops use some common sense if some1 says something in an empty arena it shouldn't be banable thats just rediculous in my opinion :P a warning should always be given first and if that player continues the abuse they should be banned... Not omg he typed a racist word 4 months ago i'll ban him now for breaking the rule again...

Once I typoed "wait a min" with "wait a ***" where *** is that bad word whatever it means. And got banend for that ^.^
    <insert some random logs here>

Comment

i think all the bots are coded with some racist words, and it only sends that 'player name said a racist word' to the staff chat...not the sentence the word was used in...if so, that should be changed
      zidane> big play
      Omega Red> dwop sick
      mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
      WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
      1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

1. Don't tell us. This is not the place to take it up. Send an email to the ban address.

2. OMG, you missed two days! You honestly care about two days of playing TWD?

Originally posted by Mouse
        Imo these rules need fixing so ops cant just ban some1 and that person is pretty much helpless for a couple days
        You're kidding, right?

4. LOL

Comment

I think that whether or not you meant to say it in public, you still deserve the ban. I don't care about "freedom of speech" in chats... I still think that racism in chats should still be bannable, as it is still taking place in trench wars. And the argument that "OMGsauce I MEANT TO BE RACIST IN MY CHAT NOT IN PUB" is ignorant... a racist is still a racist. You, sir, are like the ***. You are neither a gentleman nor a scholar. Good day sir.

PS: I'm sorry, but anyone who disagrees with me on this point is tolerant of racism. The point of the "no racism" rule in trench wars is not to hide it, but to erradicate it. While it is nearly impossible to fully remove it from the game, failing to try is admitting defeat. Racism was not the reason free speech was advocated, and should not be included as such.

Even if saying the word was unintentional, the fact that it is in your vocabulary makes you a racist.
          1: hed> does aquatiq go to your school
          1: oar> yeah
          1: hed> go talk to her and be like "baby, lemme get those digits"
          1: hed> and after dinner
          1: hed> "howbout you unban apt"

7: flared> so me and my friends talked shit back to him
          7: flared> THEN we find out he's in the crips

3: oar> do you like strawberry shortcake?
          3: Nimesh> my sis does
          3: oar> http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erry+shortcake

Comment

Originally posted by IKM
            Even if saying the word was unintentional, the fact that it is in your vocabulary makes you a racist.
            I actually have to disagree with you on this point. I have heard racist words, even read books in school dealing with racism words. They are apart of my vocab, but I never use them. I never have and never will. Now, I can understand mispelling a word that has a "ing" ending. You sometimes see it as you type too fast (another example is typing "teh" instead of "the" You hit the right keys, just not in the right order.) I understand that, but if you just blatantly say it in public, no matter if you meant it for squad chat or not, then you deserve the consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by Twerp
              I actually have to disagree with you on this point. I have heard racist words, even read books in school dealing with racism words. They are apart of my vocab, but I never use them. I never have and never will. Now, I can understand mispelling a word that has a "ing" ending. You sometimes see it as you type too fast (another example is typing "teh" instead of "the" You hit the right keys, just not in the right order.) I understand that, but if you just blatantly say it in public, no matter if you meant it for squad chat or not, then you deserve the consequences.
              Yeah, I agree. I didn't put enough effort into phrasing it correctly. But you know what I mean B)

Comment

IKM you must not be white....?
                zidane> big play
                Omega Red> dwop sick
                mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Originally posted by Dwopple
                  IKM you must not be white....?
                  Actually, I am white. I am just incredibly morally developed.

Comment

i was typing to my SQUADY eelam who i know irl and the bots send the hole message and why would they ban squad chats? if u dont like the chat leave it rofl... and i think my point was made btw twerp i was already unbanned it just took a couple days when i wanted to play those days... and look at what happened to the other guy a typo resulted in a ban... btw they r just words they cant hurt u :P ever heard of sticks and stones can break my bones but names can never hurt me lol . I dont go around sayinfg racist shit maybe only 2 my squadies when im joking around and jesus who cares about political correctness... did i go to some U FUCKING N@#R#R no i said lol "eelam I could out duel ur ass u !#3 lollol" was what i got banned for its very silly and apparently it was instant cuz i had warnings from months ago :P

Comment

Racism can be interpreted one way by one person, while another way by someone else. The fact is, don't use racist words in the first place, no matter what context they are used in, it'll save you the time and trouble.
                      Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
                      -Buddha

Comment

never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by IKM
                          Actually, I am white. I am just incredibly morally developed.
                          Thats such bullshit lol. I know not one person who doesnt generalize others. Whether it be by race or by what they wear. Its pretty much instinct to judge someone and lump them in a category when you see them. Emo, punk, etc. Problem is, when someone tries to apply a negative generalization or stereotype based on race, people like you think that its 'immoral'. Also, if I were to say 'damn those black people make good athletes' who would ban me for that? Although I'm still applying a stereotype to a race, apparently this is 'moral' behavior, even though it in turn is saying that other races arent good enough physically. So before you act like you're some kind of model citizen just ask yourself if you've really never judged a book by its cover.
                          I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                          I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by MousE
                            i was typing to my SQUADY eelam who i know irl and the bots send the hole message and why would they ban squad chats? if u dont like the chat leave it rofl... and i think my point was made btw twerp i was already unbanned it just took a couple days when i wanted to play those days... and look at what happened to the other guy a typo resulted in a ban... btw they r just words they cant hurt u :P ever heard of sticks and stones can break my bones but names can never hurt me lol . I dont go around sayinfg racist shit maybe only 2 my squadies when im joking around and jesus who cares about political correctness... did i go to some U FUCKING N@#R#R no i said lol "eelam I could out duel ur ass u !#3 lollol" was what i got banned for its very silly and apparently it was instant cuz i had warnings from months ago :P
                            It's called a hypothetical situation. I was in no way giving you any opportunity to use my points as one of yours. I am against you. I want you to be banned for saying that, even if you accidentally missed your squad chat.

Comment

I think warnings are usually forgotten in 3 months, I'm not 100% sure of this, but that's how it was at one point.

I also have no clue of wether the bot deletes the warnings automatically or is it done automatically. If it's not done automatically, then they most likely havent removed your warnings or something similar..

Other than that, PubBots and I think few others, send ?cheater calls to staff chat when someone is saying racist words. If Asmo said nothing can be done to your ban, too bad, few days..

Yeah use the bans09@trenchwars.org e-mail..
                              3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
                              3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
                              3:i.d.> da fk is that?
                              3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
                              3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
                              3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
                              3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
                              3:Shadowmere> LOL
                              3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
                              Shadowmere> Rofl
                              Up in ya !> With his feet
                              Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
                              Up in ya !> l44t feet
                              Deft> l44t f44t*
                              Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
                              Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Working...
                              X